The Student Room Group

Sine cosine rule

Heya just needed abit of help and explantion on how i can work this out. i tried the forumlas but they didnt work. Capture.PNG

Scroll to see replies

For this question, you don't need to use the sine or cosine rules. Instead, since you have the area of the triangle, you can use the two lengths and area to rearrange the formula for the area of a non right angled to find the angle.

Hope this helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
If 1/2absin(c) = 4, then 1/2 (4.3)(4.3)sin(x) = 4, rearrange for sin(x).
Once you have one value for x(probably from a calculator), look at the graph of y= sin(x) to see other values of x that give the same value of sin(x) (whilst still having x less than 180 degrees so it can make a triangle)
Original post by z_o_e
Heya just needed abit of help and explantion on how i can work this out. i tried the forumlas but they didnt work. Capture.PNG

Use the area of a triangle = 12absinC \frac{1}{2}absinC
Nice MyMaths lmao
mymaths has a history of shwoing the answers as wrong when they are actually right
Original post by AnnemarieV
mymaths has a history of shwoing the answers as wrong when they are actually right

I once put in 13 years 0 months as an answer to a mymaths question and it marked it wrong saying the answer is 12 years 12 months

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by BobBobson
I once put in 13 years 0 months as an answer to a mymaths question and it marked it wrong saying the answer is 12 years 12 months

Posted from TSR Mobile

Heya can you help me on this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by JN17
If 1/2absin(c) = 4, then 1/2 (4.3)(4.3)sin(x) = 4, rearrange for sin(x).
Once you have one value for x(probably from a calculator), look at the graph of y= sin(x) to see other values of x that give the same value of sin(x) (whilst still having x less than 180 degrees so it can make a triangle)

Thank you x

I need help on the above

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Heya can you help me on this question please

Posted from TSR Mobile

What help do you need? You seemed to have solved it. All you need to do is put that fraction into the inverse of cos function on your calculator.
On most calculators it looks like cos to the power of -1.
Reply 10
What help do you need? You seemed to have solved it. All you need to do is put that fraction into the inverse of cos function on your calculator.
On most calculators it looks like cos to the power of -1.

It said error

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Also for this
I need to find ourt angle BAC
I don't understand what angle is that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Original post by z_o_e
Thank you x

I need help on the above

Posted from TSR Mobile

As the person above said, you've done it, just simplify the squares and fraction and do cos-1(that answer) for the angle A

It works fine when I put it into my calculator. What type of error is it?
Reply 14

Got it! !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15

For this I need to find BAC angle what angle is that?

I dont understand questions like that the wording BAC do I find angle B AND A AND C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
For this I need to find BAC angle what angle is that?

I dont understand questions like that the wording BAC do I find angle B AND A AND C

Posted from TSR Mobile

When an angle is written as "BAC" for example, it means the angle between the line BA and AC, or what you wrote down as simply A. People write it like that to avoid ambiguity. It doesn't mean to find all three angles.
Reply 18
When an angle is written as "BAC" for example, it means the angle between the line BA and AC, or what you wrote down as simply A. People write it like that to avoid ambiguity. It doesn't mean to find all three angles.

Between BA and AC is A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by z_o_e
Between BA and AC is A

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah.

Quick Reply

Latest