The Student Room Group

Someone has changed my router password

Someone hijacked my network last night and my password is the same strangely. I need to be able to sign into my TalkTalk router portal at 192.168 and change it. I don't understand though...my talktalk manual says that upon resetting the router at the back you can use the original password - but it's not working.

The router is in a control room the other side of a shared building btw

Any help from tech wizards, I'd be most grateful / owe you one. I need my internet for my studies / everything
Original post by Day3091
Someone hijacked my network last night and my password is the same strangely. I need to be able to sign into my TalkTalk router portal at 192.168 and change it. I don't understand though...my talktalk manual says that upon resetting the router at the back you can use the original password - but it's not working.

The router is in a control room the other side of a shared building btw

Any help from tech wizards, I'd be most grateful / owe you one. I need my internet for my studies / everything

The admin password on talk talk routers is separate from the wifi password
Reply 2
Original post by Xenon17
The admin password on talk talk routers is separate from the wifi password

The default is said to be on the back of the router in the manual...I've tried "admin" aswell...no idea what else it could be
Reply 3
Google the router model online. There are groups that collate default passwords for these things. If it doesn't work, you probably either didn't reset the router properly or have caps lock on.

Latest

Trending

Trending