The Student Room Group

Do you actually believe in banning Muslims from entering the UK?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by uberteknik
Both statements are true:

Not all Muslim's are terrorists.

The overwhelming majority of terrorists are Muslim.

The EDL cause more trouble than the Muslims though.
Original post by Trapz99
I think we should have better screening processes to make sure that the Muslims we let don't hold extremist views.

err......how ? Ask them ? Wouldn't they just lie ?
Original post by Someboady
The results are just shocking... I can't believe there are so many people who would shun an entire community based on bigotry :/

Like Saudi Arabia does ? Like lots of countries around the world do ?
It's scary to see that people believe banning Muslims is the answer to stopping Islamic terrorism. We, as a society need to be welcoming and tolerant. Making these people feel marginalised and cut off from society is what is causing them to commit such acts. I'm not saying their acts are justified, yet if we all showed compassion, surely things would begin to change. Most people who want to ban Muslims have no idea that these people are caring and loving humans who do not want to cause harm. We cannot blame an entire group of people for the cruel acts of those who are in no way Muslim.
you know one thing that confuses people is islam and terrorism i believe no religion teaches terrorism christianism,islam or hinduisim etc . Overall i suggest to blame the terrorist and not the religion i am a muslim and i believe killing raping harming someone mentally or physically is wrong so please understand that in this world there are the bad and the good people if i am a muslim and a terrorist doesnt imply you are terrorist also .

Sorry if i rambled a lot but this topic really afects me as i am a muslim and live in the uk.
Before we point out our yes and No's muslims are humans like you and me. Muslims believe in islam and aside from islam i believe there is no religion that allows the terrorising or harming a fellow human physically or emotionally. And those people whom call themself "islamic terrorist" are people who are basically misleading manupilating the religion forcing other religions to think islam accepts terrorism .

Im saying all this because i am a muslim who lives in uk and it hurts me to see people thinking muslims are all savages terrorist please never point fingers at a religion or race as before everything we are all humans with emotions .
First they came for the Blacks, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Black and my white privilege would not let me.

Then they came for the Mexicans, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Mexican and I hate immigrants.

Then they came for the Moslems, and I did not speak out—
Because I was not a Moslem and I had no problem with the generalization.

Then they came for me, a white, non Moslem—and there was no one left to speak for me.
Original post by sleepysnooze
people perhaps shame muslims more so on the internet, because the internet is more right wing than the non-internet world. because there is anonymity. because our state/society has engineered a culture of political correctness on the non-internet world, institutionally, and citizens are now under the impressiopn that they will be called bigots for merely having beliefs that conform to reasonable common sense.

because this new culture now has to accept muslim culture as legitimate, and muslim culture includes anti-semitism, and muslims themselves are certainly not the kind of people who self-police, or else we wouldn't have problems of anti-semitism in institutions such as the labour party, and we wouldn't have radicalisation within muslim communities.

but it DID happen because the police had that mentality, but not only that mentality, but a fear of being accused of being racist! but this is the thing you're not getting: it literally *is* their culture that they did this. islamic culture is a genuine rape culture.

of course you ****ing don't - listen to you - you're telling me off for saying that islam is bad, essentially. you wouldn't care if half the country was muslim, because you look to muslims as a race, I can deduce from your attitude.

not really - our political correctness culture has caused people, satisfactorily, to not be homophobes, but at the same time, our political correctness culture doesn't affect muslims. they look to our culture as an opportunity to trojen horse their intolerance as "just another culture", or a racial thing, so they can free ride upon our tolerance so they can propagate their own intolerance. muslims that hate the west, their liberties and their democracy, also appeal to courts of human rights to get away with criminal or intolerant behaviour - wouldn't you say that this was a classic demonstration of what I'm saying? muslims aren't passified but non-muslims are, because non-muslims have cultural guilt and muslims don't. and if you have an entire closed-off community that self-reinforce their intolerances, you are going to have a community where people are proud and comfortable with their prejudices and intolerances, because it is literally an aspect of that culture.

are you implying that society isn't effected by people abusing children? :| what is "society" to you? :| and what are you talking about? what information are you requesting? don't be so vague - don't be scared to be specific

I think issues of 'self policing' are those of poverty, not of being 'a Muslim'. If anything, they are as parents seemingly tend to be more likely to be authoritarian. Though just an observation; but is probably almost equally true for other religious groups.

What happened in Rotherham isn't representative of 'being Muslim'.

There do appear to be problems with integration - which are very interesting. Would like to know more about the sociology of it.
Original post by Rakas21
Students and holidays - Let them come.

Muslims coming for citizenship or asylum - Turn them away.

Generally speaking i don't see any advantage to the nation in importing more of them. They are both an ethnic and cultural threat.

Why do you think that?
Original post by hellodave5
Why do you think that?

Because i don't see the advantages of Muslim immigration over that from an atheist/christian nation. Fundamentally, i don't consider one of us even if i know some great individuals.

I'd probably allow an exception for business owners.
No, banning people with those beliefs would put our country in a bad light. It's the political correct who believe religion should be a right and a freedom which is utter nonsense. Maybe I should conveniently find a scratty old scroll in my back garden and become a prophet for a new religion? Just for a laugh: have people worshipping chickens. Insanity is apparently a right if it's organised into protected groups. What I dislike most about Islam though is that it's probably the most backwards religion and is still going strong. The more people who hold the beliefs, the more influence it has which isn't a good thing. I wouldn't mind if it was a more casual religion and slowly dying. I can't wait for the world to eventually grow up and stop all this religious rubbish....however long it takes.
Original post by Rakas21
Because i don't see the advantages of Muslim immigration over that from an atheist/christian nation. Fundamentally, i don't consider one of us even if i know some great individuals.

I'd probably allow an exception for business owners.

But what I mean is why turn them away, to a considerably higher degree than that of Atheists and Christians etc.?
Would level/extent of religiosity be a factor?
Don't you think that would exponentially increase problems in society in the way of poor social cohesion?
Original post by Eboracum7
No, banning people with those beliefs would put our country in a bad light. It's the political correct who believe religion should be a right and a freedom which is utter nonsense. Maybe I should conveniently find a scratty old scroll in my back garden and become a prophet for a new religion? Just for a laugh: have people worshipping chickens. Insanity is apparently a right if it's organised into protected groups. What I dislike most about Islam though is that it's probably the most backwards religion and is still going strong. The more people who hold the beliefs, the more influence it has which isn't a good thing. I wouldn't mind if it was a more casual religion and slowly dying. I can't wait for the world to eventually grow up and stop all this religious rubbish....however long it takes.

It will die, when Islamic countries have an improved quality of life and education. Most people aren't particularly religious, but just identify with it because its what they were raised with.
It will die, when Islamic countries have an improved quality of life and education. Most people aren't particularly religious, but just identify with it because its what they were raised with.

This is true and the West hasn't helped the situation in those countries at all, quite the contrary. I think all we have done is strengthen the influence of religion in Islamic countries.
But what I mean is why turn them away, to a considerably higher degree than that of Atheists and Christians etc.?
Would level/extent of religiosity be a factor?
Don't you think that would exponentially increase problems in society in the way of poor social cohesion?

To avoid bureaucracy it's probably best just to do it by nationality and say that nobody from say Pakistan gets citizenship except in x and y circumstances.

Diversity does not make society more cohesive. The best way to make society more cohesive is to have one culture, be one nation. The best way to do that is to encourage those Muslims here to be better integrated while adding new immigrants that are more like us.
Original post by Rakas21
To avoid bureaucracy it's probably best just to do it by nationality and say that nobody from say Pakistan gets citizenship except in x and y circumstances.

Diversity does not make society more cohesive. The best way to make society more cohesive is to have one culture, be one nation. The best way to do that is to encourage those Muslims here to be better integrated while adding new immigrants that are more like us.

I have to say I agree. One thing I don't get: in general why do people move to another country and then just act act the same as if they were in their home country? Like British people who move to Spain and just make their own little Britain, they don't try and learn Spanish or anything and just eat an English breakfast every morning etc. If you move to another country you should do so because you want to be a part of it and it's culture. You should learn the language and the customs. You should make the effort.
Original post by samira Ali
you know one thing that confuses people is islam and terrorism i believe no religion teaches terrorism christianism,islam or hinduisim etc . Overall i suggest to blame the terrorist and not the religion i am a muslim and i believe killing raping harming someone mentally or physically is wrong so please understand that in this world there are the bad and the good people if i am a muslim and a terrorist doesnt imply you are terrorist also .

Sorry if i rambled a lot but this topic really afects me as i am a muslim and live in the uk.

I'm afraid you're mistaken there. The Qur'an is replete with nasty verses about killing and punishing those who don't submit to Islam. ISIS follow many of these verses literally.
I don't think anyone should be banned from entering the UK unless they:
- plan to commit crime(s)
- have committed crimes
- disrespect our country
- do bad things like littering and bullying
Things like that, but then again, UK citizens do lots of these. :/ And not like we're able to check most of these.
Reply 158
Original post by Someboady
The results are just shocking... I can't believe there are so many people who would shun an entire community based on bigotry :/

Agreed.
Reply 159
Original post by samira Ali
i believe no religion teaches terrorism christianism,islam or hinduisim etc . Overall i suggest to blame the terrorist and not the religion
However, some religions contain passages in their holy texts that terrorists use to justify their actions.
It is all very well saying that using female captives for sex is wrong, but when the Quran and sunnah say it is allowed, you can't really condemn without condemning Allah and Muhammad. And most Muslims aren't keen on doing that.

i am a muslim and i believe killing raping harming someone mentally or physically is wrong
You may well believe that, but Allah does not, and he stated clearly in the Quran who can be killed and harmed. Likewise, the sunnah of Muhammad details many people who can be killed and harmed. (The issue of rape is slightly more complicated. The Quran and sunnah do not explicitly permit rape, but they do permit using captive women for sex, and that is classed as rape by international law)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending