The Student Room Group

What graduate scheme did you get on to?

I know this particular section isn't as active as it once was but I think this sort of thread may be quite interesting for some people.

What did you study?

What Graduate Scheme did you achieve a place on (company, role or both)?

Has the experience been what you expected?

(and on a side note; what is your typical day to day?)
Reply 1
Studied: Computer Science

Grad Scheme: DevOps Engineer @ Sky

Experience: It's a lot more fun than I expected and I'm learning more than I did at university.

Typical day to day: Currently working on my first project, it's a very agile orientated environment so we have a meeting at 9:30am and discuss our progress with our manager. Then we just get on with our work, not much else to it really. However, whilst have work to do, it's very casual and there's a lot of banter going on in the office. It's definitely a relaxed environment and a nice place to work. Every day is different, some days can be quiet and others can be challenging, it just depends what I'm working on and how difficult/complex the task is.
Original post by UWS
Studied: Computer Science

Grad Scheme: DevOps Engineer @ Sky

Experience: It's a lot more fun than I expected and I'm learning more than I did at university.

Typical day to day: Currently working on my first project, it's a very agile orientated environment so we have a meeting at 9:30am and discuss our progress with our manager. Then we just get on with our work, not much else to it really. However, whilst have work to do, it's very casual and there's a lot of banter going on in the office. It's definitely a relaxed environment and a nice place to work. Every day is different, some days can be quiet and others can be challenging, it just depends what I'm working on and how difficult/complex the task is.

Interesting, I have a friend currently going through the process with Sky for Technology after an internship with them - he said much the same about the casual, fun working environment... Nice to see their 'meet the graduate' blog's aren't for show!

Was that your only offer, or did you choose them?
Reply 3
Original post by pmc:producer
Interesting, I have a friend currently going through the process with Sky for Technology after an internship with them - he said much the same about the casual, fun working environment... Nice to see their 'meet the graduate' blog's aren't for show!

Was that your only offer, or did you choose them?

Yep, it was my only offer :biggrin: it was the one I wanted the most as well!

Quick Reply

Latest