The Student Room Group

Need advice...

So I have a big drug problem...For the last year I've been on powders like every other day. Iv lost a lot of friends and feel hopeless. Unlike a lot of the advice I've been given I feel that moving out of my parents place and finding a good group of friends could save me. My parents care but when I do something the situation calls for they punish me. I don't know what to do...ask more questions if you need to...just need some advice to sort my life out...if t isn't too late...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Bongo Bongo
So I have a big drug problem...For the last year I've been on powders like every other day. Iv lost a lot of friends and feel hopeless. Unlike a lot of the advice I've been given I feel that moving out of my parents place and finding a good group of friends could save me. My parents care but when I do something the situation calls for they punish me. I don't know what to do...ask more questions if you need to...just need some advice to sort my life out...if t isn't too late...

well first you need to sort out the reason for your drug problem. anxiety? boredom? why are you even doing drugs?

I'm not really sure of what to advise to be honest, why did you start doing drugs and why are you still on them?
I started doing drugs because it made everything more fun and was a form of escapism. I know it's because I can't face my problems...tbh what it is, is that it makes me sociable. But the problems I have are mainly to do with whether I'm gay or not. Iv had crushes on girls and guys in the past...especially if I'm living with them. I feel I need to move out of my family home. The guys I have liked always tend to be straight but I like guys and girls with big hearts. I don't know what to do...l

Thanks*
I started doing drugs because it made everything more fun and was a form of escapism. I know it's because I can't face my problems...tbh what it is, is that it makes me sociable. But the problems I have are mainly to do with whether I'm gay or not. Iv had crushes on girls and guys in the past...especially if I'm living with them. I feel I need to move out of my family home. The guys I have liked always tend to be straight but I like guys and girls with big hearts. I don't know what to do...l

Thanks*

What is it about the fact that you might or might not be gay is bothering you? What are these problems that you think you can't face? Can I just say that it doesn't matter whether you're gay or not, it doesn't make you any less of a person if you aren't straight or even if you're bisexual
Yeah I know but I the thing is I want to be close to someone and it's like I don't fit in in this world. I think guys are usually not nice but girls are nice. But the thing is I'm just so gay...not joking...guys on the gay scene are all damaged and generally not genuine. I'm 25 btw so not that young...thanks.
Reply 6

Thanks*

sounds like you are bi. anyway, why worry about it?
' Iv had crushes on girls and guys in the past...especially if I'm living with them.' what is that supposed to mean? your family members?
Yeah I know but I the thing is I want to be close to someone and it's like I don't fit in in this world. I think guys are usually not nice but girls are nice. But the thing is I'm just so gay...not joking...guys on the gay scene are all damaged and generally not genuine. I'm 25 btw so not that young...thanks.

It sounds like you've been meeting with the wrong sort of gay guys tbh, there are nice ones out there. I'm sure they won't all be mean, but what do you mean by damaged and not genuine? Your age is irrelevant but escaping by using drugs isn't going to solve your problems, you need to confront them head on
No not my family lol, I mean like living in halls or a shared flat. I've never had a relationship. I feel like an ******* all the time. I don't think I'm coping well living with my family. I do stupid things to hide the pain. Like I robbed a bottle of whiskey today. I don't see a way out...
Reply 9
No not my family lol, I mean like living in halls or a shared flat. I've never had a relationship. I feel like an ******* all the time. I don't think I'm coping well living with my family. I do stupid things to hide the pain. Like I robbed a bottle of whiskey today. I don't see a way out...

If you have a job and you can afford to move out, then just do it. Still, are you sure it won't make things worse, your drug problems can get out of control if there's no one to supervise you?
I feel that because I'm ****ed as it *would help me find my feet in the real world and also not worry my family with my stupidness. I feel like I'm being corrupted and that the only way out is to meet some like minded people. I'm paro all the time and people talk about me everywhere I go. I feel like I'm a sacrifice.

Sorry if I'm not sounding good but this is how I feel. I'm going to an lgbt event at uni tomorrow and am hoping I'll meet nice people. I'm still finding out what I like in bed and stuff so hopefully I can just let go...
Reply 11
I feel that because I'm ****ed as it *would help me find my feet in the real world and also not worry my family with my stupidness. I feel like I'm being corrupted and that the only way out is to meet some like minded people. I'm paro all the time and people talk about me everywhere I go. I feel like I'm a sacrifice.

Sorry if I'm not sounding good but this is how I feel. I'm going to an lgbt event at uni tomorrow and am hoping I'll meet nice people. I'm still finding out what I like in bed and stuff so hopefully I can just let go...

surely that's not the case. you are paranoid. but that's not the end of the world. just take your time and experiment with both guys and girls
I don't have time. You don't understand how ****ed the situation is...it's actually unbelievable...iv always been a tense person and find it hard to relax. In fact I think it's made me like terror...I'm messed up...people comment on me when I walk past them...people judge...
Reply 13
I don't have time. You don't understand how ****ed the situation is...it's actually unbelievable...iv always been a tense person and find it hard to relax. In fact I think it's made me like terror...I'm messed up...people comment on me when I walk past them...people judge...

why would they? if you dont have some kind of genetically disorder that messed up your appearance, i dont see how thats possible. if you dont, you should really do something about this, it will only get worse. I find it hard to relax without sedatives too. Just see a shrink and get legal stuff at least,
yeah I know, what I mean is, is that there all either really queeny or just want sex...I want to be with someone who when I look into there eyes I feel their pain. I don't mean to be melodramatic. I feel like a monster tbh but I'm not. I don't know where to turn. I'm really sweet and cute in person but everything is ****ed...
Original post by Ciel.
why would they? if you dont have some kind of genetically disorder that messed up your appearance, i dont see how thats possible. if you dont, you should really do something about this, it will only get worse. I find it hard to relax without sedatives too. Just see a shrink and get legal stuff at least,

Yeah I think it's because I'm scared of rejection and get scared all the time...people don't understand me. There are so many *******s in this world...no one feels for me, literally they just look at me and say a horrible comment...I think it's because I'm white...also just wanted to say most feminists are hypocritical...
yeah I know, what I mean is, is that there all either really queeny or just want sex...I want to be with someone who when I look into there eyes I feel their pain. I don't mean to be melodramatic. I feel like a monster tbh but I'm not. I don't know where to turn. I'm really sweet and cute in person but everything is ****ed...

I'm sure you're not a monster and I don't know where this is coming from because nobody has called you a monster on this thread but I'm sure there will be gay guys out there who are like you; it's just a case of finding them
Reply 17
Yeah I think it's because I'm scared of rejection and get scared all the time...people don't understand me. There are so many *******s in this world...no one feels for me, literally they just look at me and say a horrible comment...I think it's because I'm white...also just wanted to say most feminists are hypocritical...

what, are white people a minority in your country or something?

*I don't want to put my family through this any more. I know that I'm bi and I feel like one of these people that needs people around me all the times. I feel like iv been made a sacrifice...it's ****ed...I bet in the Middle Ages you got people thinking they were witches...
(edited 7 years ago)
I'll tell you. I've been labelled a nonce and I don't know how to get out of it. I'm not a nonce but feel I need support in getting through this part of my life. I don't want to put my family through this any more. I know that I'm bi and I feel like one of these people that needs people around me all the times. I feel like iv been made a sacrifice...it's ****ed...I bet in the Middle Ages you got people thinking they were witches...

That's horrible and I'm really sorry to hear that :console: Have you considered counselling/ drug rehabilitation programs? The first step to recovery is admitting that you actually have a problem and need help with it. There's no shame in admitting you can't do it by yourself because if you carry on drugs will make your life worse.

Quick Reply

Latest