The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

College Comparison!

Hi Everyone, I need to make a quick choice on a Durham college, please could anyone be kind enough to recommend me one or even give a general overview of each college!
Thanks so much!
Reply 1
what course you applying/applied for?, I'm thinking of maths at university college
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by frankocean
Hi Everyone, I need to make a quick choice on a Durham college, please could anyone be kind enough to recommend me one or even give a general overview of each college!
Thanks so much!

Do you want catered/self catered? Would you want to share a room? Or a bathroom? How large do you want your college size to be? Are there any particular activities you want to engage in during your time at university? Do you have any other access requirements or things that are important to you? If you can answer those, then college choices can be narrowed down, but there are 15 you can otherwise apply to.
Reply 3
Original post by clonedmemories
Do you want catered/self catered? Would you want to share a room? Or a bathroom? How large do you want your college size to be? Are there any particular activities you want to engage in during your time at university? Do you have any other access requirements or things that are important to you? If you can answer those, then college choices can be narrowed down, but there are 15 you can otherwise apply to.

Ok thanks for the reply.
I'm looking at:
- Catered
- En-Suite Preferred(Prefer not to share)
- Looking for a smaller college over larger ones
- Preferably closer to city centre?
- Looking to do a fair bit of music making and performing there
- Looking to study Law

I think thats pretty much it!
Original post by frankocean
Ok thanks for the reply.
I'm looking at:
- Catered
- En-Suite Preferred(Prefer not to share)
- Looking for a smaller college over larger ones
- Preferably closer to city centre?
- Looking to do a fair bit of music making and performing there
- Looking to study Law

I think thats pretty much it!

Perhaps have a look at Chad's or John's? They're both small, catered Bailey colleges with plenty going on. The only thing you might struggle with there is there's a high chance of being placed in a shared room, but other than that they fit your requirements nicely.
Reply 5
Original post by clonedmemories
Perhaps have a look at Chad's or John's? They're both small, catered Bailey colleges with plenty going on. The only thing you might struggle with there is there's a high chance of being placed in a shared room, but other than that they fit your requirements nicely.

Thanks so much for your help! You've just sorted out my all-day dilemma! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest