The Student Room Group

medicine entry 2017

So i have got an ABC in my AS Levels and have been predicted an A*AB for my a levels. My UKCAT score if VR-470 QR-720 AR-790 SJ- Band 2.

which unis would you suggest me to apply to ?
Original post by nimibal
So i have got an ABC in my AS Levels and have been predicted an A*AB for my a levels. My UKCAT score if VR-470 QR-720 AR-790 SJ- Band 2.

which unis would you suggest me to apply to ?

I don't think anyone will even consider you because of the B unless you apply to a foundation year or come from a disadvantaged background

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Failingstudent98
I don't think anyone will even consider you because of the B unless you apply to a foundation year or come from a disadvantaged background

Posted from TSR Mobile

what are the requirements for foundation year?
Original post by nimibal
what are the requirements for foundation year?

Depends on the uni, but generally you have to take non science subjects. You may also be eligible for lower offers (that might allow B's) if you go to a really *****y school

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Failingstudent98
Depends on the uni, but generally you have to take non science subjects. You may also be eligible for lower offers (that might allow B's) if you go to a really *****y school

Posted from TSR Mobile

so i had a chat with my biology teacher and now my predicted grades are A*AA. Any suggestions for uni now?
dude
the entry deadline is in 4 days and you still haven't chosen unis? DEAR GOD

have you even done research?
try this http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf it outlines weightings for different universities
Reply 6
How do you guys know your predictions? My teachers don't tell us at all...
Reply 7
Original post by alkaline.
dude
the entry deadline is in 4 days and you still haven't chosen unis? DEAR GOD

have you even done research?
try this http://www.medschools.ac.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/MSC-Entry-requirements-for-UK-medical-schools.pdf it outlines weightings for different universities

i have done all this research. i have a few unis in mind but my problem is that my GCSE are not from here. i have other equivalent qualifications. so dont know which unis will accept them
Original post by nimibal
i have done all this research. i have a few unis in mind but my problem is that my GCSE are not from here. i have other equivalent qualifications. so dont know which unis will accept them

Usually they say on the universities' actual website.

The best thing you can do right now is call up the universities individually and ask them, and do it ASAP.
I know when I was calling up for enquiries last month some admissions closed at around 4pm during the weekdays.
Reply 9
Original post by alkaline.
Usually they say on the universities' actual website.

The best thing you can do right now is call up the universities individually and ask them, and do it ASAP.
I know when I was calling up for enquiries last month some admissions closed at around 4pm during the weekdays.

thank you
Original post by vitae
How do you guys know your predictions? My teachers don't tell us at all...

The teacher has to tell you or you don't know where to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
We ask yet they still don't tell us, should I just pester them?
Reply 12
which uni has less competition ;
St Georges university or Sheffield university ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending