The Student Room Group

Should there be more politics introduced into schools from an earlier age?

There is a good chance that school children can be encouraged into politics from an early age. Kids are very enthusiastic when introduced to new ideas that can better their lives. Political youth groups can be like football teams attracting massive support and discouraging rightist thoughts.

It can help them understand how their country is run and how society works even how schools are run and how they can better influence the destiny of their school and its leadership.

Kids can adopt new ideas and be politically motivated and ideological. They can shape their collective destiny within a framework. Political organisations like Labour Momentum can bring these ideas to youth groups which can enjoy massive support all over the country even in the most Tory areas.

Perhaps even a political bible that kids can refer to to better help them understand what society is wanting and needing to achieve.
Historically children were very active in politics in China in the 1960s and its thanks to them how they shaped modern China by thought control.

Children can advise adults on political responsibility and on the ideas of the day.

What are your opinions?
(edited 7 years ago)
'Perhaps even a political bible that kids can refer to to better help them understand what society is wanting and needing to achieve.'

'Historically children were very active in politics in China in the 1960s and its thanks to them how they shaped modern China by thought control.'

'Children can advise adults on political responsibility and on the ideas of the day.'

You know, as a Chinese immigrant my ancestors ran away from the very regime you are trying to propose. I don't think you realise how terrible the things you are proposing are.

Have you heard of the cultural revolution and do you know how many people were killed? It wiped out hundreds of years of Chinese culture in a decade. Academics were killed, people starved to death.

I hope you are joking.
90% certain you are just a troll account now
das it mane

Original post by CherishFreedom
'Perhaps even a political bible that kids can refer to to better help them understand what society is wanting and needing to achieve.'

'Historically children were very active in politics in China in the 1960s and its thanks to them how they shaped modern China by thought control.'

'Children can advise adults on political responsibility and on the ideas of the day.'

You know, as a Chinese immigrant my ancestors ran away from the very regime you are trying to propose. I don't think you realise how terrible the things you are proposing are.

Have you heard of the cultural revolution and do you know how many people were killed? It wiped out hundreds of years of Chinese culture in a decade. Academics were killed, people starved to death.

I hope you are joking.

No I'm certainly not suggesting a Stalinist Maoist youth movement. But rather a leaderless movement shaped by the youths themselves within a frame work using direct democracy. Individual groups can compete for the loyalty of the greater good. Labour and momentum will simply be a Guide to our future.
God no, the last thing we need is more kids thinking they know how the world works because they read a book.
I think every school day should start with the children singing the national anthem while facing a portrait of Margaret Thatcher.
Original post by Ambitious1999
No I'm certainly not suggesting a Stalinist Maoist youth movement. But rather a leaderless movement shaped by the youths themselves within a frame work using direct democracy. Individual groups can compete for the loyalty of the greater good. Labour and momentum will simply be a Guide to our future.

What you are suggesting are actually 100% Maoist ideologies. I suggest you read up on the Great Leap Forward and Cultural Revolution.

And please don't think we are being cynical by telling you how wrong you are. That's because you really are wrong.
Original post by Ambitious1999

I've got a great idea for your political bible! "The Road to Serfdom" by Hayek, really great book and will definitely encourage the society you want!
Original post by Willy Pete
kids thinking they know how the world works because they read a book.

So basically TSR?
Original post by HannaMarin
So basically TSR?

Exactly, I don't want a real world TSR situation. I'm glad most of them can't vote.
Kids should not be taught what to think but how to think. Politics is a subject, which cannot be taught and instead needs to be discovered through reading and experience. Schools are by no means an effective platform for such exposure. Instead, we should make the political process more transparent and less elitist and where the youth feel they can eventually go should they wish to (and where background is irrelevant).
Original post by Quantex
I think every school day should start with the children singing the national anthem while facing a portrait of Margaret Thatcher.

(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending