The Student Room Group

UCAS

I'm applying to Oxford for Physics and my application needs to be done in the next few days but I only have 4 out of 5 choices. How likely is it that I'll require all 5 and is it normal to apply for 5 Russell Groups or is it common to apply for 1 or 2 less prestigious unis?
Original post by jacklfc99
I'm applying to Oxford for Physics and my application needs to be done in the next few days but I only have 4 out of 5 choices. How likely is it that I'll require all 5 and is it normal to apply for 5 Russell Groups or is it common to apply for 1 or 2 less prestigious unis?

You can fill in your other choices after applying.

Many people apply for all RG. But they aren't the be all and end all of unis.

Again, some people apply to a safe uni or too. If you have the grades for Oxford and have a reasonably good PS, odds are you'll get 3 offers.
Original post by jacklfc99

You can apply via Extra if you don't get the offers you want.
In reality you'll only need 3, Oxford plus two others, although depends if you want to consider a uni with lower entry requirements for an insurance or if you'd go through clearing or take a gap year if you missed your grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest