The Student Room Group

Guys, would you date a girl who was estranged from her family?

So long story short I basically have no contact with my family (for reasons I don't want to go too deeply into but it was to do with religion) and I'm working through uni with my wages, my student loans and money my grandmother left me. I was wondering though, because I've read articles on estranged women talking about how they get rejected for coming from a broken family, would any of you date a girl who was estranged?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
So long story short I basically have no contact with my family (for reasons I don't want to go too deeply into but it was to do with religion) and I'm working through uni with my wages, my student loans and money my grandmother left me. I was wondering though, because I've read articles on estranged women talking about how they get rejected for coming from a broken family, would any of you date a girl who was estranged?

Yes, I'd honestly might prefer it. Had an ex whose parents were *******s.
I'd like to know everything about it but to be honest i'm sure it's a relief for many because they won't have to meet your parents!

On a serious note; it doesn't matter at all to me.

I wouldn't reject someone just because of that, and anyone who does is an idiot. You'll be fine OP :biggrin:
Well i too am somewhat estranged , male :P
Reply 4
I'd like to know everything about it but to be honest i'm sure it's a relief for many because they won't have to meet your parents!

On a serious note; it doesn't matter at all to me.

I wouldn't reject someone just because of that, and anyone who does is an idiot. You'll be fine OP :biggrin:

Thanks!

Original post by Conceited
I honestly don't see why anyone wouldn't. People get estranged for lots of reasons - some of them stupid.

I had a bad experience where my ex introduced me to his family and his dad told him later on he didn't want any of his kids to date "damaged goods"

It would make zero difference, unless ofc the reason for the strangement was an issue, but generally no difference.

It would make it more admirable that you had one your own way and were coping independently. A person would be dating you and not your family.
I already do.

Lol her grandfolks prefer her, as they're more worried and easygoing whereas her mum has had enough and her dad did a legger when she was a kid. Now he's in jail.

She has an extensive criminal record
Has struggled with drugs
Is not an alcoholic but I don't think anyone has seen her go a day without drinking
She also fights too much
and she doesn't know the father of her child.

But she's good in bed and I love her to bits :h:
Reply 7
Original post by 0to100
I already do.

Lol her grandfolks prefer her, as they're more worried and easygoing whereas her mum has had enough and her dad did a legger when she was a kid. Now he's in jail.

She has an extensive criminal record
Has struggled with drugs
Is not an alcoholic but I don't think anyone has seen her go a day without drinking
She also fights too much
and she doesn't know the father of her child.

But she's good in bed and I love her to bits :h:

Awwwwwwww!
Awwwwwwww!

Lol but how did you read and respond to that so fast.
Reply 9
I would prefer this as I hate dealing with the in-laws.
Original post by Josb
I would prefer this as I hate dealing with the in-laws.

Really? You wouldn't put the girl down or anything for it?
Reply 11

No.

Yes. I see no reason why one wouldn't.

Why would you?
Of course. :h:

It would not be a big deal to me.
Original post by _gcx
Why would you?

Some guy I used to like did.
Some guy I used to like did.

When then he's a dick, to put it simply :h:
Original post by _gcx
When then he's a dick, to put it simply :h:

Yes glad I lost that one!
Sure I would! Dunno why someone wouldn't

Hi there,

I have recently put up a thread, for people looking to make real friendships on TSR. Not just online friends but an actual support group. Please get in touch with me :smile: It would be particularly good for estranged people, like myself too.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4626216&p=70678020#post70678020

speak to you soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending