The Student Room Group

What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

^^^
Truthful answers
Is it just looks because it seems that way
Personality means nothing around where i live
You dont have the looks, you just get laughed at in the street :frown:
So what do girls actually look for in a guy nowadays?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FireFreezer77
^^^
Truthful answers
Is it just looks because it seems that way
Personality means nothing around where i live
You dont have the looks, you just get laughed at in the street :frown:
So what do girls actually look for in a guy nowadays?

What makes you say that personality means nothing?
The people laughing at you in the street are the shallow, boring ones you don't want to end up with anyway.

Ambition, determination to succeed, caring, intelligent, ability to debate/argue/stand up for self, and deep (like in a philosophical way idk guess this goes with smart)- for me it's 40% looks. Gotta have some attraction there in the first place but remember it only takes a tiny spark to light a bonfire :h:
A good personality and looks I would think 🤔 But it seems like looks, abs and height are all people care about nowadays 😳
Reply 4
If personality means nothing around where you live then just ignore them (they have the wrong priorities). (sensible) girls want someone that will treat them with respect and make them feel special ( the girl will then reciprocate this). The key in getting into a good relationship is not by changing who you are to suit other people's tastes but it is by being 100% yourself and finding someone else who likes you for you.
To me I like a guy who is:
Funny
Has a nice smile
Friendly
Caring
Open minded
Has hobbies- it makes them seem interesting
Enjoys music as much as me (bonus)

But tbh don't feel bad because you haven't found someone yet. Stuff like this can't be rushed and you're still young
Reply 6
you want someone who has something in common with you
Original post by Jagwar Ma
What makes you say that personality means nothing?

Only where i live.
Girls here always go for the guys with shocking personalities but who look good :/
Therefore thats all they care about around here!
Reply 8
It'll vary from girl to girl but for me personally -

Faithful
Animal lover
Empathetic
Similar interests as me in games, music, films
Funny and can take a joke
Has an interest in science
Mature but still have a lighthearted side
Wants the same things as me in life when it comes to major things such as we both want to get married, both agree whether or not have to kids etc

Looks were never a big deal for me. I'm with someone who gets laughed at for his weight, his fashion sense, his acne, his keloid scars and at the end of the day, those who laugh are just bloody bitter. They don't deserve a second thought and I can guarantee anyone who laughs at you is a lot more insecure than you are.
Original post by Reachin4TheStars
A good personality and looks I would think 🤔 But it seems like looks, abs and height are all people care about nowadays 😳

Nobody actually cares about abs tbh.
Original post by Emily999
you want someone who has something in common with you

Pretty much this.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Nobody actually cares about abs tbh.

Some girls do.
Some girls do.

Girls. Not women.

Those girls prefer little skinny 10stone boys with skinny packs to beefy 14stone guys of 170cm height and 14% body fat :P
Girls. Not women.

The thread says "girls" 😒
Reply 14
Confidence goes a long way.

But looks, personality and comparability are important too.
Reply 15
food
Someone I can have a conversation with. If it's awkward to be around a guy or we have nothing in common then it's not going to last.
Original post by ImagineCats
The people laughing at you in the street are the shallow, boring ones you don't want to end up with anyway.

Ambition, determination to succeed, caring, intelligent, ability to debate/argue/stand up for self, and deep (like in a philosophical way idk guess this goes with smart)- for me it's 40% looks. Gotta have some attraction there in the first place but remember it only takes a tiny spark to light a bonfire :h:

True. :h:
The thread says "girls" 😒

Pretty sure he meant females tbh.

But anyway, I meant by women girls who are mature. Some would be 17. Some 18. Some older. Not kids basically.
Pretty sure he meant females tbh.

But anyway, I meant by women girls who are mature. Some would be 17. Some 18. Some older. Not kids basically.

Okay, sorry for the misunderstanding 😔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending