The Student Room Group

Spanish speaking assessment help?

hi im taking my spanish speaking soon on the context of "work and education". this will be my first speaking assessment of any kind, any tips? and how to sound fluent and what to do if you cant remember what to say?
Original post by ra1500
hi im taking my spanish speaking soon on the context of "work and education". this will be my first speaking assessment of any kind, any tips? and how to sound fluent and what to do if you cant remember what to say?

If you do the same as my school, you'll talk about a picture and then answer questions from the teacher.

About the picture: Talk about what you see, say everythung that comes to mind as a starting point. From who is there to what they're wearing and if they look happy. Then try and relate this to what you do.

For any speaking, write and memorise a paragraph off by heart (beforr the test) that includes:

-Opinion (a lot of this is good)
-Comparing = mas/ menos que (more/less than)
-Other people (I go for brother and and me with friends so I use he/she and we endings if that makes sense)
-Have a past tense and future if you can.

Fluency is whatever, they don't expect you to talk super smoothly especially as this your first one. Just try and think before starting a sentence so you dont trail off and use connectives instead of lots of short sentences. Hope this helps x
Reply 2
Original post by ra1500

Hey. I had my Spanish speaking exam a few weeks ago so I might be of help to you. I was under the impression that every school did their speaking exam the same as mine. We had a set of question to answer in writing. Then we had to expand on them and add more questions between sentences to make it seem more like a conversation. Then after a few weeks of time to learn it we took the exam. Though from the post above, I'm not sure whether that is the case. Before I give you any further advice, do you have a script to learn or is it just going to be an unprepared conversation between you and the teacher?
Reply 3
Original post by The Byrd
Hey. I had my Spanish speaking exam a few weeks ago so I might be of help to you. I was under the impression that every school did their speaking exam the same as mine. We had a set of question to answer in writing. Then we had to expand on them and add more questions between sentences to make it seem more like a conversation. Then after a few weeks of time to learn it we took the exam. Though from the post above, I'm not sure whether that is the case. Before I give you any further advice, do you have a script to learn or is it just going to be an unprepared conversation between you and the teacher?

thanks so muchh for your help and time, yeah we will have around a month to prepare it for the given questions by the teacher. so we have the list of questions plus one unseen question at the end
Reply 4
Original post by StrawberryJan
If you do the same as my school, you'll talk about a picture and then answer questions from the teacher.

About the picture: Talk about what you see, say everythung that comes to mind as a starting point. From who is there to what they're wearing and if they look happy. Then try and relate this to what you do.

For any speaking, write and memorise a paragraph off by heart (beforr the test) that includes:

-Opinion (a lot of this is good)
-Comparing = mas/ menos que (more/less than)
-Other people (I go for brother and and me with friends so I use he/she and we endings if that makes sense)
-Have a past tense and future if you can.

Fluency is whatever, they don't expect you to talk super smoothly especially as this your first one. Just try and think before starting a sentence so you dont trail off and use connectives instead of lots of short sentences. Hope this helps x

im with aqa, so im not familiar with the picture concept, however the tips for speaking are really helpful thankyou
Reply 5
Original post by ra1500
thanks so muchh for your help and time, yeah we will have around a month to prepare it for the given questions by the teacher. so we have the list of questions plus one unseen question at the end

Bro, just keep reading over it. Once you can say it fluently looking at it, try without looking. If you can't, read over it again a few times and try again. Break each question down into smaller parts and learn them. Say it slowly. Do whatever you have to do get it to stick in your mind. Don't move onto another question until you've finished the one that you're on, and go through them in order. Once you've learned it, recite the whole thing. Then learn another one and recite it again so you don't just learn it and then forget it. I did all of this and I did excellently (if I do say so myself :biggrin:)

Quick Reply

Latest