The Student Room Group

Would a girl go out with a guy alone if she didn't like him?

Basically I met this girl at uni and after about a week+ of texting I asked this girl if she wanted to go somewhere together and she said yes. We spent 4 hours walking around together and I'd say we had fun together overall.

My question is that will girls go out alone with a guy that they've just met once and texted a while if they didn't like them.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Basically I met this girl at uni and after about a week+ of texting I asked this girl if she wanted to go somewhere together and she said yes. We spent 4 hours walking around together and I'd say we had fun together overall.

My question is that will girls go out alone with a guy that they've just met once and texted a while if they didn't like them.

I think its more a safety and trust issue. She may be undecided about you and thats the reason for going out. It can take someone several dates before they decide whether they really like someone. All you can say is its mildly positive she went ut with you, but I wouldnt go overboard as to what she really thinks. Too early unless she said soemthing to the contrary. have you asked her a second time?

For some reason I got the impression it was kind of an ask for a date situation and not just a normal fancy going out to do XYZ social. Ofcc if it was that, then I wouldnt be reading anything into it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just because she hangs out with you alone doesn't mean she fancies you, she might just like you as a friend.
Reply 3
Sorry it's not gonna be the answer you want to hear but yeah.

I invited a girl out someday, we went to a restaurant, to a bar, then I went to her place (we didn't do anything), we texted a lot and a few weeks later she rejected me lol. She liked me... as a friend.
Yes.
Reply 5
I doubt it :nope:
Reply 6

Some girls do, others don't. It is not the best indicator of interest. She could see you as a friend...
Reply 7
I do. I have male friends who I will go out with frequently
Reply 8

I'll be frank with you. You met a random girl, you got her to meet you alone.. and by the sounds of it you did absolutely nothing to make her interest in you sexual.

When you meet a girl you only have a short time in which to make her put you in her sexual mental box before she'll friendzone you.

Original post by Goaded
I do. I have male friends who I will go out with frequently

Random men you've never met before?

how rich are you
if you are on say £50k or more a year then yes
otherwise no unless you're an undiscovered model
Original post by Rakas21

When you meet a girl you only have a short time in which to make her put you in her sexual mental box before she'll friendzone you.

LOL
they'd go out alone with you even if they didn't like you - well some girls would but the difference is if they don't trust you or have weird feelings about you then they deffo wouldn't go alone or go at all
Original post by AlexFam
LOL

I've been the guy that never made a move and i've been the guy that has gone for it. When i never used to make the move early and left it a few dates i'd find that too often it was the 'your a great guy but i don't want to/think of you as a friend'. Once i started taking the aggressive approach i'd be having sex on the first date and had a few discuss a potential relationship (back then i had no desire to).

Perhaps i've just never found a way to transition from friend to sex or a relationship but my experience was that you should go for the girl you desire without hesitation and in a rather forward fashion.
Yeah sometimes we pity guys and go out with them
Original post by Rakas21
I've been the guy that never made a move and i've been the guy that has gone for it. When i never used to make the move early and left it a few dates i'd find that too often it was the 'your a great guy but i don't want to/think of you as a friend'. Once i started taking the aggressive approach i'd be having sex on the first date and had a few discuss a potential relationship (back then i had no desire to).

Perhaps i've just never found a way to transition from friend to sex or a relationship but my experience was that you should go for the girl you desire without hesitation and in a rather forward fashion.

If you remain friends, you can still show you're not just friend material. The friendzone doesn't exist, you just need to learn to show yourself as better than a friend. You can go on multiple dates and make friends, but you can fairly easily turn that around if there's even a little bit of attraction.
Original post by AlexFam
If you remain friends, you can still show you're not just friend material. The friendzone doesn't exist, you just need to learn to show yourself as better than a friend. You can go on multiple dates and make friends, but you can fairly easily turn that around if there's even a little bit of attraction.

Fair point. I guess i don't like waiting for things to happen.
Original post by Rakas21
Fair point. I guess i don't like waiting for things to happen.

I mean, ideally you'd be aggressive first time, but if you want something a bit deeper, waiting can be a good idea. Building sexual tension without being explicit makes it a lot better when it's finally released imo. I agreed with your tactics, just not the friendzone.
Hmm difficult one... My immediate reaction is she seems to have some level of interest unless she's just lonely and doesn't have anyone else to do stuff with
Original post by Pinkberry_y
Yeah sometimes we pity guys and go out with them

I haven't seen you in forever
Reply 19
Just because she hangs out with you alone doesn't mean she fancies you, she might just like you as a friend.

False

Quick Reply

Latest