The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Was just looking on Civil Service fast stream Facebook page and people are asking when to expect the test results. CS are replying saying upto two weeks...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 221
Do you do the e-tray test 7 days after you find out your results for situational judgements? Or 7 days after you do the test?
Reply 222
Original post by ss1810
Do you do the e-tray test 7 days after you find out your results for situational judgements? Or 7 days after you do the test?

7 days after you find out result. If you don't pass situation judgement etc then they won't unlock the stray for you to complete
Original post by Kirssst
Was just looking on Civil Service fast stream Facebook page and people are asking when to expect the test results. CS are replying saying upto two weeks...

Is that two weeks from now or two weeks from date of submission do you know?
Hello I was wondering what competencies did they askk you at interview. I don't know id it is every competence you have to prepare for or some.
Reply 225
Original post by KJSwale
Is that two weeks from now or two weeks from date of submission do you know?

They didn't say but I would imagine from date of submission.
Anyone else just have a heart attack when they received an email from the Civil Service, but it was just a recruitment email?
Original post by whyamianadult
Anyone else just have a heart attack when they received an email from the Civil Service, but it was just a recruitment email?

Haha yes! How cruel and teasing of them. 😂
Original post by whyamianadult

Glad it wasn't just me! I was triple reading it to make sure there wasn't a hidden message
I have also applied! Did the online assessments last night. Good luck to everyone!
Their site is giving a 500 error - Service unavailable. I guess I spammed the page too much to see if they updated my status, sorry guys.
Anyone else still waiting on the results for their online exercises? Think it's been about a week for me...
Original post by ScotGal95
Anyone else still waiting on the results for their online exercises? Think it's been about a week for me...

Same. I did my tests on 29th September so it's been nearly 2 weeks for me!
Heya, have just applied but am trying to practice my situational judgement before I take the tests - I really struggled with them in the practice Qs!*

Out of interest, what degrees did you guys all do? I graduated from Anthropology and am now doing an MSc in International Development :smile: *
Original post by linney
Heya, have just applied but am trying to practice my situational judgement before I take the tests - I really struggled with them in the practice Qs!*

Out of interest, what degrees did you guys all do? I graduated from Anthropology and am now doing an MSc in International Development :smile: *

I'm doing a degree in Law with International Relations. The SJT's can be tricky, but honestly what worked for me is to imagine in my mind the situation then think what I would do firs before going ahead to answer the question and seeing which one is closer to the options given. Always put your workmates first, think about what priorities you have been given, if you've been asked to give advice, don't pick the option of asking your manager since you were asked for a reason (unless it's something which is way out of your remit, in which case go for it).
Anyone heard any news yet from online tests ???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Existing civil servant here (just started at DFID) and applying for the second time round - last year the e-tray got the better of me unfortunately.

*Like everyone, still waiting to hear back following the SJT and Behavioural tests. I sat them on 30 September.

Looks like it will be another 1-2 weeks before we start to hear back.

Good luck all!*
(edited 7 years ago)
FYI all, I have messaged them as I did then 29th sept so already two weeks for me to see if it's two weeks from now or two weeks from submission. I'll let you know what they say, it may provide some clarity
Original post by Diffusion
Existing civil servant here (just started at DFID) and applying for the second time round - last year the e-tray got the better of me unfortunately.

*Like everyone, still waiting to hear back following the SJT and Behavioural tests. I sat them on 30 September.

Looks like it will be another 1-2 weeks before we start to hear back.

Good luck all!*

Wow dfid looks amazing was that an entry level role or dfid graduate programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by l.donaldson
Wow dfid looks amazing was that an entry level role or dfid graduate programme?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've only been here two weeks but so far it's been brilliant. I'm actually working alongside a lovely Fast Streamer.*

*I transferred from another government department, through the internal civil service recruitment process (or 'stage 3 vacancies' if you like).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending