The Student Room Group

Farage on Trump's remarks: "Look, this is alpha male boasting"

Just lol.

Why tf are these guys taken seriously?

Scroll to see replies

Trump's not alpha he's probably got a tiny dick, his ego makes up for it tho
If he sticks close to the Trump camp and is loyal then Donald will reward him. he has to be careful he isnt seen as an interfering brit. I wonder if Donald is paying him for consultancy and PR services?
Just a bunch of old, insecure jocks and their private profanities.

I watched the entire video and couldn't stop laughing. Sure it's not the best language, but don't tell me you and your male friends haven't spoken like this about girls you'd like to ****.

Blown out of proportion. Now CNN has said it will be targeting Trump on it now, but nothing about the recent Clinton leaks.

Trump shouldn't have apologised to these pathetic busybodies.
Honestly, he's right. Most guys would say stuff like that as bant. If your in a uni sports team you would have undoubtedly heard stuff like this.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Just a bunch of old, insecure jocks and their private profanities.

I watched the entire video and couldn't stop laughing. Sure it's not the best language, but don't tell me you and your male friends haven't spoken like this about girls you'd like to ****.

Blown out of proportion. Now CNN has said it will be targeting Trump on it now, but nothing about the recent Clinton leaks.

Trump shouldn't have apologised to these pathetic busybodies.

Not in such a degrading manner, its all about severity here
Original post by fksociety
Not in such a degrading manner, its all about severity here

Oh give me a break. I've heard a lot worse.

It's not like Trump was endorsing rape or anything sickening like that.

He was in a coach with his buddy and had a "jock moment".

I rest my case, this was blown out of proportion by an overly sensitive leftist media.
He wasn't running for Presidency 11 years ago was he? He was still in his business years. Clinton ,on the other hand, was already a figurehead in politics. This has nowt to do with age.

Trump is loved because he's not PC like the rest... he's offering a change, a difference.
I agree. Although I think this was blown slightly out of proportion considering it happened 11 years ago, it does convey a certain level of childishness and lack of maturity in Trump's attitude.
Nigel Farage acts like a dickhead, well that wasn't to be expected.....
Original post by Dodgypirate
Oh give me a break. I've heard a lot worse.

It's not like Trump was endorsing rape or anything sickening like that.

He was in a coach with his buddy and had a "jock moment".

I rest my case, this was blown out of proportion by an overly sensitive leftist media.

Well he said that because of his status he was able to grab them by the p***y, which is essentially sexual assault since it wasnt consensual. Sure, i doubt he'd do it (however his affiliations with Jeffrey epstein does suggest otherwise) but he is still normalising it by saying it was 'banter'.

The "overly sensitive leftist media" have every right to condemn trump for his comments.
Well he said that because of his status he was able to grab them by the p***y, which is essentially sexual assault since it wasnt consensual. Sure, i doubt he'd do it (however his affiliations with Jeffrey epstein does suggest otherwise) but he is still normalising it by saying it was 'banter'.

The "overly sensitive leftist media" have every right to condemn trump for his comments.

Oh give dodgy pirate a break. Its NOT RAPE, just a bit of boisterous sexual assault.Not like everyone doesnt do it.... Leftist media is getting it out of proportion.

It's a stupid, throwaway comment. Most men make airheaded, flippant remarks like such. It's really not that big of deal. Maybe instead we should focus on the serious criticisms of candidates: Hillary has plenty.
The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
Original post by BobBobson
The guy said some stupid **** and he apologised for it. Big whoop. Farage said it best: Hes not running to be pope. I want him to fix the economy, sort out immigration etc. I dont give two shits about rude words that he said 10 years ago in private with his friends showing off about how sexually active he is. And I dont know why its dominating the news cycle like this. It should at most be the story as a page filler in a tabloid.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should we not hold our leaders to higher moral standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Should we not hold our leaders to higher moral standards?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In my eyes, his moral standards hasn't changed. He's a guy who's rude and mean and arrogant, but in the end wants the best for the country and wants to deliver that. That scores pretty fine in my books, much higher than Clinton. The people who pretend to have high moral standards, you know, the McCain type, the Romney type, the whole Holier than Thou spiel, are usually just as sleazy as the next person and are in fact useless to voters because they're too scared to say something which might damage their reputation, they're too scared to bring any actual change to the political establishment which gave them their jobs in the first place. Trump says it like it is; he doesn't censor how he feels in fear for his job. When republicans (and democrats for that matter) have been in office (the types who you believe have higher moral standards), they've acheived very little actual change. They refuse to deal with any actual issues and simply gain votes through flashy gimmicky policies that force their voters into believing they have to vote to see x policy happen / not happen. Last election cycle, it was Obamacare, which happened to work well for the Republicans. In honesty, the GOP and the Dems are exactly the same, they run on a platform which keeps their core voter base satsfied and are happy just keeping their safe seats and switching presidents every decade or so. The Bush family and the Clinton family are pretty much besties at this point.

It's not just that though. If you had a someone with "high moral standards" running on Trump's platform, he would be a literal nobody. But as soon as Trump entered the race, he immediately generated headlines. The way he speaks and his "lack of moral standards" mean that he garners so much attention for the movement. People like him because he's a household figure, he's the macho pimp we all hear about and he's not a politican and he's actually fighting for us.

When you have someone who is as powerful and arrogant as Trump, you have someone who will say his thoughts and not care about the consequences, he is honest. But then you couple that with someone who actually wants to do good, then he is the ultimate weapon against the establishment.

I think it can be summed up best as "He is not the man we want, but the man we need" , he's like a disgusting medicine. Preferably, we would want a Saint to be President, but then he wouldn't get the job done and wouldn't get any votes.
Reply 16
I like American faux-offence.

Just watch their telly or films. Full of this.

Or attend one of their colleges.

Just another thing to get spears out against someone. It'll blow over in about two hours from now, given how the debate is most likely to finish. He's never made himself out as saintly (à la Romney, Santorum etc).

Sure he's rude and angry, but so are many Americans. He comes across as absolutely believing in what he's fighting for, and more honest than Clinton. That's his Unique Selling Point, and nothing that is coincidentally leaked in parallel with WikiLeaks, will sway his hardened supporters.
(edited 7 years ago)
it did come off as peacocking to me, frat boy *******s. It is amazing the kind of **** Hilary is done in comparison and this frat boy *******s could actually end Donnie's campaign.
Reply 18
Lol @ the people saying this is normal man talk, you misandrist pigs. The only people I've known to speak like this are intellectually deficient meathead douchebags. There's a difference between saying "Id bang her" to saying you manipulate women with some form of influence or power to almost forcefully sleep with her

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by BobBobson
In my eyes, his moral standards hasn't changed. He's a guy who's rude and mean and arrogant, but in the end wants the best for the country and wants to deliver that. That scores pretty fine in my books, much higher than Clinton. The people who pretend to have high moral standards, you know, the McCain type, the Romney type, the whole Holier than Thou spiel, are usually just as sleazy as the next person and are in fact useless to voters because they're too scared to say something which might damage their reputation, they're too scared to bring any actual change to the political establishment which gave them their jobs in the first place. Trump says it like it is; he doesn't censor how he feels in fear for his job. When republicans (and democrats for that matter) have been in office (the types who you believe have higher moral standards), they've acheived very little actual change. They refuse to deal with any actual issues and simply gain votes through flashy gimmicky policies that force their voters into believing they have to vote to see x policy happen / not happen. Last election cycle, it was Obamacare, which happened to work well for the Republicans. In honesty, the GOP and the Dems are exactly the same, they run on a platform which keeps their core voter base satsfied and are happy just keeping their safe seats and switching presidents every decade or so. The Bush family and the Clinton family are pretty much besties at this point.
do you not believe that his policy would be to benefit himself and his company? And how can him saying that he has raped women not offend you? Are you so indoctrined that you just go 'banter'?

It's not just that though. If you had a someone with "high moral standards" running on Trump's platform, he would be a literal nobody. But as soon as Trump entered the race, he immediately generated headlines. The way he speaks and his "lack of moral standards" mean that he garners so much attention for the movement. People like him because he's a household figure, he's the macho pimp we all hear about and he's not a politican and he's actually fighting for us.

When you have someone who is as powerful and arrogant as Trump, you have someone who will say his thoughts and not care about the consequences, he is honest. But then you couple that with someone who actually wants to do good, then he is the ultimate weapon against the establishment.

I think it can be summed up best as "He is not the man we want, but the man we need" , he's like a disgusting medicine. Preferably, we would want a Saint to be President, but then he wouldn't get the job done and wouldn't get any votes.
Do you truly believe that he is speaking his mind? He really isn't, he just decided that his platform should appeal to the far right because people respond to fear more than hope.

Quick Reply

Latest