The Student Room Group

Which is worse---failing or never trying?

Just wondering.. What do you think?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Never trying is worse ...u won't do it if u don't try :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never trying 😣 Although failing is also pretty bad because you might have tried your best at something 😔
Failing. I don't recover
Reply 4
Never trying
Reply 5
never trying
Reply 6
Never trying. Learn from your mistakes and be a better person next time.
Reply 7
Never trying
Reply 8
Never trying. If you fail at least you can have at least some idea about how to get back up and what not to do to improve next time, but if you never try there won't be any progress and you'll just have regrets of not trying.
Tried.jpe
it's right but i myself don't believe in failing ! do you ? :h:
Never trying , failing is normal part of life
Original post by UWS
Never trying. Learn from your mistakes and be a better person next time.

You impressed me ! :wink:
(edited 7 years ago)
Failing, It bothers me nothing is worse doing something and realising how you could've done better when its too late, atleast with never trying you don't have to put up with failure and its least likely to bother me when i sleep at night.
Never trying is the only failure. Everything else is experience.
Not trying. A least if you fail, you know you made an attempt. If you don't even try then you don't even know whether or not you had it in you to succeed.*
Winner is just a loser who tried one more time.
Never Trying:frown:
never trying
failure is the one of those few things in life that is guaranteed, it is an absolute certainty. Success is the only thing that is doubt. This may sound negative but I will explain.

Whatever you do in life your going to fail, you can't choose not to fail you can only choose when you fail. For example i want to pursue a maths degree I have already failed with maths by getting questions wrong with silly mistakes or etc. My plan is to practice maths a lot before the exams, the likelihood is I have a lot more mistakes/failures ahead of me, but with hard work hopefully the actual exams won't be, and with enough failures before hand the exams will hopefully be a great success.

If you wanted to make it as a professional basketball player then you would fail by missing shots so many times. many of the top three pointer shooters would/do shoot over 1000 practice shots a day, they fail or miss literally of hundreds of shots every single day just so that they don't fail quite as often in the actual games.

You can't avoid failure ever you are going to fail over and over again in life everyone is. What you can do though is enjoy some success, which you should really want, because the thing that makes you appreciate success so much is all the failure that you had to endure to get it.

Don't fear failure embrace success.
Never trying is worse. With failure you can learn from your mistakes and use them as a baseline for improvement. If you don't try, how do you know that you are going to succeed or how to improve?

This is my favourite quote:
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall." - Confucius.

Quick Reply

Latest