The Student Room Group

I feel as if I've missed out on a young romance.

Am I overromanticising things, or is there something truly unique in falling in love with someone at a young age that adult relationships just don't capture?
Even a relationship at 17 or so. I'm 22 now, so definitely an old fogie who has not a capacity for massive cuteness any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by RobML
Am I overromanticising things, or is there something truly unique in falling in love with someone at a young age that adult relationships just don't capture?
Even a relationship at 17 or so. I'm 22 now, so definitely an old fogie who has not a capacity for massive cuteness any more.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you have but you need to keep trying. Don't look for girls on TSR either...
My favorite quote by Dr Frankl was along the lines of "the salvation of man is love and through love.

I was a hopeless romantic. The poet Keats was my hero and I wanted to know what it was all like too to be honest. I never had a boyfriend or even kissed a guy and I was 24 and rather lonely if the truth be told.I wanted to be like all the other girls.

But when you take the risk of loving someone, love can go in two ways: One you're either singing teenage dream by Katy Perry or When I find love again by james blunt.

Having your heartbroken is literally one of the most painful things you can go through. A type of pain you can't really explain.

Waiting to meet someone is probably one of the hardest things to do, but I would honestly make sure you actually love yourself first before you get involved with anyone. I had very low self esteem and I put up with a lot of nonsense because I didn't love myself.
All you have to do is ask Rob :sexface:
Reply 4
Original post by Rhythmical
All you have to do is ask Rob :sexface:

oi oi :mmm:
This is how I was feeling the other day...
Reply 6
trust me - a good percentage of people in the world never got their chance to experience young romance
Reply 7
I sometimes feel the same. :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why did you 'miss out' if you don't mind me asking?

You surely must have had chances. :redface:
Teenage love is one of the most horrendous, painful things ever. Be grateful tbh.
Original post by RobML

Posted from TSR Mobile

you'll never be 15 and in love

lying on the grass on a warm summer night, watching the stars, carelessly chatting
not worrying about rent, bills, student loans
only worry in life is how you're gonna cheat on that history test on monday
you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
gotta be a serious man now
all the good ones are taken
maybe a nice girl will eventually settle with you
they have already felt all those new exciting feelings before, and are usually jaded and bitter
you missed what it feels like to have not a care in the world other than making your girl happy
you have missed out on teenage love
in all fairness, i don't think I'm mature enough for any sort of romantic relationship so :dontknow:

so, i don't think you missed out on anything as such.
Reply 12
Original post by HannaMarin

lying on the grass on a warm summer night, watching the stars, carelessly chatting
you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job
they have already felt all those new exciting feelings before, and are usually jaded and bitter
you missed what it feels like to have not a care in the world other than making your girl happy

:colonhash:
bro your really not missing out on jack. young relationships are awkward and naive and basically never last.

you're in your 20's now
gotta get a good job

You missed out the best bits. :sexface:
I'm 18 and I already feel like I won't have that kind of thing now. I'm just accepting of it and focusing on other things.
Original post by RobML
:colonhash:

you'll never have a girl around every day after school, pretend to be doing homework together, but instead just **** like rabbits
Original post by stefano865
You missed out the best bits. :sexface:

i blame

i blame

lol

Have you experienced 'young love'?
Isnt this the sort of needy insecure thread that tou were complaining made you sick?

Quick Reply