richpanda's race to 3 A*s

Welcome to my race to 3 A*s
A bit of background:

Spoiler

Academic achievements so far:

Spoiler

UCAS application tracker:

Spoiler

So, I hope you find this thread interesting, engaging and perhaps even motivating! I know it motivates me, hence why like last year I am blogging my studying. Being able to see what you have done and stating on here what I am going to do gives me an extra kick to do work.

My guide to succeeding in AS levels: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4197729
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
08/10/2016

I have a very busy schedule today. I've been out working this morning, and have some work to catch up on from yesterday. I'm going to have lunch after posting this, then do some physics reviewing and entrance test preparation in 1 block, probably around 1.5 hours. Then I'll have a break and do a physics homework and some chemistry revision, watch the England game and eat. Finally I've got some maths work to do, potentially around 2 hours. I will update this post as I go along.

Spent 2 hours doing some pre-interview assessment preparation. Done 30 minutes of physics revision. Done 1.5 hours of physics homework, and chemistry revision.
(edited 7 years ago)
What subject are you applying for?
Reply 3
Original post by TiernanW
What subject are you applying for?

Sorry forgot to add that in. See in the spoiler about my background.
Reply 4
09/10/2016

May have had one of the longest sleeps in history. Also, today may as well be called 'Mathsday' instead of 'Sunday' seeing as all 3 of the things I'm meant to be doing today are maths. I've got a (very) long piece of homework to do, but it's not in for a while so I will probably do 2 hours of it today, then do it bit by bit during the week. I also have some maths revision to do on topics I've already done in Core 3.

My number 1 aim for this week is to get my UCAS application sent off by Wednesday (I am doing early entry, and the deadline is Saturday). The sixth form is still faffing around with my reference:angry: but I am going to go full-on nag mode to get them to do it quickly.
Reply 5
What unis are you applying to?
Reply 6
Original post by kfarhan57
What unis are you applying to?

look on 'uni application tracker' in the OP.
@richpanda Which exam boards do you do for each subject?
Reply 8
Original post by Cryptokyo
@richpanda Which exam boards do you do for each subject?

Maths- Edexcel
Sciences- AQA
Looks like I've found my twin:biggrin:same course and A levels
Reply 10
Original post by richardhello
Looks like I've found my twin:biggrin:same course and A levels

Nice! Where are you applying to?
Original post by richpanda
Nice! Where are you applying to?

The same places... that's what I meant when I said 'same course' lol. May the best man gain entry:biggrin: which college at Cambridge btw?
Reply 12
Original post by richardhello
The same places... that's what I meant when I said 'same course' lol. May the best man gain entry:biggrin: which college at Cambridge btw?

Downing, looked like something out of a victorian era drama.
Reply 13
UCAS all done, waiting for some offers now!
Original post by samantham999
I'm doing 6 units of maths this year (edexcel)
any tips?
I'm aiming for an A*

The most important thing is to enjoy it. Then it is easier to get the work done.
Good luck do update us about your offers 😌
Reply 16
Original post by nisha.sri
Good luck do update us about your offers 😌

I will! Only have an offer from manchester so far, I'm really busy which is why I'm on TSR less now, it's a bit of a time drain.
Hi! I notice that you have two threads for your A2 study log? https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4289984 Which one will you be using? p.s I'm really happy that you are doing it again!
What offers did you get?

Quick Reply

Latest