The Student Room Group

I'm going on holiday before my A levels, is that risky?

I'm going to Cuba for 2 weeks in easter 2017, will this be risky since my As level exams are the month after? I will be able to take revision materials but it won't be as good quality revision as I'd be able to do at home.
Its probably not the best idea, but if you start revision early and get all your notes completed before you go then you can just do past papers and practice questions on holiday which will be much easier.
Reply 2
Original post by HopelessMedic
Its probably not the best idea, but if you start revision early and get all your notes completed before you go then you can just do past papers and practice questions on holiday which will be much easier.

I'm starting revision now xD
Original post by AxSirlotl
I'm starting revision now xD

Ok. I mean proper revision for the summer exams when you've finished all the content
Reply 4
Original post by HopelessMedic
Ok. I mean proper revision for the summer exams when you've finished all the content

Ahhh okay, thanks.
Original post by AxSirlotl
I'm going to Cuba for 2 weeks in easter 2017, will this be risky since my As level exams are the month after? I will be able to take revision materials but it won't be as good quality revision as I'd be able to do at home.

Yes of course it is stupid. This is the rest of your life.

My niece and nephew - holidays before exams - still unemployed two years after graduating - cruddy A level results mediocre university. You have the rest of your life to take holiday.....*
Reply 6
I had a two week holiday during easter before my AS exams and got 4A's. That said, would i recommend everyone do the same? No. In my case, i began revising in december and felt confident. Also revised during my holiday. In short, yes it is risky but how big a risk it will be, depends on how early you start revision and how confident you feel with the material.

Quick Reply

Latest