The Student Room Group

Fancy my flatmate

Hey,

So my flatmate and I have been flirting (slightly - or she's being really nice, but only to me) since we moved in and I need some advice now. Yesterday I found out she's been telling her friends something about me, but I don't know what. Also, she's smiling every time she sees me and obviously she trusts me the most from all of the other guys in our flat.
How can I test if she's into me?
And as for now, should I flirt more and try to kiss her at some point, preferably when she's drunk or should I ask her out? Time is running, because another girl is trying to hook her up with another guy and she already said yes about meeting him in a group setting in a few days.

Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hey,

So my flatmate and I have been flirting (slightly - or she's being really nice, but only to me) since we moved in and I need some advice now. Yesterday I found out she's been telling her friends something about me, but I don't know what. Also, she's smiling every time she sees me and obviously she trusts me the most from all of the other guys in our flat.
And as for now, should I flirt more and try to kiss her at some point, preferably when she's drunk or should I ask her out? Time is running, because another girl is trying to hook her up with another guy and she already said yes about meeting him in a group setting in a few days.

Thanks!

Could you just rearrange the rooms and move her into yours?
Move all her groceries into your his and hers cupboards

Time is running out, dont be a mouse.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Could you just rearrange the rooms and move her into yours?
Move all her groceries into your his and hers cupboards

Time is running out, dont be a mouse.

The second thing would be so funny. Well, maybe someone's up for some serious advice?
I'd be quite cautious in how you attempt this, try and be social, go into her room for a chat, I'm sure if she's throwing you some signals,it's a good sign. However, don't make the same mistake I did and ignore the signals.
Reply 4
Are you a fresher? Lol you really don't want to get hung up on your flatmate. Awkward living arrangements if it doesn't work out.

But if she's really into you, you'll know about it. Don't rush into anything, slow down and see what develops. Uni has a lot to offer until then.
Reply 5
Original post by LordMorrissey
I'd be quite cautious in how you attempt this, try and be social, go into her room for a chat, I'm sure if she's throwing you some signals,it's a good sign. However, don't make the same mistake I did and ignore the signals.

She's been giving me quite a few signals as I described above but they're not absolutely clear. We've been flirting quite a lot as far as I can tell and one of my other flatmates told me it seems like I have a crush on her.

Original post by sh9
Are you a fresher? Lol you really don't want to get hung up on your flatmate. Awkward living arrangements if it doesn't work out.

But if she's really into you, you'll know about it. Don't rush into anything, slow down and see what develops. Uni has a lot to offer until then.

Yeah no risk no fun, if it doesn't work out everyone's gonna forget after a week or so.
So do you think I should wait even though she's gonna meet another guy in a few days because this girl is trying to hook her up with him?
Reply 6

Yeah no risk no fun, if it doesn't work out everyone's gonna forget after a week or so.
So do you think I should wait even though she's gonna meet another guy in a few days because this girl is trying to hook her up with him?

Fair enough!
You could ask her out for that particular day and see whether or not she chooses to hang with you and cancel on him? That way you'll know if she's interested or not
Reply 7
Original post by sh9
Fair enough!
You could ask her out for that particular day and see whether or not she chooses to hang with you and cancel on him? That way you'll know if she's interested or not

Wouldn't it be weird if I asked her out for that particular day? I've been there when that girl was trying to convince her to meet him so she knows that I know that. Anyway it's the only day she's free before meeting him, so the other option would be to try to watch a movie in one of our rooms and go from there. I've been trying to go slow because I don't want to make things weird so I tease her a lot, gave her a few compliments and there's a lot of smiling when we're talking. Also, when I tease her she starts to hit me, playfully.

Sorry I'm thinking about that to much? If I'm being stupid, just tell me to stop it please. I'd just love to get a few more comments on that.
Reply 8
Original post by LordMorrissey

What exactly was your mistake btw?
Hey,

Thanks!

I'd say you best move is to ask her out for coffee just start small and if that goes well then go out for a meal and just buy a nice silver piece for her and just keep working on it and eventually you'll make it
you just have to make the time and effort and it will pay off
Original post by jamesthehustler
I'd say you best move is to ask her out for coffee just start small and if that goes well then go out for a meal and just buy a nice silver piece for her and just keep working on it and eventually you'll make it
you just have to make the time and effort and it will pay off

Okay thank you :smile:. What should I do about this guy she might meet? Seriously, I'd be actually so pissed to see her with him after she's been flirting with me all the time.
You'll probably be looking for another flatmate by Christmas... Don't s*** where you eat.
Original post by Reality Check
You'll probably be looking for another flatmate by Christmas... Don't s*** where you eat.

What's the worst that can happen? If things go wrong it's gonna be weird for a week or so.
What's the worst that can happen? If things go wrong it's gonna be weird for a week or so.

Not being rude, but that's incredibly naïve. You don't go from flatmates to sexual partners to flatmates again as if they're three courses of a meal. Most people don't, anyway.
Not being rude, but that's incredibly naïve. You don't go from flatmates to sexual partners to flatmates again as if they're three courses of a meal. Most people don't, anyway.

^ this

Personally wouldn't do it.

Original post by rockrunride
^ this

Personally wouldn't do it.

So what should I do then? Just keep on flirting?
So what should I do then? Just keep on flirting?

I think you need to decide what you want out of this - a flatmate or a squeeze? And be aware whilst making this decision that if the relationship goes tits up, the likelihood is that one of you will have to move out - is that a situation you want to find yourself in?
I think you need to decide what you want out of this - a flatmate or a squeeze? And be aware whilst making this decision that if the relationship goes tits up, the likelihood is that one of you will have to move out - is that a situation you want to find yourself in?

Fair enough. Although we're a lot of people in the flat anyway.
I'd still be happy about other comments :smile:.

Just thought about it again. What if I didn't take the chance and saw her with some other guy? She might be scared about the same thing anyway. So I think I should go for it. I don't understand why we should be on bad terms if things went tits up.
Just thought about it again. What if I didn't take the chance and saw her with some other guy? She might be scared about the same thing anyway. So I think I should go for it. I don't understand why we should be on bad terms if things went tits up.

So you've made you decision. Congratulations.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending