The Student Room Group

Uni asking for UMS scores

And how important actually are module grades for Law
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by JP0458B
What happens if you leave out a module when the university asks for your module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll just go out of their way to personally ask you for it at a later date; there's nothing to worry about.
Reply 2
Original post by JP0458B
What happens if you leave out a module when the university asks for your module scores?

Posted from TSR Mobile

They'll say to each other "this fella's hiding something" but probably nothing more.

I wouldn't recommend leaving a UMS score/grade out because it'll stick out like a sore thumb.
Reply 3
Original post by jamestg
They'll say to each other "this fella's hiding something" but probably nothing more.

I wouldn't recommend leaving a UMS score/grade out because it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Thanks for your advice, but how would it stick out like a sore thumb?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by JP0458B

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're leaving out one or two modules out of say 10, they may be suspicious. They will most likely think you're hiding something.

For example, If I were an admissions tutor and for A-level Maths I saw...

MATHS - A
C1 - 95
C2 - 90
M1 - 85
C3 -
C4 -
S1 - 88

I'd think they clearly cocked up C3 and C4, and are ashamed of their results. As based on those scores, they could have got as low as 61/100 (C) for both C3 and C4...
Are they allowed to request for module marks? :L
Reply 6
Original post by JP0458B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why not just declare it in the first place?

If you have something to hide then you've answered your own question.

Which university is asking for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
Why not just declare it in the first place?

If you have something to hide then you've answered your own question.

Which university is asking for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are Universities allowed to request UMS? I thought it was just Cambridge who requested it...
Reply 8
Original post by Someboady
Are Universities allowed to request UMS? I thought it was just Cambridge who requested it...

They can ask whatever they want.

I think Durham and UCL request it for some courses, for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jneill
They can ask whatever they want.

I think Durham and UCL request it for some courses, for example.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well that sucks. My referee put some of my module marks in my reference but not all of them.. Universities won't be too fussed will they?
Reply 10
Original post by Someboady
Well that sucks. My referee put some of my module marks in my reference but not all of them.. Universities won't be too fussed will they?

If they want the info they will ask for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jamestg
If you're leaving out one or two modules out of say 10, they may be suspicious. They will most likely think you're hiding something.

For example, If I were an admissions tutor and for A-level Maths I saw...

MATHS - A
C1 - 95
C2 - 90
M1 - 85
C3 -
C4 -
S1 - 88

I'd think they clearly cocked up C3 and C4, and are ashamed of their results. As based on those scores, they could have got as low as 61/100 (C) for both C3 and C4...

Did you put your UMS for maths modules on UCAS? I thought you weren't meant to unless a university asks.
Original post by richardhello
Did you put your UMS for maths modules on UCAS? I thought you weren't meant to unless a university asks.

Not on UCAS, but I will on the Cambridge SAQ.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending