The Student Room Group

Do you talk to yourself?

If yes, then in what type of situations?

I do sometimes when I am making a sandwich or boiling an egg, like I'm on a cookery show.

Or, if I'm doing my makeup, I pretend that I have a YouTube channel.

:getmecoat:

Making a big mistake by not making this anon but what the heck. :lol:

Scroll to see replies

When I'm doing maths, I get confused if I don't say some of it out loud.
Reply 2
In the shower. Yes I'm weird.
When I'm trying to organise things, yes. I also have very aggressive dialogues with my computer.
All the time.

But I find that I am more talkative when on the toilet seat.

I just seem to open up to myself more easily than in any other situation.

The toilet seat is like my self reflecting room, my me time.
Reply 5
Yeah cos I'm a loner :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by NotNotBatman
When I'm doing maths, I get confused if I don't say some of it out loud.

Yeah, I did that while doing my courseworks.
Reply 7
Original post by UWS
In the shower. Yes I'm weird.

No, you're not. I do that. :lol:
Reply 8
Original post by Plagioclase
When I'm trying to organise things, yes. I also havee very aggressive dialogues withw my computer.

:lol: I have those with my phone.
Original post by Legit Bad man
All the timee.
But I find that I am more talkative when on the toilet seat.I juss seem to open up to myself more easily than in any othersituation
The toilet seat is like my self reflecting room, my me time.

The toilet is my sleeping time if I wake up early. :colondollar:
Original post by drowzee
Yeah cos I'm a loner(
then we all are too lol. Seems like we all do a bit of this.
a bit too much
I used to talk to myself in the mirror or/and in my room a lot as different characters but I've stopped doing that lately. So now its just when I'm nervous or when I'm alone in a public place and need some company.
I always talk to myself tbh!
Such a lame persom that i have convos with myself about things :frown:
Male myself laugh and yeah...so sad
yep...when I'm home alone.

I pretend I'm having full on conversations with people I know- like I'm practicing for some major speech and sometimes it can get pretty emotional. Like I pretend I'm confessing my true feelings for someone...

Then I realise it's just me...on my own...talking to myself like a crazy person.
All the time
Original post by Saba XD
If yes, then in what type of situations?

I do sometimes when I am making a sandwich or boiling an egg, like I'm on a cookery show.

Or, if I'm doing my makeup, I pretend that I have a YouTube channel.

:getmecoat:

Making a big mistake by not making this anon but what the heck. :lol:

Talking to yourself is perfectly normal as long as you realise you are talking to yourself, and only yourself.
Absolutely. Usually while handwriting something, playing a puzzle-type video game, trying to locate something, etc.*
I live alone and as i'm between jobs right now I can go days without any social interaction. So isn't it obvious?

I'm basically JD from Scrubs - without the fantasies.
I talk to myself when I have to walk back from the bathroom to my bedroom in the dark at night, so I'm not so afraid.
I do all of that, i sometimes interview myself because i am famous (obviously!), or i act out scenarios that are highly unlikely to occur and the singing...
so
much
goddamn
singing...
I act out scenarios that could potentially happen in the future - usually if the event makes me nervous. It's embarrassing when I'm walking home from school and I don't realise I'm doing it. E.g. I was acting out what to say when calling the uni admissions and someone looked at me weirdly - should've worn headphones :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest