The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesstheravendor
Hi! You're the first Exeter English applicant I've seen on here! The course there is so amazing and the uni was lovely too. Are you single or joint honours?

Single. :smile:
Is anyone thinking of applying for biological sciences? I've been thinking about it but I'm not really sure
Reply 302
Original post by elegantelephant
Just out of interest to international applicants - why do you want to study in the UK? :smile:

I visited the UK when I was 12, fell in love with it. Also, we don't have courses like the ones in the UK.
Who's got their offers?
I still feel like I've been doing nothing, haven't sent mine yet.
Original post by Leandra_chk
Is anyone thinking of applying for biological sciences? I've been thinking about it but I'm not really sure

I've applied for Biological Sciences! i absolutely love biology so for me it was a no-brainer, but if you unsure then maybe look into different careers you could do with a biology degree and look at the course content for different universities that your interested in and see if you'd enjoy it or not :smile:
Course: Biology/ Biological Science

Which Universities: Exeter, Bristol, Surrey, Royal Holloway, and Gloucestershire (as a lower insurance choice just in case i got 4 rejections)

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and a C in the level 3 certificate in Further Mathematics

AS grades and subjects: Biology, Chemistry (Dropped), Psychology and History- their all linear so i didn't take any AS exams

A2 Predicted grades: AAA

Extracurricular: Research project into the transmission of TB among cattle through badgers with Southampton University, a ton of science based MOOC's, working with dietitians and mental health nurses (however on a personal level rather than a professional level), too much wider reading (i am such a nerd for biological and scientific literature), Volunteering for a charity that helps to find a cure and support suffers of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Bronze and Silver Arts Award (like the DofE in performing and creative arts), i've done dance since i was 2 and played the violin since i was 7, and been a waitress for the past 4 years.

Offers? Bristol (BBB) and Surrey (ABB) and still waiting on the other 3 to reply
Hello :smile:

Course: Chinese Studies
Where? Oxford (hehe), Durham, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester
I'm actually following the OIB (Option Internationale du Baccalaureat) course, so I study within the French curriculum and have English literature classes (A-level style) and my history/geography course is a bit more "international" than the normal French course.
GCSE grades: but A*A*AA
French GCSE equivalent grades: 36/40, 30/40, 38/40. 40/40, 20/20, 18/20
Grades already achieved for the bac: 16/20, 16/20, 19/20, 20/20
Predicted overall grade for the bac: 18/20
Extracurricular: Week's work experience at UNHCR headquarters, Geneva, translating articles about central African refugee crises. Participated in exchange programme with Beijing high school. Enjoy horse riding, running, playing the piano, reading, drawing, artsy stuff in general :smile:
Offers? None yet, only sent my application a 3 days ago so just acknowledgment emails, can't wait to get an answer :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Ellie419
I got an offer yesterday and I still can't quite believe it!!

Ahhh so excitinggg, you're lucky! Where from and for what course? :smile:
Original post by bluemoon_
Hello :smile:

Course: Chinese Studies
Where? Oxford (hehe), Durham, Leeds, Sheffield, Manchester
I'm actually following the OIB (Option Internationale du Baccalaureat) course, so I study within the French curriculum and have English literature classes (A-level style) and my history/geography course is a bit more "international" than the normal French course.
GCSE grades: but A*A*AA
French GCSE equivalent grades: 36/40, 30/40, 38/40. 40/40, 20/20, 18/20
Grades already achieved for the bac: 16/20, 16/20, 19/20, 20/20
Predicted overall grade for the bac: 18/20
Extracurricular: Week's work experience at UNHCR headquarters, Geneva, translating articles about central African refugee crises. Participated in exchange programme with Beijing high school. Enjoy horse riding, running, playing the piano, reading, drawing, artsy stuff in general :smile:
Offers? None yet, only sent my application a 3 days ago so just acknowledgment emails, can't wait to get an answer :biggrin:

Hey, I did Chinese studies at Sheffield, so if you have any questions about the course, please send me a message :smile:
Original post by dorababy1995
Single. :smile:

The English course looks so amazing at Exeter! Good luck with the application :smile:
Original post by ahmed369
When did you get the offer?

Friday the 7th of October. Universities only update track in the morning and in the evening at 4pm by the way
Original post by butterfly_belle
Course: Biology/ Biological Science

Which Universities: Exeter, Bristol, Surrey, Royal Holloway, and Gloucestershire (as a lower insurance choice just in case i got 4 rejections)

GCSE grades: A*A*A*A*AAAABB, and a C in the level 3 certificate in Further Mathematics

AS grades and subjects: Biology, Chemistry (Dropped), Psychology and History- their all linear so i didn't take any AS exams

A2 Predicted grades: AAA

Extracurricular: Research project into the transmission of TB among cattle through badgers with Southampton University, a ton of science based MOOC's, working with dietitians and mental health nurses (however on a personal level rather than a professional level), too much wider reading (i am such a nerd for biological and scientific literature), Volunteering for a charity that helps to find a cure and support suffers of Epidermolysis Bullosa, Bronze and Silver Arts Award (like the DofE in performing and creative arts), i've done dance since i was 2 and played the violin since i was 7, and been a waitress for the past 4 years.

Offers? Bristol (BBB) and Surrey (ABB) and still waiting on the other 3 to reply

Course: Sport and Exercise Science (4yr Sandwich)
Universities: Loughborough, Nottingham Trent, Kent, Southampton Solent, Surrey
GCSE Grades: AAAABBBBBC
A-Level Predicted Grades: Distinction* Distinction* A

Offers: Nottingham Trent (128 UCAS Points or Unconditional if I make it my firm choice)
Original post by bluemoon_
Ahhh so excitinggg, you're lucky! Where from and for what course? :smile:

Nottingham Trent University, Sport and Exercise Science with a work placement year. I got an offer of 128 UCAS Points or an unconditional if I make it my firm choice.

Just goes to show waiting longer pays off, I waited 3 weeks for that offer while all my friends were getting them. 1 Down 4 To Go!
Original post by eruditeprincess
Name: Isabelle
Course: Media, Communications and Culture (or its variants), with one with History
Where? Keele x2, Lancaster, Leicester and UEA
AS grades+Subjects: Drama, Sociology, Psychology and History, with D D E C overall
A2 Predicted/Achieved: Drama - not sure, Sociology - not sure, History - not sure
Offers? Not sent my application off yet

Woah, small world! Just looked on your profile and see you're from TDA, I went to Ken Stimpson haha!
Good luck with applying to university :biggrin:
Yay! My school finally sent my application off today (2 weeks after I paid though because I had a 'difference of opinion' with my head teacher about my uni choices :angry:)! Now we wait... :crossedf:
Original post by notonlyme
Yay! My school finally sent my application off today (2 weeks after I paid though because I had a 'difference of opinion' with my head teacher about my uni choices :angry:)! Now we wait... :crossedf:

Pob Lwc.. Good Luck. May I ask where and what you are applying for?:smile: My school is sending Non Oxbridge, Medicene &Vet sciences as of the start of next Week
Sent my UCAS application off to the head of sixth form today for final approval! Ahhh I'm so excited! :biggrin: Final choices were (all to do Law):
Newcastle
Manchester
Liverpool
Exeter
Manchester Met

:smile:
Original post by Josh99evs
Pob Lwc.. Good Luck. May I ask where and what you are applying for?:smile: My school is sending Non Oxbridge, Medicene &Vet sciences as of the start of next Week

Thanks :smile: I'm applying for geography and environment/international development at Sussex, York, UEA, Reading and Chester (although my headmaster wanted me to apply for Oxford). What about you?
Original post by notonlyme
Thanks :smile: I'm applying for geography and environment/international development at Sussex, York, UEA, Reading and Chester (although my headmaster wanted me to apply for Oxford). What about you?

I`m also applying for Geography With History at Chester, Worcester, Cardiff,Oxford Brookes and Bath Spa.
Original post by Josh99evs
I`m also applying for Geography With History at Chester, Worcester, Cardiff,Oxford Brookes and Bath Spa.

Good luck with your application!

Quick Reply

Latest