The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Sardonic Zarah
How come you're doing mocks so soon?

I had like a panic attack in my English sats so i only got a 4a and all my other grades were 6s. To this day, my reports say I'm gonna get a 6 in English even though that's the grade I'm currently working at.

we are doing mocks on every subject which is kind of stupid because we have barely covered any of the content .
however it should be okay as we are told what to revise
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi my name's Caitlin and i'm obviously in year 10.
The subjects i'm doing are:
English Literature (AQA) predicted 8
English Language (AQA) predicted 8
Maths (OCR) predicted 9
(I'll probably do further maths too)
Double Award Science (AQA) predicted 8
RE (AQA) predicted 8
History (Edexcel) predicted 8
French (AQA) predicted 8
Music (WEJC) predicted 8
Drama (AQA) predicted 8

My passion is music and that's like my whole life but i also love writing so the essay based subjects like english, history and re are also some of my faves. I really dislike science but i'm quite good at it and the same goes for maths.

My main struggle in school is stress. I struggle with anxiety and the workload makes me so stressed. I was panicking earlier on because i have a lot of homework to do. I hate speaking in class and i struggle to ask for help for teachers if i don't get something.
Original post by forre
we are doing mocks on every subject which is kind of stupid because we have barely covered any of the content .
however it should be okay as we are told what to revise

What's even the point. In my ks3 'mocks' I wouldn't revise so I'd see what the lowest I could get. 😂
Original post by cactus queen
Hi my name's Caitlin and i'm obviously in year 10.
The subjects i'm doing are:
English Literature (AQA) predicted 8
English Language (AQA) predicted 8
Maths (OCR) predicted 9
(I'll probably do further maths too)
Double Award Science (AQA) predicted 8
RE (AQA) predicted 8
History (Edexcel) predicted 8
French (AQA) predicted 8
Music (WEJC) predicted 8
Drama (AQA) predicted 8

My passion is music and that's like my whole life but i also love writing so the essay based subjects like english, history and re are also some of my faves. I really dislike science but i'm quite good at it and the same goes for maths.

My main struggle in school is stress. I struggle with anxiety and the workload makes me so stressed. I was panicking earlier on because i have a lot of homework to do. I hate speaking in class and i struggle to ask for help for teachers if i don't get something.

I'm with you on the maths and science. With anxiety, as a former sufferer, I see asking for help as something you NEED. It's better to look stupid for 5 minutes than to be stupid forever.
I did 3 tests this week and I got:
Chemistry 100%
French 94%
Maths 94%
Happy with French and Chemistry but a bit disappointed with Maths- silly mistakes :smile:
Original post by lemonandlime123
I did 3 tests this week and I got:
Chemistry 100%
French 94%
Maths 94%
Happy with French and Chemistry but a bit disappointed with Maths- silly mistakes :smile:

This early on in the year and you're getting 90%+ 👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾
I'm on Edexcel too for History, what are your topics

We've been learning about the Treaty of Versailles, economic issues after WW1 in Germany, the start of the Nazi party, how Hitler got involved, what made Hitler a good leader, etc. Oh, and the Weimar Republic and how some wasn't very good.
Original post by thejj100100
We've been learning about the Treaty of Versailles, economic issues after WW1 in Germany, the start of the Nazi party, how Hitler got involved, what made Hitler a good leader, etc. Oh, and the Weimar Republic and how some wasn't very good.

Oh, reparations and the occupation of the ruhr. You've actually reminded me to do some revision 😂. Watch good morning mr hitler, it's really good for gathering an idea of life under Hitler
Oh, reparations and the occupation of the ruhr. You've actually reminded me to do some revision 😂. Watch good morning mr hitler, it's really good for gathering an idea of life under Hitler
yep! I will do 🙃
Is anyone doing work experience this year? My school's already starting the process of applying for jobs, even though our week in in july 😂
Is anyone doing work experience this year? My school's already starting the process of applying for jobs, even though our week in in july 😂

Usually our school does work experience in Y10&Y11, but idk whats happening right now.

Other than that i have a geography test tommorow

And it has been confirmed that we are doing a Product Design and Eng. Lang. Mock this month, not sure when though
Original post by bengaltiger_
Usually our school does work experience in Y10&Y11, but idk whats happening right now.

Other than that i have a geography test tommorow

And it has been confirmed that we are doing a Product Design and Eng. Lang. Mock this month, not sure when though

What are you looking to do for WE
Oh wait nvm.

I might do my WE in a hospital
Or somewhere in the medical sector

Posted from TSR Mobile

Our school is as well. We have work experience the first week of july. I'm just going to waitress at the local restaurant because then I have experience to get me into a job when I leave high school.
Original post by carlypower9
Our school is as well. We have work experience the first week of july. I'm just going to waitress at the local restaurant because then I have experience to get me into a job when I leave high school.

Tactical decision, some employers even hire their we kids
Original post by bengaltiger_
Oh wait nvm.

I might do my WE in a hospital
Or somewhere in the medical sector

Posted from TSR Mobile

An A&E department would be really eye opening, in my opinion
Hi. I'm currently in year 10. I'm having so many tests this week. I just received my results of my chemistry test where I got 32/38. Not the best result but apparently the test was quite hard as the highest score was 34/38. (I'm doing triple science).

We did an English comprehension exam (English is my worst subject). I didn't finish the exam. We had 45 minutes to answer a 4 mark, 8 mark, 12 mark and 20 mark question. But its our first english exam this year.
We had an eng exam today too. We get 1hr, 30min today, 30min tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys! My name is Stephanie I live in London and school there.
The GCSEs I am doing are:

Maths
English
Triple Science
French
History
Geography
ICT

Last year I did all of these subjects except for the fact I did Computing instead of ICT, however my school is not doing Computing this year as there are too many students (only 3 girls and lots of boys). I do not know the board of any of my subjects yet, but we have regular exams every half-term or after every new topic learnt. Next year we sit our mocks which I am already worried about.

Overall, my major concern is the amount of workload I have and how I am going to balance everything and be able to revise and actually understand everything. This is proving very difficult at the moment. Tips on how to revise and balance everything will be greatly appreciated!(Especially in the subjects I am doing for GCSE.)

Anyone else really feeling the pressure? :smile:

Latest