The Student Room Group

How do you get over someone?

Now, I don't mean this in a literal way, I just don't know how to stop feelings sad about things not working out with a girl.
Its normal to feel sad and you shouldn't try to repress that because keeping anything bottled up isn't healthy. However learning to love yourself and distracting yourself with hobbies or friends can help!
The only thing you can do to get over someone is to give it time, i'm afraid. Or meet someone else. But with that there's the danger you are just on the rebound and your feelings for the new person might not be real. Time is a great healer. It may be a cliche but it also happens to be true.
Reply 3
distance and time
Reply 4
I experienced this as well but a fellow psychologist told me the following:

You need to realize that what you experience is what is known in psychology as attachment. You think that you will feel horrible without the object of attachment but nothing is farther from the truth. Realize that once upon a time, you were happy without her, you were yourself, so realize then that you don't need her to be happy.

Problem solved!
Time. Delve into other priorities and interests. Keep busy.
getting under someone else
Original post by 571122
I experienced this as well but a fellow psychologist told me the following:

You need to realize that what you experience is what is known in psychology as attachment. You think that you will feel horrible without the object of attachment but nothing is farther from the truth. Realize that once upon a time, you were happy without her, you were yourself, so realize then that you don't need her to be happy.

Problem solved!

It's a lot easier said than done.

There is no on or off switch

Most people have no control over their emotions.
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It's a lot easier said than done.

There is no on or off switch

Most people have no control over their emotions.

There is one and it worked for me. You just have to realize it, Mr. anonymous.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending