The Student Room Group

Been at home for over a week...

As I study at home (at 16) I don't need to go out. However, on the weekends I do for about an hour, just to have a knockabout on the footy fields with my dad and brother.

My dad is at home too and he just runs errands and comes home shortly after. I don't know whether I should go with him? I am an eBay seller as well and he takes my items to the Post Office but I don't go with him.

I don't have social anxiety; I can face the public. It's just that I'm worried about bumping into people I know. This stops me from doing newspaper rounds in my local area and just walking around with my family.

Soon, I should get a job in retail - which hopefully will change everything. Currently, I'm being rejected for the worst jobs out there; am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure I'd get rejected by Maccies!

Also, is retail that hard? Like what would I be doing as a retail assistant, apart from assisting customers?

Thank you in advance.
Don't look down on people who work at McDonalds. You should respect what people do, they could be staying at home scrounging off benefits but they've chosen to work for their money and earn an income. Don't belittle the job as its the wrong attitude to have.

Retail isn't hard in the sense of it being particularly mentally taxing but it comes with its own challenges. Difficult customers for one, working under pressure when it gets very busy, time management skills.

Best of luck with the applications and hopefully you get a job soon!
Reply 2
Original post by Malevolent
Don't look down on people who work at McDonalds. You should respect what people do, they could be staying at home scrounging off benefits but they've chosen to work for their money and earn an income. Don't belittle the job as its the wrong attitude to have.

Retail isn't hard in the sense of it being particularly mentally taxing but it comes with its own challenges. Difficult customers for one, working under pressure when it gets very busy, time management skills.

Best of luck with the applications and hopefully you get a job soon!

I'm not belittling McDonald's workers, it's the role; there are few requirements. Most of them are students anyway. I'm frustrated that I've been rejected for over 15 jobs.
Original post by House Bound
I'm not belittling McDonald's workers, it's the role; there are few requirements. Most of them are students anyway. I'm frustrated that I've been rejected for over 15 jobs.

Trust me I know how that feels. I went for over 200 applications,30+ interviews as an ex officer in the army and was being rejected too, most the time before the interview process. You just have to keep trying and eventually you'll make a break through somewhere :smile:
I haven't showered in 1 week and 2 days.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending