The Student Room Group

Environmental Science 2017

I can't seem to find any current threads on this.

Is anyone else thinking of applying for Environmental Science 2017 entry? Where to and what are your predicted grades?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RedLight27

Is anyone else thinking of applying for Environmental Science 2017 entry? Where to and what are your predicted grades?

I've moved your post to the Earth Sciences forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2

Hi, I've applied for environmental science at York, UEA, Keele, UWE and Greenwich. Sent my application on 30th of October, I've had acknowledgements from all apart from Keele. I've been lucky enough to received an offer from UEA (unconditional if I firm, conditional as an insurance). Have you sent your application off yet?
Reply 3
Original post by IslaCara
Hi, I've applied for environmental science at York, UEA, Keele, UWE and Greenwich. Sent my application on 30th of October, I've had acknowledgements from all apart from Keele. I've been lucky enough to received an offer from UEA (unconditional if I firm, conditional as an insurance). Have you sent your application off yet?

No not yet, still waiting for my teachers' references. I'm thinking of applying to Lancaster, UEA, Reading, Queen Mary and Leeds (through Access to Leeds scheme). Pretty ambitious options but these unis are really good for environmental science. I might switch Queen Mary for a lower entry req uni, but we'll see.

Can I ask, what are your grades to get an unconditional?
Reply 4
No not yet, still waiting for my teachers' references. I'm thinking of applying to Lancaster, UEA, Reading, Queen Mary and Leeds (through Access to Leeds scheme). Pretty ambitious options but these unis are really good for environmental science. I might switch Queen Mary for a lower entry req uni, but we'll see.

Can I ask, what are your grades to get an unconditional?

I gained A in Biology, A in Geography and a B in Chemistry at As level. And I'm predicted AAAA in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Welsh Bacc for my A Levels. What about you?
Reply 5
Original post by IslaCara
I gained A in Biology, A in Geography and a B in Chemistry at As level. And I'm predicted AAAA in Biology, Chemistry, Geography and Welsh Bacc for my A Levels. What about you?

Got BBBC in Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Physics (dropped Physics)
Hi, im applying for environmental science at UEA, Reading, Brighton, Oxford Brookes and Birmingham. I got AAAA in my AS levels (somehow!), i took Geography, Biology, Travel and Tourism, English Language and Literature. My predicted grades are AAA i think, (i dropped biology). :smile: I really would love to get an unconditional from UEA as i loved the uni so much at the open day but im still waiting for my teachers to do my references at the moment!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by jessicarawlings
Hi, im applying for environmental science at UEA, Reading, Brighton, Oxford Brookes and Canterbury Christchurch. I got AAAA in my AS levels (somehow!), i took Geography, Biology, Travel and Tourism, English Language and Literature. My predicted grades are AAA (i dropped biology). :smile: I really would love to get an unconditional from UEA as i loved the uni so much at the open day but im still waiting for my teachers to do my references at the moment!

I thought of Oxford Brookes as an option but not sure🙂 I'm still waiting for my references too and my school's internal UCAS deadline is 6th Nov 😑
I thought of Oxford Brookes as an option but not sure🙂 I'm still waiting for my references too and my school's internal UCAS deadline is 6th Nov 😑

I went to the Oxford Brookes open day and the campus and city centre were really nice but the course wasn't as good for me as UEA or Reading, it seemed more orientated around the biological side of environmental science rather than the geographical side, which is what i am more interested in. The main reason i am applying there is for a back up incase i mess up massively and dont get anywhere near my predicated grades. And my internal deadline is the beginning of December but im so keen to just send of my application now and get it out of the way, hate having to rely on the teachers doing my references first!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 9
I went to the Oxford Brookes open day and the campus and city centre were really nice but the course wasn't as good for me as UEA or Reading, it seemed more orientated around the biological side of environmental science rather than the geographical side, which is what i am more interested in. The main reason i am applying there is for a back up incase i mess up massively and dont get anywhere near my predicated grades. And my internal deadline is the beginning of December but im so keen to just send of my application now and get it out of the way, hate having to rely on the teachers doing my references first!

Yeah UEA and Reading are my top choices along with Lancaster, still unsure of my backups. My brother suggested Leeds - through Access to Leeds scheme - if I pass the scheme, the typical offer ABB can drop to BBC which is great but I'd have to firm Leeds and there's still a chance I'd won't get accepted because it's not an unconditional. I'm just hoping I do well in exams and that EnvSci course isn't oversubscribed 😂
Yeah UEA and Reading are my top choices along with Lancaster, still unsure of my backups. My brother suggested Leeds - through Access to Leeds scheme - if I pass the scheme, the typical offer ABB can drop to BBC which is great but I'd have to firm Leeds and there's still a chance I'd won't get accepted because it's not an unconditional. I'm just hoping I do well in exams and that EnvSci course isn't oversubscribed 😂

from the impression ive got i dont think the course is very oversubscribed at all, at my sixth form theres no one else apart from me that i know of applying for environmental science whereas theres loads of people applying for courses like business, law, psychology etc, but i guess its different at different sixth forms :smile:
Reply 11
from the impression ive got i dont think the course is very oversubscribed at all, at my sixth form theres no one else apart from me that i know of applying for environmental science whereas theres loads of people applying for courses like business, law, psychology etc, but i guess its different at different sixth forms :smile:

It's the same here, I don't know anyone in my school who's applying for EnvSci or Ecology
Hi, im applying for environmental science at UEA, Reading, Brighton, Oxford Brookes and Canterbury Christchurch. I got AAAA in my AS levels (somehow!), i took Geography, Biology, Travel and Tourism, English Language and Literature. My predicted grades are AAA (i dropped biology). :smile: I really would love to get an unconditional from UEA as i loved the uni so much at the open day but im still waiting for my teachers to do my references at the moment!

Delighted to hear UEA is your top choice, Jessica! Let us know if you have any questions through the applicant cycle :smile:

[video="youtube;XsXJ7ogpdy4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsXJ7ogpdy4[/video]
Just so you all know I'm at Reading doing Ecology and Wildlife Conservation. I got in on ABC but my course requires AAB-ABB, Reading's flexible in that if you miss by a grade they'll probably still let you in providing it's not a grade you need in a specific A-Level. And whilst it may not seem popular, Ecology and Environmental science are popular. My course had an intake of 23 people in first year - 80 people were made offers. So no doubt a lot more than 80 people applied. My course has higher grade requirements than Zoology - that's how competitive my course is.

For those who are still applying Plymouth has a very tree-orientated Environmental Science course.

I also did a year at Keele doing Geoscience so I can answer any questions on Keele's campus, etc.

I'm applying to Southampton, Brighton, Oxford Brooks, Plymouth and UEA.

I've already got a reply from Southampton saying that they got my application and that they are going to invite me to an open UCAS day to get to know the team there. It was a really personal email from them, showing they read all my personal statement and everything in my application. I'd recommend them if anyone's thinking about Uni's for Environmental Science.
(edited 7 years ago)
I've applied to Reading, Exeter, Portsmouth, Plymouth and UWE for environmental sciences and I'm predicted AABC
Reply 16
Original post by questions1234567
I'm applying to Southampton, Brighton, Oxford Brooks, Plymouth and UEA.

I've already got a reply from Southampton saying that they got my application and that they are going to invite me to an open UCAS day to get to know the team there. It was a really personal email from them, showing they read all my personal statement and everything in my application. I'd recommend them if anyone's thinking about Uni's for Environmental Science.

I think i received a similar 'personal' email from southampton, i attended a visit day there last week and most people on the visit day had also received a very similar 'personal' email. It makes me think they aren't so personal anymore and whether they're just sending it to most people who have predicted the grades to go. My email had listed most things in my personal statement and told me to 'keep it up' i wonder how many others were told this!!
Reply 17

AAB - Birmingham, Southampton, UEA, Reading, Plymouth. Have received offers from 4/5 so far, i applied on the 14th october
Original post by r17rjc
I think i received a similar 'personal' email from southampton, i attended a visit day there last week and most people on the visit day had also received a very similar 'personal' email. It makes me think they aren't so personal anymore and whether they're just sending it to most people who have predicted the grades to go. My email had listed most things in my personal statement and told me to 'keep it up' i wonder how many others were told this!!

I also got a personal email, they even started talking about things they have done similar to me. At least it shows they have actually given our application a proper read, and I thought the one on one chat really showed this as well. Although, was still a bit disappointed when I heard everyone had this email!
I sent off my application for environmental science about 2 weeks ago and i applied to Uni of York, Uni of Leeds, Uni of Edinburgh, Uni of Nottingham and UEA. My predicted grades are AAA and i study biology, chemistry and geography. So far, I've received an unconditional from UEA, an offer from York with the offer being EEE (if it's my firm choice) and an offer at Leeds for ABB and they've offered the Masters degree with a year abroad! Still waiting on Nottingham and Edinburgh though :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending