The Student Room Group

Can i play rugby at oxford????? URGENT

i want to apply to hertford college oxford, i also want to play rugby, but they're not renowned for being good at rugby...how big is college rugby and if it isn't good can i play uni level rugby instead??? this depends wich college i go to (this or teddys) help plsssssssssssssssss
All of this rather depends on how good you are at rugby!
Reply 2
Original post by Reality Check
All of this rather depends on how good you are at rugby!

so if i play for county and (used to play for) club
always a possibility, then!
Term's started, so why not contact the Hertford rugby people directly? The 2016 alternative prospectus has a bit on it here
Reply 5
Original post by ineedA
i want to apply to hertford college oxford, i also want to play rugby, but they're not renowned for being good at rugby...how big is college rugby and if it isn't good can i play uni level rugby instead??? this depends wich college i go to (this or teddys) help plsssssssssssssssss

Teddy Hall

http://www.sport.ox.ac.uk/sport/ourfc/
Reply 6
All of the college rugby teams are pretty casual, and I definitely would not make a choice based on just the quality of the college rugby team. The standard varies massively year to year since about a third of the team leaves every year. Give uni rugby a shot, or perhaps rugby league if you don't think your standard is quite high enough for union (not that league players are worse, but just that it's not nearly as popular).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending