The Student Room Group

History or Political EPQ Ideas

Hi,
I want some ideas for a EPQ that is either historical or politiacl but thanks to my A-Level History exam board it cannot involve any German history from 1918 to 1989, Italina history from 1911-1946 or any British War upto WW1.

Thanks in advance
What parts of history are you interested in?
Reply 2
Original post by LesleyMcKenna
What parts of history are you interested in?

Mainly 1850 onwards
Original post by conner1234
Mainly 1850 onwards

For my EPQ I am discussing whether Great Britain has lost it's staus as a world power, which means I can talk about many aspects of history. If you are looking to do something political, and maybe a little controversial, you could find a major event and see if it could have led to Brexit. An example of this could be 'Did the collaspe of the British Empire lead to problems within the European Union?'. With this you could possibly talk about how tensions and the past would have strained relations, and talk about economic downfalls.
Reply 4
For my EPQ I am discussing whether Great Britain has lost it's staus as a world power, which means I can talk about many aspects of history. If you are looking to do something political, and maybe a little controversial, you could find a major event and see if it could have led to Brexit. An example of this could be 'Did the collaspe of the British Empire lead to problems within the European Union?'. With this you could possibly talk about how tensions and the past would have strained relations, and talk about economic downfalls.

That actually sounds like a good idea, I'll discuss it with my tutor tomorrow with some of these ideas i came up with:
Has the Cold War actually finished?
How influential was the Soviet Union in other Communist States?
Could D-Day have happened earlier than 6th June 1944?
Was Vietnam a US failure?
That actually sounds like a good idea, I'll discuss it with my tutor tomorrow with some of these ideas i came up with:
Has the Cold War actually finished?
How influential was the Soviet Union in other Communist States?
Could D-Day have happened earlier than 6th June 1944?
Was Vietnam a US failure?

Those are all fantastic ideas. Are you looking to go to Uni and study history?
Reply 6
Those are all fantastic ideas. Are you looking to go to Uni and study history?

Ive been loking at History degrees and History and Politics cominded degrees.
I decided to do an EPQ to get more UCAS points because my predicted grades wont be enough.
Reply 7
"Why did Brexit happen"

You can go as far back as the British Empire and up to today.
If you want to look at the downfall of britain in relation to politics looking at the rise and fall of the liberal party is quite an interesting one.
Ive been loking at History degrees and History and Politics cominded degrees.
I decided to do an EPQ to get more UCAS points because my predicted grades wont be enough.

I've chosen to do it because it will lower my grades to BBB from ABB if I get a B, so I can go and study history at Uni. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fantastically. :smile:
Reply 10
I've chosen to do it because it will lower my grades to BBB from ABB if I get a B, so I can go and study history at Uni. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do fantastically. :smile:

Good luck to you as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending