The Student Room Group

Should I take AS Physics?

Hi,
Currently, I am a GCSE student however, I have been asked to choose four subjects that I will be taking in A-Level. I would like to pursue a career in Medicine in the future and therefore already have chosen Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I understand physics is not a vital subject for the medicine course although I don't really have another option. My doubts arose as I have been told Physics is the hardest AS science out there. Many Thanks,
What do you mean you don't have another option? Seeing as you have taken the compulsory subjects required for medicine you can essentially take any 4th subject you want - physics, economics, english, geography, etc.Just choose the one you enjoy the most.

As to physics being the hardest AS subject there is, from what I've heard it is a significant step-up from GCSE but, like any subject, if you put in the hard work you'll end up doing fine, so I wouldn't discount physics on that basis.
Reply 2
Don't do it child. (take something easier! -like sociology or a language)
Original post by A.Ibrahim01
Hi,
Currently, I am a GCSE student however, I have been asked to choose four subjects that I will be taking in A-Level. I would like to pursue a career in Medicine in the future and therefore already have chosen Biology, Chemistry and Maths. I understand physics is not a vital subject for the medicine course although I don't really have another option. My doubts arose as I have been told Physics is the hardest AS science out there. Many Thanks,

It really is up to you and you alone. If you enjoy physics the most, then study it at AS. Otherwise, choose a different subject that you're enjoying more. It's more likely you'll do better that way.
Reply 4
Thank you all for the helpful answers. I don't think I am going to rush in and choose a subject now as I still have 2-4 months before I have to apply. I shall see how I do in Physics and possibly a language.

Quick Reply

Latest