The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jamestg
Lol great...

Good luck! What have you applied to study for?

I know... Thanks! Computer Science. What are you applying for?
Original post by Aidan.reed
I know... Thanks! Computer Science. What are you applying for?

Economics :biggrin:

Really hope I get in lol because I want it to be my insurance choice D:
Original post by jamestg
Economics :biggrin:

Really hope I get in lol because I want it to be my insurance choice D:

Yeah Surrey isn't my First choice either, Whats your first?
Original post by Gogregg
I would say that i reread my PS several times to make sure it was the right one for certain and whatnot, but haha nope.
Don't even want to look at that blasted thing anymore :lol:

I'm not even onto my final draft but can't bring myself to open it up (esp since I still have to cut it down :shot:)
Yeah Surrey isn't my First choice either, Whats your first?

Durham but Cambridge if I get an offer (which I won't lol)

Where's your first choice?
Original post by jamestg
Durham but Cambridge if I get an offer (which I won't lol)

Where's your first choice?

University of Nottingham already got my unconditional (I already have my Alevels)
Reply 566
Anyone know how fast/slow Imperial are at giving offers?
University of Nottingham already got my unconditional (I already have my Alevels)

Woooah congrats!!!
I second this. Can someone actually make a list of unis? It would save me so much time!
Reply 569
Original post by Xphoenix
I second this. Can someone actually make a list of unis? It would save me so much time!

I third this
Original post by solC
I third this

@MrsSheldonCooper Can you edit the original post to include a list? This means you'll have to constantly scour the thread for new unis that have given offers but hey, with a great threads come great responsibility. :wink:
Original post by ImagineCats
oh my god

I'm the same as metrize- paid and sent on the 26th and my school still hasn't sent it off even though my reference has been written for a week now :frown:... I'll be pushing for them to send it tomorrow :crossedf:
Original post by ImagineCats
So after you've pressed send on UCAS, how long did it take you guys for your schools to process it and you got acknowledgement emails?

I sent it to my GST on the Monday, admin read it the same day, the Principal read it on Tuesday and it was sent off Wednesday :smile:
Does being Head boy affect your application negatively?
Answers please,would appreciate.
Original post by Blancosdos

Why would it? It would be marginally beneficial; it doesn't show universities how much you like your subject but it suggests that you are well organised and talented as well as not a psycho.
Original post by BasicMistake
Why would it? It would be marginally beneficial; it doesn't show universities how much you like your subject but it suggests that you are well organised and talented as well as not a psycho.

What's wrong about being a psycho?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cogito.
What's wrong about being a psycho?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing. I apologise to the psychopathic community for my crass comments. #psycholivesmatter
Original post by jamestg
Has anyone heard back from Surrey yet?

About to apply and don't like the sound of waiting months for most of my choices lol.

Yeah i got an offer from them on the 5th Oct :smile: Good luck with your application!
Original post by mintiess
I'm applying to Glasgow, Dundee, Aberdeen, Stirling and Strathclyde for economics and international relations, and I sent my application last tuesday. So far I've got emails from Dundee and Aberdeen but no offers yet :smile: I'm so anxious because this is all so strange for me, I'm from Finland and none of my teachers or friends had even heard about UCAS before I told them :biggrin: I've just been reading this forum in order to get some tips haha

You really want to go to Scotland, don't you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Blancosdos

Not at all, it will be beneficial if you can show you can manage your responsibilities as head boy alongside your studies - time management is important. The worst it'll do is not matter at all, so it's definitely worth including!

Latest

Trending

Trending