The Student Room Group

Applying to Uni - Uni of Sheffield v Uni of Liverpool (Psychology)

Hey people, so I've just come back from an applicant day at Liverpool and out of the five offers I got back in November, Sheffield and Liverpool are my preferred. My preference out of the two universities at the moment is Sheffield because it seems like a nice area, the accommodation is nice, and the it's pretty highly regarded. After seeing Liverpool though, there's things I like about both Universities, for example, Liverpool seems to have more going on, I like the modules, and everyone I spoke to was really nice. I'd appreciate getting any of your opinions on both cities/Unis, whether you're studying there or have received an offer from either. Thanks :biggrin:

TL: DR - Opinions on both Uni's and Cities.
Original post by Elastichedgehog
Hey people, so I've just come back from an applicant day at Liverpool and out of the five offers I got back in November, Sheffield and Liverpool are my preferred. My preference out of the two universities at the moment is Sheffield because it seems like a nice area, the accommodation is nice, and the it's pretty highly regarded. After seeing Liverpool though, there's things I like about both Universities, for example, Liverpool seems to have more going on, I like the modules, and everyone I spoke to was really nice. I'd appreciate getting any of your opinions on both cities/Unis, whether you're studying there or have received an offer from either. Thanks :biggrin:

TL: DR - Opinions on both Uni's and Cities.

Which one did you pick and why? :smile:
Original post by imherpacifier
Which one did you pick and why? :smile:

I'm currently in Sheffield, but Liverpool was my insurance.

I did some research and just liked the city (Sheffield) a lot more, it's a really nice place. Especially if you're living in Endcliffe/Ranmoor first year.
The lecturers are nice, and you receive a lot of support if you need it. I just preferred the feeling of the university when I was there as well :smile: If that makes sense.

I did some research and just liked the city (Sheffield) a lot more, it's a really nice place. Especially if you're living in Endcliffe/Ranmoor first year.
The lecturers are nice, and you receive a lot of support if you need it. I just preferred the feeling of the university when I was there as well :smile: If that makes sense.

Yeah ofc :smile: I'm going to Sheff's open day on the 22nd so we shall see :smile:

For your comment of a lot going on, then I think you will find the SU is one of the best in the country. Sheffield is very student friendly and cheap. Most students tend to love the overall experience and many stay in the area. I'm glad you looked past some of the City centre, some of its quite poor, but overall the locals are friendly and it has a lot of dufferent aspects to it. You'be probably noticed a high number of chinese students as well... Have fun.
Original post by 999tigger
For your comment of a lot going on, then I think you will find the SU is one of the best in the country. Sheffield is very student friendly and cheap. Most students tend to love the overall experience and many stay in the area. I'm glad you looked past some of the City centre, some of its quite poor, but overall the locals are friendly and it has a lot of dufferent aspects to it. You'be probably noticed a high number of chinese students as well... Have fun.

Aye, I've explored the city centre, it's quite nice but you're right about the not so nice areas. The SU is very good as well. I've notice the high number of chinese students :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest