The Student Room Group

Need help with my accounting personal statement

Hi

I am struggling to merge "accounting and finance" and "accounting with management into one personal statement". can anyone offer me some advice and help?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Junaid12
Hi

I am struggling to merge "accounting and finance" and "accounting with management into one personal statement". can anyone offer me some advice and help?

I just talked about accounting in mine even though applying to similar degrees as you.
Reply 2
Original post by dom117117
I just talked about accounting in mine even though applying to similar degrees as you.

Ooh. I thought i would have to talk a bit about management. But you never mention a specific degree name like accounting and finance in it right?
Ooh. I thought i would have to talk a bit about management. But you never mention a specific degree name like accounting and finance in it right?
I was told not to be too specific as you could alienate certain universities. If the running theme in your choices is accounting it would be fine just to talk about accounting. If you talk about management and one uni course doesn't have that as a module they may not think your equally committed to them.
Even though most my choices were accounting and finance I only spoke about an Accounting degree. You could talk about business and your interest in it as that's in all accounting degrees. Hope this helps 😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
I was told not to be too specific as you could alienate certain universities. If the running theme in your choices is accounting it would be fine just to talk about accounting. If you talk about management and one uni course doesn't have that as a module they may not think your equally committed to them.

Cheers mate. I was thinking if i did it might mess things up.
thanks for the help. BTW which universities are you applying to?
Cheers mate. I was thinking if i did it might mess things up.
thanks for the help. BTW which universities are you applying to?
Warwick, Bath, Loughborough, Reading and Kent. My applications already sent so I'd cry if I did my personal statement wrong. What universities u applying to?

But for accounting and finance, aren't there lecturers for both, and so the subjects are different, requiring you to focus on both in the personal statement? If you get offers, than I suppose it doesn't matter.
Original post by Ze Witcher
But for accounting and finance, aren't there lecturers for both, and so the subjects are different, requiring you to focus on both in the personal statement? If you get offers, than I suppose it doesn't matter.
yeah but each course differs such as one of my choices is accounting with business so talking about finance wouldn't work.
yeah but each course differs such as one of my choices is accounting with business so talking about finance wouldn't work.

Oh fair enough. What sort of variations of accounting courses are you applying to?
Original post by idr335
Can you guys do me a massive favour and fill out this questionnaire, it's aimed at A2 students intending on going to university. Thanks.https://goo.gl/forms/l0cBil8bywCY7zQl2
sure, just submitted it.
Reply 10
Warwick, Bath, Loughborough, Reading and Kent. My applications already sent so I'd cry if I did my personal statement wrong. What universities u applying to?

Nice, I'm applying for Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Nottingham, Aston Loughborough and Coventry and dont worry. it will all be good. Hopefully bump into each other at a uni lecture or something lol :smile:
Oh fair enough. What sort of variations of accounting courses are you applying to?

Accounting with business, accounting and finance, accounting and finacial management. What are you applying for and which uni?
Nice, I'm applying for Uni of Birmingham, Uni of Nottingham, Aston Loughborough and Coventry and dont worry. it will all be good. Hopefully bump into each other at a uni lecture or something lol :smile:
haha imagine doubt we would know we talked on here though😄
(edited 7 years ago)
Accounting with business, accounting and finance, accounting and finacial management. What are you applying for and which uni?

Not finalised but this is what I am considering...
Warwick and lse (accounting and finance)
Queen mary, surrey, kent, loughborough (econ)
Bristol (econ with finance)

I've been lucky enough to be able to send an additional personal statement for the econ course so theres no issue there :h:

I've been lucky enough to be able to send an additional personal statement for the econ course so theres no issue there :h:

Nice choices yeah would of been a nightmare if you had econ, accounting and finance to talk about😄 U gone to any open days? Warwicks is in 2 weeks and I've just been to Loughboroughs
(edited 7 years ago)
Nice choices yeah would of been a nightmare if you had econ, accounting and finance to talk about😄 U gone to any open days? Warwicks is in 2 weeks and I've just been to Loughboroughs

Possibly might go to warwick, only issue is that it is relatively far away for me for a days travel. So far I've only been to Queen Mary and i've been invited to some student shadowing at lse. Is loughborough a nice uni?

LSE are very particular about their PSs. It will be difficult to write PSs for those courses (and the OP's choices), as altho they have some similarities, there are also distinct differences
Original post by *Interrobang*
LSE are very particular about their PSs. It will be difficult to write PSs for those courses (and the OP's choices), as altho they have some similarities, there are also distinct differences

Oh I know :smile:. I am sending in an accounting and finance personal statement targeting mainly lse (if i apply there) through ucas, and hope warwick accept it as well. And the econ courses are just additional PSs completely different to the accounting and finance one to lse.
Possibly might go to warwick, only issue is that it is relatively far away for me for a days travel. So far I've only been to Queen Mary and i've been invited to some student shadowing at lse. Is loughborough a nice uni?
Yeah the accommodations were really nice and relatively cheap. The area seemed friendly but a bit quiet. The teachers I thought were quite eccentric but at least they were passionate about their subject (only attended talks for maths and accounting). I've nothing to compare it to but the course seems great to me and the grades they ask for are achievable possible a firm choice actually😄
"I want to live a boring life, earn a bit of money, go through a horrible mid life crisis and die as an unfulfilled and dissatisfied person"

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending