The Student Room Group

Trump hysteria

I understand a lot of the comments from Trump have been idiotic and unpresidential (and I do not believe he is a good republican candidate) however rarely does media, other than alternative media, address Hillary's past decisions and treatment of women. For example, her defence of a man who raped a 12 year old girl, full well knowing he was guilty, while still laughing on the subject. If that were Trump the media would go insane.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBirdman
I understand a lot of the comments from Trump have been idiotic and unpresidential (and I do not believe he is a good republican candidate) however rarely does media, other than alternative media, address Hillary's past decisions and treatment of women. For example, her defence of a man who raped a 12 year old girl, full well knowing he was guilty, while still laughing on the subject. If that were Trump the media would go insane.

Link the story from a credible source.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Link the story from a credible source.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/19/did-clinton-laugh-about-a-rapists-light-sentence-and-attack-sexual-harassment-victims/?0p19G=c

I've sent this source in particular as it links the recorded evidence of Hillary's conversation in which she recognises his guilt yet acts casually and flippantly. I recommend you watch the tape.
Reply 3
How many women has Bill assaulted ?
Reply 4
Original post by Therec00
How many women has Bill assaulted ?

Maybe around a 2:1 ratio for every time Hillary uses the woman card to every woman Bill assaults.

It'll all be brushed under the carpet by the time Clinton is sworn in. She'lol exonerate herself and we won't hear from it again.

You've made a very good point: if this was Trump, he would be lambasted.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/05/19/did-clinton-laugh-about-a-rapists-light-sentence-and-attack-sexual-harassment-victims/?0p19G=c

I've sent this source in particular as it links the recorded evidence of Hillary's conversation in which she recognises his guilt yet acts casually and flippantly. I recommend you watch the tape.

ok ive read and watched the video.

Controversy as I saw it was the laugh concerning the polygraph.

I wasnt convinced. I thought it was just a lawyer recounting old cases/ work and their experience from a lawyers perspective about how the system works and her skill within itl All lawyers do it if you are bored enough to listen, although plenty of legal work is very dull. Ofc you are going to tell a tale and act flippantly when talking over old stuff its just work.

There isnt anywhere on that she knows 100% that the man was guilty, suspecting is not enough. Its not her job to find guilt. As long as he says not guilty , then as his lawyer she has a duty to defend him as best as she can, thats how it works. You rely on the prosecution to do their job. Innocent till proven guilty.

Its no smoking gun. If it was she would have been brought up before the state bar about it.

You dont think lawyers and barristers over here do the same i.e talk to other lawyers about their cases? They really d and they have a laugh about how rubbish the system is or how strange some of the clients or situations they have found themselves in, are.

Ps at least you gave me a credible source, which I was happy to take the time to read from.
(edited 7 years ago)
trump did nothing wrong, build the wall, shillary for prison, make american great again
If that were Trump the media would go insane.

Yeah, because it would mean Trump had somehow passed the bar.
So let me get this straight... Bill Clinton had an affair with an intern, fathered a baby (possibly more than one) and abandoned him. Hillary defended a child rapist, had people killed in Benghazi, deleted 33k emails on a private server, systematically created and armed ISIS, had 6 billion dollars unaccounted for as Secretary of State. And the media doesn't care. Donald Trump said something 11 years ago in a "locker room conversation" and the media is now going crazy. The hypocrisy is astounding!
#AmericaStandsWithTrump
#TrumpPence2016
Reply 10
ok ive read and watched the video.

Controversy as I saw it was the laugh concerning the polygraph.

I wasnt convinced. I thought it was just a lawyer recounting old cases/ work and their experience from a lawyers perspective about how the system works and her skill within itl All lawyers do it if you are bored enough to listen, although plenty of legal work is very dull. Ofc you are going to tell a tale and act flippantly when talking over old stuff its just work.

There isnt anywhere on that she knows 100% that the man was guilty, suspecting is not enough. Its not her job to find guilt. As long as he says not guilty , then as his lawyer she has a duty to defend him as best as she can, thats how it works. You rely on the prosecution to do their job. Innocent till proven guilty.

Its no smoking gun. If it was she would have been brought up before the state bar about it.

You dont think lawyers and barristers over here do the same i.e talk to other lawyers about their cases? They really d and they have a laugh about how rubbish the system is or how strange some of the clients or situations they have found themselves in, are.

Ps at least you gave me a credible source, which I was happy to take the time to read from.

I'm not arguing this is unusual behaviour from a lawyer. However you'd think the media would highlight it due to its contradictory nature with her stance on helping to empower rape victims.
Reply 11
The media in just about every country is controlled by someone or something. They are no longer impartial otherwise both Obama and Clinton would be in prison by now.

Basically except for the media who gives a sh*t about some off the cuff comment that Trump made 11 years ago. I think I'd be more concerned about someone's involvement in creating ISIS and Al Qaeda to keep the Middle East destabilised.
CNN have just explained that the first question of tonight's debate will be offered to Clinton (no surprise). They will also ask Trump about the recent tape (no surprise either). Obviously no questions about Clinton leaks... ****ing rotten to the core this election.
I'm not arguing this is unusual behaviour from a lawyer. However you'd think the media would highlight it due to its contradictory nature with her stance on helping to empower rape victims.

It was over 40 years ago, she must have been very junior at the time and she didnt even want the case, it was forced on her. I think you are reading too much into it. Lawyers are objective and removed, just like Drs are about patients.

You can laugh and shake your head about the system without having to get involved in every case, ots also such a long time ago, like tlaking about schooldays.. Defenders are there to do a job, which is to represent their client, they arent there to judge. They know the public prosecutor will be trying their very best to get a conviction, so they rely on the system and innocent till proven guilty.

There was a very good TB series on lately and if you havent watched it you should, because its a good bit of entertainment, but gives you an idea of why it isnt always black and white. Worth watching as one of the better series in TV this year. Its a remake of a BBC series called Criminal Justice.

[video="youtube;556N5vojtp0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=556N5vojtp0[/video]
Original post by Naveed-7
So let me get this straight... Bill Clinton had an affair with an intern, fathered a baby (possibly more than one) and abandoned him. Hillary defended a child rapist, had people killed in Benghazi, deleted 33k emails on a private server, systematically created and armed ISIS, had 6 billion dollars unaccounted for as Secretary of State. And the media doesn't care. Donald Trump said something 11 years ago in a "locker room conversation" and the media is now going crazy. The hypocrisy is astounding!
#AmericaStandsWithTrump
#TrumpPence2016

It's actually disgusting. Will you be watching the debate tonight?

I've got a lecture at 3pm, so I think I can risk it haha!
Reply 15
It was over 40 years ago, she must have been very junior at the time and she didnt even want the case, it was forced on her. I think you are reading too much into it. Lawyers are objective and removed, just like Drs are about patients.

You can laugh and shake your head about the system without having to get involved in every case, ots also such a long time ago, like tlaking about schooldays.. Defenders are there to do a job, which is to represent their client, they arent there to judge. They know the public prosecutor will be trying their very best to get a conviction, so they rely on the system and innocent till proven guilty.

There was a very good TB series on lately and if you havent watched it you should, because its a good bit of entertainment, but gives you an idea of why it isnt always black and white. Worth watching as one of the better series in TV this year. Its a remake of a BBC series called Criminal Justice.

[video="youtube;556N5vojtp0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=556N5vojtp0[/video]

I've recently seen the first episode of that show and was excited to watch more. It does look good.
Reply 16
Original post by Dodgypirate
It's actually disgusting. Will you be watching the debate tonight?

I've got a lecture at 3pm, so I think I can risk it haha!

I'll be watching Steven Crowder's livestream for the debate.
I'll be watching Steven Crowder's livestream for the debate.

Omg same lol!
Reply 18
Original post by Dodgypirate
Omg same lol!

It's the only way I can watch the debate without gouging my eyes out. 😂
It's the only way I can watch the debate without gouging my eyes out. 😂

I've only started watching him recently. He's great.

I've watched plenty of Sargon of Akkad, and they did a live stream together.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending