The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vitell
Which location did u apply to? I haven't heard anything back as of yet.

I have had the same email and I applied for Bristol
Original post by Priscal
I have just received an update email, in that email they advised that they have received exceptional volume of applications in my preferred location. Hence, it will now take longer than they had expected to get back. They said they will advise me of the outcome by the 17thof this month. I was hell scared to open the email as it didn’t start with the usual motivating words (We are delighted, we are happy …..).

image.png
Original post by bluebell2211
Hi Has anyone had a response to say the were in top scorer applications for the online test part? I recieved the response last week, they said they will get back to me in 2 weeks from then , maybe sooner.

Looks as though the competency stage is harder judged from comments on this thread!

Good luck to everyone and guys dont stress too much about the tests if you haven't done them. I was delaying it and then one late evening , was very tired said to myself cmon lets get this done!

Just crack on with it, makesure you have no distractions, i ran out of time for the last few questions on numeric test and just guessed. Either i got lucky or got all the ones i did in time, right. Hope this instills some confidence if you dont manage to complete last couple qs. dont panic

Yes I had the same email , good luck with your application 😊
I got a very similar email as above, but with a note about not being able to move an application to another location (not that I asked) and with a date of the 21st October. The date given for interviews is early November.
Reply 204
Same for me and i applied for Bristol too. Anyone have any idea how many vacancies there are at each centre?
Reply 205
Original post by THEJACKLE
I got a very similar email as above, but with a note about not being able to move an application to another location (not that I asked) and with a date of the 21st October. The date given for interviews is early November.

Oh I've only just noticed that the email above doesn't mention that we can't change location.. It says that in mine too
Hi,

I submitted the whole application for this post- including the competency statements and online tests- on 26 Sept 2016.

I found the verbal reasoning test more harder to get my head round and was certain that I hadn't done well on it (wasn't confident that my answers were correct and didn't finish the test in time) however, I received a response on 5 Oct to say that I had one of the most top scoring applications!
So plough through and hang in there.

I do feel that the numerical test was easier and this is where I'm certain that I picked up most of the points.

I have now received an email yesterday on the 11th stating that they are still reviewing my application, however they have to push back their timescales due to a high number of applicants applying in my area. I should expect to hear further by 17 Oct. Eek!

Good luck everyone!
Original post by LolaJays
image.png

I received exactly the same email. Where did you apply to?
Original post by Priscal
I received exactly the same email. Where did you apply to?

Bristol, you?
Original post by LolaJays
I have had the same email and I applied for Bristol

Hi, I am Edinburgh
Anyone heard anything yet? Monday 17th to hear if I have progressed to the interview stage seems forever.
Reply 211
Original post by Priscal
Anyone heard anything yet? Monday 17th to hear if I have progressed to the interview stage seems forever.
nothing yet..... i think i am wearing my email out checking every ten minutes!!!!!!
Original post by Bjt9636
nothing yet..... i think i am wearing my email out checking every ten minutes!!!!!!

The wait is on.
Original post by Priscal
The wait is on.

Has anybody heard anything further yet?
Reply 214
Original post by Azalea3206
Has anybody heard anything further yet?

I haven't but for Liverpool we were given the date of 24th October so not expecting anything soon
Original post by LiamF95
I haven't but for Liverpool we were given the date of 24th October so not expecting anything soon

I had the same email as above so waiting until 17th to see if the application has progressed to interview stage. Would like to know either way now!
Reply 216
I had the same email as above so waiting until 17th to see if the application has progressed to interview stage. Would like to know either way now!

My email said by 17th but was kind of hoping it would appear today instead of thinking about it all over the weekend!
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kas1974
My email said by 17th but was kind of hoping it would appear today instead of thinking about it all over the weekend!

I know! Maybe they need more time to decide
Reply 218
I know! Maybe they need more time to decide

I'd probably anticipate an email on Monday saying there's a delay
Original post by LiamF95
I'd probably anticipate an email on Monday saying there's a delay

Good luck to everyone tomorrow, I'm anticipating a rejection as I really do not think that I completed the competencies well at all.

Latest

Trending

Trending