The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know at what time they interview people, or can interview people? I work for a company who I can bet my life on wont give me a few hours or a whole day off for the interview. I could say it was for a medical and I still wouldn't get it. It will literally be a case of me ringing in sick or asking HMRC to interview me after work or on the weekend.
Original post by webster89
Does anyone know at what time they interview people, or can interview people? I work for a company who I can bet my life on wont give me a few hours or a whole day off for the interview. I could say it was for a medical and I still wouldn't get it. It will literally be a case of me ringing in sick or asking HMRC to interview me after work or on the weekend.

I have seen Saturday interviews for the some recruitments... But I think that will depend on the scale and speed of the recruitment.
Hi Has anyone had a response to say the were in top scorer applications for the online test part? I recieved the response last week, they said they will get back to me in 2 weeks from then , maybe sooner.

Looks as though the competency stage is harder judged from comments on this thread!

Good luck to everyone and guys dont stress too much about the tests if you haven't done them. I was delaying it and then one late evening , was very tired said to myself cmon lets get this done!

Just crack on with it, makesure you have no distractions, i ran out of time for the last few questions on numeric test and just guessed. Either i got lucky or got all the ones i did in time, right. Hope this instills some confidence if you dont manage to complete last couple qs. dont panic
Im waiting to hear back about my competencies now too.

A couple of people I work with have already had a rejection email saying they didnt pass the sift - but coincidently both these people didnt have to do the test due to having previously done it in the last 6 months.

Hard to make any sense of how these things are done, and in what order....if any.
Reply 184
Original post by Jippy301
Im waiting to hear back about my competencies now too.

A couple of people I work with have already had a rejection email saying they didnt pass the sift - but coincidently both these people didnt have to do the test due to having previously done it in the last 6 months.

Hard to make any sense of how these things are done, and in what order....if any.

Have they applied externally?
I have just received an update email, in that email they advised that they have received exceptional volume of applications in my preferred location. Hence, it will now take longer than they had expected to get back. They said they will advise me of the outcome by the 17thof this month. I was hell scared to open the email as it didn’t start with the usual motivating words (We are delighted, we are happy …..).
(edited 7 years ago)
Yeah - i initially assumed they were referring to 042R internal campaign but apparently not. They previously did the test and it stays on file for 6 months.
Reply 187
Original post by Priscal
I have just received an update email, in that email they advised that they have received exceptional volume of applications in my preferred location. Hence, it will now take longer than they had expected to get back. They said they will advise me of the outcome by the 17thof this month. I was hell scared to open the email as it didn’t start with the usual motivating words (We are delighted, we are happy …..).

Which location did u apply to? I haven't heard anything back as of yet.
Original post by Vitell
Which location did u apply to? I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

Edinburgh
Original post by Priscal

It's good that they're communicating throughout the process and keeping people up to date. Looking at the timeline too it seems like they're trying to get things done quickly.

Though I have been shafted before with those emails that start off with "We are delighted", as the rest of the sentence read "that you've applied for a role with us, however this time we must reject your application bla bla"
Original post by itsmyname
It's good that they're communicating throughout the process and keeping people up to date. Looking at the timeline too it seems like they're trying to get things done quickly.

Though I have been shafted before with those emails that start off with "We are delighted", as the rest of the sentence read "that you've applied for a role with us, however this time we must reject your application bla bla"

Haha! what a ridiculous way to start a feedback for an unsuccessful application. Yes, I like that they're communicating with update. I wasn't sure how they were going to keep with their initial timeline. Given the volume of vacancies they had advertised for and the huge volume of applications I had anticipated they'd receive. I am keeping my fingers crossed and counting down to the 17th.
(edited 7 years ago)
Update: Just received the same email as Priscal (chose London as my location) and the email says I should hear back from them on the 21st of October. Email also states that interview dates will be a bit later
I got the same email with a date of the 21st October! (For Liverpool)
Reply 193
Original post by rebecca_:)
I got the same email with a date of the 21st October! (For Liverpool)

I received the same and I have also applied for Liverpool. Based on old threads for this role I'd expect another delay further down the line..
Reply 194
[QUOTE="LiamF95;67987918"]I received the same and I have also applied for Liverpool. Based on old threads for this role I'd expect another delay further down the line..[/QUOTE

Same here - for Liverpool too
I haven't received anything since last Weds and I applied for Newcastle
I got the same for Bristol, saying we should know by the 17th!
Original post by webster89
I haven't received anything since last Weds and I applied for Newcastle

I applied for Newcastle too. I've had an e-mail saying they expect results by 21st and interviews in early November.
Reply 198
Original post by hapeaman
I got the same for Bristol, saying we should know by the 17th!

Same here, best of luck!

Interviews are scheduled to start October 24th according to the email
Same for me. I applied for Manchester as my first choice. They must of received a large number of applications across the board.

Latest

Trending

Trending