The Student Room Group

He's giving up on me

Sorry about making another thread. This was a previous one if you were interested.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4347652&p=67851650#post67851650

I think he's giving up on me. I feel so torn whether I should care since I caused it. This boy adores me with all his heart and I can see it but lately I think he's going to give up on me. He's getting frustrated and hurt and yesterday when I told him I loved him he said back " are you sure about that" *

Is he too good for me? :sad:*
[video="youtube;BmErRm-vApI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmErRm-vApI[/video]
sad
:hugs:

I think in any situation, there does come a point where a person can't continue trying to pull in a situation where all the other is doing is pushing. The thing to focus on, I'd say, is that he's tried instead of leaving - it shows a certain amount of caring within itself, caring about you. And he's still there. It's not too late.

I know it's scary, but sometimes, allowing yourself to open up is a scary jump you have to make. It's something you'll have to face up to eventually, I think it's more about finding the person you think will be right to work through that with you - do you think he's that person?

It sounds like you care about him and if you think you'll regret it if you push him away, I'd try and make a go at it.

Best of luck. :hugs:
Reply 3
Original post by Bryci
Sorry about making another thread. This was a previous one if you were interested.http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4347652&p=67851650#post67851650

I think he's giving up on me. I feel so torn whether I should care since I caused it. This boy adores me with all his heart and I can see it but lately I think he's going to give up on me. He's getting frustrated and hurt and yesterday when I told him I loved him he said back " are you sure about that" *

You don't even love him so what's the point really? He's moving on since you keep giving him mixed signals. You either want him or you don't.
Original post by Ciel.
You don't even love him so what's the point really? He's moving on since you keep giving him mixed signals. You either want him or you don't.

I think she's playing a game with his feelings. When it suits her she pushes him away and when it doesn't she'll say things to keep him actually believing that its worth staying around for.

You are probably the worst kind of person, You're toying around with someone. This boy told you he cares but theres only so much one can ****ing take before they can't take no more. Its absolutely disgraceful how you've treated him.:angry:
Reply 5
It seems people think I'm the villain here :frown:
Reply 6
Original post by Foo.mp3
What kind of BS question is that? Know thyself

I don't know the answer though. And i know I've ****ed up big time. I told him yesterday that I love him and that I need him in my life but i'm not sure if I like him as much as he likes me. and I know I've ****ed up. It really isn't meant to be an excuse. I told him I can't do it anymore and he told me if I had any respect for him I would do it to his face. Is it disrespectful to have done by text?*
Reply 7
Original post by Foo.mp3
I don't see how, no-one died

You're aware this is utterly inconsistent, right? Either you love him and do need him in your life, in which case you give it a shot (provided you're both capable of satisfying one anothers desires for the type of relationship you're seeking), or you don't open your mouth and leave him well alone. It really is that simple

I love him but i'm unsure if I'm ready to take the chance to love him. I know I ****ed up by saying I need him cause its such a mixed signal.
Reply 8
Original post by Foo.mp3
Forgive me but you seem a little unclear on what you mean by love. Do you mean you desire him, and want his company/affection, or do you mean these things + that quality (that fully describes love) whereby you want to be together, and would hate to be without him/think of him with someone else :holmes:

I'm unsure. I want his affection and company. I love his smile and how kind hearted he is. I want to be together but i'm unsure i'm ready after having my heart broken a while back.*

Its a complete mess what I've done.
Original post by Bryci

You need to figure out what you really want, you are not being fair at all by sending him mixed signals.
Reply 10
Original post by Rock Fan
You need to figure out what you really want, you are not being fair at all by sending him mixed signals.

I know i'm not being fair but I really want him there for me. It sounds selfish but I need someone that sweet and caring even if I don't feel exactly the same.

Original post by Foo.mp3
Ok, then you need to tell him these things, candidly, and perhaps avoid dating until you are a little more certain you're ready (don't have to be 100%, but at least 50%would be advisable). He sounds like a considerate guy, so I expect he'll understand :smile:

He's extremely considerate. Absolute sweetheart to me and probably anyone who's ever come across him.
Original post by Bryci
I know i'm not being fair but I really want him there for me. It sounds selfish but I need someone that sweet and caring even if I don't feel exactly the same.

He's extremely considerate. Absolute sweetheart to me and probably anyone who's ever come across him.

Well you should let him go find someone else if you don't feel the same, any wonder why peolle give up on others who play games and send mixed signals
Reply 12
Original post by Rock Fan
Well you should let him go find someone else if you don't feel the same, any wonder why peolle give up on others who play games and send mixed signals

Do you think I'm playing a game? :sad:
Original post by Bryci
Do you think I'm playing a game? :sad:

You are at least sending mixed signals and kind of leading him on.
Hoes aint loyal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending