The Student Room Group

Tesco festive colleague job

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by charlottealevel
Thank you so much! Hope your first shift goes okay! :smile: My interview is at 8pm on Wednesday!

How was the availability sheet laid out? Just I'm at uni so my lecture times change everyday, so I just want to figure out the best way to work out my availability! :smile:

No problem! Had my first shift which was good and it's littrally a table with the top being the days (sun-sat) and the left side being the times from 1am to 12pm...if I can remember correctly. so you'll probably have to know exactly what times you can work. But the chances are they'll give you a job which is flexible but has specific times for you to work and they'll make sure and give you other options if you can make it. Good luck! :smile:
Reply 21
TO THOSE WHO WOULD LIKE HELP WITH THE QUESTIONS. I did actually put them up but they got taken down due to them breaking the rules of TSR which I understand, so I can't really specifically help you 😬. But I can give you advice: just remember the customer comes first in the questions. I hope this helps! Good luck guys and any questions I can attempt to help you. (I guess it'll be easier if you need to ask me questions, just put them on here so it can help others at the same time as helping yourselves)
Reply 22
Original post by AdamantPearce
I am interested in applying for this job at my local big Tesco, currently 16 and just started Sixth Form. What exactly do you do in this type of work since I am in need of a part time job and I feel like this would be my best option.

Hiya! I suppose you were in the same sort of situation as me. What do you do? Well it really depends on what yourve applied for but it's not too hard work at all! The pay is great for our age and they are flexible and understand the responsibilities of school or collage. If I were you, i would see what jobs they have there and apply for the ones you could work at. Try and get one around 7 hours as you'll work 2 days for around 4 hours each shift which isn't hard. You'll also earn a decent about £60 per week and you can concentrate on your A levels. If I were you and there's one go and apply for it! I wish you the best of luck :smile:
Original post by Monsterpal
Hiya! I suppose you were in the same sort of situation as me. What do you do? Well it really depends on what yourve applied for but it's not too hard work at all! The pay is great for our age and they are flexible and understand the responsibilities of school or collage. If I were you, i would see what jobs they have there and apply for the ones you could work at. Try and get one around 7 hours as you'll work 2 days for around 4 hours each shift which isn't hard. You'll also earn a decent about £60 per week and you can concentrate on your A levels. If I were you and there's one go and apply for it! I wish you the best of luck :smile:

Thanks! I am thinking about applying for the festive colleague job since that is the only one on the list right now. Could you give some information on this type of job please :smile: Many thanks.
This is my first time applying for a job and I have a question (job application for Tesco Festive Colleague) what do I put for "My Personal Reference"?
Hey there, By any chance would you be able to screenshot the Tesco online questionnaire for the festive colleague and send it o be by email?x
Reply 26
yeah why not I'll see if can screenshot the answers
Can I get a copy of the answers please
Reply 27
Can I borrow the answers please!! 🙂🙂
Could you help me out with the questionnaire please, for some reason, I keep failing.
Could you help me out with the questionnaire please, for some reason, I keep failing.
Reply 30
Can I have the answers please
Can you remember what you put for the questionnaire to pass it? Tried so many times!
Original post by 11lalexander
Can you remember what you put for the questionnaire to pass it? Tried so many times!

If you can't pass the questionnaire (which for festive workers is about 5 questions) then you obviously don't understand what Tesco's values are so I suggest you do some research. It's designed to weed out those not suitable for the job. It's not rocket science, the customer comes first, always.
can someone send me the interview questions to [email protected], NOT the interview questions. I have my interview tomorrow and I am really stuck. Please!
Hi, did you get a tesco uniform for your festive colleague job? I am due to start my induction om the 31st. How was the induction part and how much is the pay if you dont mind me asking? I did not get told and was afraid to ask lol
Original post by Moonshine95
Hi, did you get a tesco uniform for your festive colleague job? I am due to start my induction om the 31st. How was the induction part and how much is the pay if you dont mind me asking? I did not get told and was afraid to ask lol

You will order your own uniform and badge online once you get your employee number. My salary started at £7.24 an hour and time and a half on Sundays. Pay can vary per store depending on size and your role. I doubt you'll earn any less than £7.
The induction is boring, you have a store tour and watching videos, whilst answering a booklet. You also fill in a starter booklet adding in your personal details. Overall the day is long and drags, but it is worth it since most are paid!
Reply 36
What sort of answers did you give to the questions they asked you?
Reply 37
What does the job actually involve? I have interview today
guys if you had an interview but havent heard from them for months does it mean i haven't been accepted? can a manager take my application and process it on his store and take me
where are the screen shots? please can i see them!!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending