Scroll to see replies

Original post by mamly042
Fellow southampton applicant here :colondollar:

Good luck!! ^_^
Reply 21
Original post by Neostigmine
Good luck!! ^_^

Thank you.

Dreading the long wait from now until we get invitations/rejections/anything. :woo:
Original post by mamly042
Thank you.

Dreading the long wait from now until we get invitations/rejections/anything. :woo:

Yeah, it takes a while. Christmas at the earliest if I recall. But it's worth it promise :h:
hey current bm4 student here - shoot up any questions if you want! :smile:
Original post by wciselko
hey current bm4 student here - shoot up any questions if you want! :smile:

Hey what was your UKCAT score? I'm really debating applying for BM4 here (I am BM5). I'm scared my UKCAT is too low :frown: I would love to study there!
Original post by Member1995
Hey what was your UKCAT score? I'm really debating applying for BM4 here (I am BM5). I'm scared my UKCAT is too low :frown: I would love to study there!

2016 application stats:

No. of places: 40
No. of applicants: 1226
Lowest UKCAT interviewed: 2900 (total)
No. of interviews: 140
No. of offers: 60
Applicants per offer: 20

The UKCAT was out of 4 sections though so divide it by 4 to get an average to compare your score.
2016 application stats:

No. of places: 40
No. of applicants: 1226
Lowest UKCAT interviewed: 2900 (total)
No. of interviews: 140
No. of offers: 60
Applicants per offer: 20

The UKCAT was out of 4 sections though so divide it by 4 to get an average to compare your score.

Ah yes, thanks. I'm on 723 avg. Was there any year that all that I would have received an interview?
Ah yes, thanks. I'm on 723 avg. Was there any year that all that I would have received an interview?

I don't have old stats to hand but I will try to dig them up for you.
I don't have old stats to hand but I will try to dig them up for you.

Thank you!
Thank you!

2014 - Lowest interviewed UKCAT score was a total of 3000 (average of 750). There were over 1800 applications to BM4, 142 interviews and 57 offers made in total.

2015 cycle I was doing my intermediate exams and didn't do the open day so I wasn't able to steal the stats from admissions.

2016 lowest of 2900 so ave 725.

They are giving 2200 as a combined score as a estimate for BM4s this year (email anything to [email protected] and you get an automated reply with the data).

Hope that helps. 2014 was the first year they started this type of admission process so that is all the data there is.
(edited 7 years ago)
2014 - Lowest interviewed UKCAT score was a total of 3000 (average of 750). There were over 1800 applications to BM4, 142 interviews and 57 offers made in total.

2015 cycle I was doing my intermediate exams and didn't do the open day so I wasn't able to steal the stats from admissions.

They are giving 2200 as a combined score as a estimate for BM4s this year (email anything to [email protected] and you get an automated reply with the data).

Hope that helps. 2014 was the first year they started this type of admission process so that is all the data there is.

Right okay, thank you very much :smile:

But the combined score estimate this year is higher than last year despite the average going down. How does that work?
Original post by Medici103
But the combined score estimate this year is higher than last year despite the average going down. How does that work?

I haven't a clue how they've worked out the predicted value. It's just what they're giving out on the email. The stats for last year were given out at the open day so I am pretty certain they're correct too.
Reply 33
Aaaand now the painful waiting game begins. :P
Reply 34
Interview dates:
http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/undergraduate/selection_day_dates.page?

I'm supposed to be going abroad for a wedding during the proposed BM4 interview dates...*:erm:
I guess I'll only find out whether I can go or not depending on when we start finding out about interviews/rejections xD
I haven't a clue how they've worked out the predicted value. It's just what they're giving out on the email. The stats for last year were given out at the open day so I am pretty certain they're correct too.

Do you have any advice for the BM4 interview process? Also, I'm confused about the interview - is it MMI or just normal interviews? Do you have any tips for standing out amongst graduates (my biggest fear!!)? Thanks for everything by the way, you're super helpful!
Original post by Hormonal
Do you have any advice for the BM4 interview process? Also, I'm confused about the interview - is it MMI or just normal interviews? Do you have any tips for standing out amongst graduates (my biggest fear!!)? Thanks for everything by the way, you're super helpful!

Hey!
My experience last year was great - everyone was really friendly and you get to chat to current students before the interview process!
You have two parts:
1. interview panel (two people)
2. group discussion

And that's it. Make sure that you are ready to be questioned on your personal statement and just try to demonstrate your best! Make sure you are ready for possible questions, do lots of research :smile: and you will be fine. also, if you want more info just message me :smile:
Original post by Hormonal

The advice above is pretty stellar. It is a very relaxed process. There is a standard medicine panel interview based on your ps. Then a group interview which is a discussion. Read your PS and practice a bit. In my signature is a link to my blog and it has a post on how to prepare for interviews.

Standing out comes down to you. Think about what you want them to know about you before you leave and go from there.

Happy to help with practice or answer questions! Good luck!
Hey guys, applied too but not very confident looking at these numbers :P
Original post by darioholic
Hey guys, applied too but not very confident looking at these numbers :P

The offers have to go to someone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending