The Student Room Group

I have a feeling that my mother doesn't like spending time with me

Today she got angry that I couldn't light the candle and was very unkind.Every day I wake up and do the dishes clean the house vacuum I do my own washing etc I sometimes cook.In the morning for her birthday, I went with my step-father to get her flowers etc I tidied up after both breakfast and lunch.I feel hurt as I feel like she doesn't want to spend time with me.I came to her today asking for an apology as when she got angry about me lighting a candle she hurt my feelings.Her response was like stop bothering me it made me feel sad as I try to be a good daughter always at home doing my homework I never go out I know so many people my age who do things like smoking,drinking alcohol etc and I don't and it makes me feel hurt as I feel like she doesn't see that I try my best and this feeling is getting in the way of my productivity as I try so hard to be good and yet I feel like for what she doesn't even see it maybe I want to be like other rebellious teens because there is no point being good.I feel like she finds me boring we have practically nothing in common.
Original post by Anonymous
Today she got angry that I couldn't light the candle and was very unkind.Every day I wake up and do the dishes clean the house vacuum I do my own washing etc I sometimes cook.In the morning for her birthday, I went with my step-father to get her flowers etc I tidied up after both breakfast and lunch.I feel hurt as I feel like she doesn't want to spend time with me.I came to her today asking for an apology as when she got angry about me lighting a candle she hurt my feelings.Her response was like stop bothering me it made me feel sad as I try to be a good daughter always at home doing my homework I never go out I know so many people my age who do things like smoking,drinking alcohol etc and I don't and it makes me feel hurt as I feel like she doesn't see that I try my best and this feeling is getting in the way of my productivity as I try so hard to be good and yet I feel like for what she doesn't even see it maybe I want to be like other rebellious teens because there is no point being good.I feel like she finds me boring we have practically nothing in common.

Be careful because trying to be a 'rebellious teen' could actually lead you down a dark road that you might not recover from easily.

I would say stop trying to impress your mum.. sucks but better than what you're doing now.
Have you tried talking to her about this? Or another family member about it? Maybe she is stressed about work and stuff, we have all been there when you are stressed someone tries to help but then it makes things worse.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending