The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Princepieman
Oh damn, haven't kept up since that post. Cheers for the insight Green!

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries! I haven't heard too many people talk about BNP Paribas on this thread, but their Global Markets Spring Insight Week is open too if anyone is looking to apply for it
Within what time period do we usually have to complete the tests once we've submitted an application? Many thanks :smile:
Has anyone applied to Barclays yet?
Reply 1163
Original post by Trapz99

still trying to figure this out too
Original post by Trapz99

Applications will open November. Get your cover letters ready guys!
Reply 1165
Anyone heard anything about Barclays yet?

DANK MEMES
Hi everybody. Are you guys able to find the link for Citi's spring insight programme? I am unable to find/get any information about it. Is it open ?
Original post by Saikrishna
Hi everybody. Are you guys able to find the link for Citi's spring insight programme? I am unable to find/get any information about it. Is it open ?

Yes.

Main Careers page > University Programmes "learn more" > Programme Finder "learn more" > EMEA > London > Insight Programme

Posted from TSR Mobile
This post may have come a little late but i need a bit of advice. So I want to apply for SWs but I feel i'm unprepared for the numerical tests and also interviews. I have tried a few numericals and THOUGHT about competency questions but i've found it difficult to actually sit down and commit 2 hrs of preparation. I study in Trinity College Dublin doing a 4 year degree in Nanoscience and i'm also a SEO candidate. Most banks say that if you're doing a 4 year degree apply in your second year. Should I follow? Also if I don't get accepted this year and apply next year will it be in their system that i have been declined last year?

Thanks!
Does anyone know please whether we have to write our GCSE grades on the DB university entrance page? Thanks :smile:
Original post by Gozzy98
This post may have come a little late but i need a bit of advice. So I want to apply for SWs but I feel i'm unprepared for the numerical tests and also interviews. I have tried a few numericals and THOUGHT about competency questions but i've found it difficult to actually sit down and commit 2 hrs of preparation. I study in Trinity College Dublin doing a 4 year degree in Nanoscience and i'm also a SEO candidate. Most banks say that if you're doing a 4 year degree apply in your second year. Should I follow? Also if I don't get accepted this year and apply next year will it be in their system that i have been declined last year?

Thanks!

If you're really that concerned about how confident you are, then the extra year of prep definitely would be beneficial to you. So, chill for now. Get stuck in at TCD, brush up on your numerical/logical/verbal test skills, get some positions of responsibility down etc etc. Then stick in a stronger application this time next year.

All the best.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Oh damn, haven't kept up since that post. Cheers for the insight Green!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agreed
Who has done Rothschild and what score do you think you will need /18?
Original post by bobb99998
Who has done Rothschild and what score do you think you will need /18?

I scored illuminarty/18
for work experience would you guys count 'trading your own money', 'insight days' or 'selling things at school'?
Original post by bobb99998
for work experience would you guys count 'trading your own money', 'insight days' or 'selling things at school'?

First one would be under activities, second one yeah, third no.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ilikecats12
Applications will open November. Get your cover letters ready guys!

No CL needed for Barc.
Does anyone know please whether the Nomura tests are a numerical and verbal or a numerical and logical test please? Thanks :smile:
Original post by economicss
Does anyone know please whether the Nomura tests are a numerical and verbal or a numerical and logical test please? Thanks :smile:

Latter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know please what test provider UBS uses for its numerical? Thanks :smile:

Latest