The Student Room Group

Good enough for UCL or LSE?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by jneill
UCL don't say the *only* requirement is to have a GCSE in a MFL. They say it's one of five possible requirements. And OP's A-level predictions of A*A*A* Distinction B is *more* than sufficient to make up for a small problem with their GCSEs (and I can see from a subsequent post that it's ECd anyway).

Anyway - you are correct that we aren't ATs so yes at this point I'll leave you to it.

A* A* A* Distinction* B :P Don't forget the star :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by NoahMal
A* A* A* Distinction* B :P Don't forget the star :smile:

Show off :smile:

(et bon chance! Viel Glück! )
Reply 22
Original post by jneill
Show off :smile:

(et bon chance! Viel Glück! )

UCL though Init <3

Merci, Danke schoen
Reply 23
How were you predicted A* in FM with 245/300? Looks a bit off personally unless there were reasons your teachers know, there are people in my year with ~270 only predicted an A, and people ~235 predicted a B sometimes.
Only mentioning as I think uni's might think the same if they know your ums and could think your school is lenient or something like that.
Go for it!

You have 5 choices, why not have one or two that are not certain?

Good luck :smile:
Reply 25
Original post by noahmal
ucl though init <3

meric, danke schoen

f, a*
lol
Uni of beds is better for you.
Original post by NoahMal
I'm near fluent German :smile: I have Extenuating circumstances for my GCSE as well. :P

Oh brilliant, just ignore what i said then :tongue:

good luck

Original post by jneill
UCL don't say the *only* requirement is to have a GCSE in a MFL. They say it's one of five possible requirements.

Well thats what was said on the link i provided, OP is smart enough to deduce that. As i said, the problem was that he couldnt choose that option and so he had to choose another one.

Original post by jneill
And OP's A-level predictions of A*A*A* Distinction B is *more* than sufficient to make up for a small problem with their GCSEs (and I can see from a subsequent post that it's ECd anyway).

His grades are irrelevant in the point i was trying to make - which was that the lack of a pass in an MFL at GCSE means he has to choose another option.

And given that he's already said he's fluent at german this argument is futile.
Reply 28
Original post by jneill
f, a*
lol

I actually didn't sit 2 of my french speaking exams that's why I did poop
Reply 29
Original post by fksociety
Oh brilliant, just ignore what i said then :tongue:

good luck

Well thats what was said on the link i provided, OP is smart enough to deduce that. As i said, the problem was that he couldnt choose that option and so he had to choose another one.

His grades are irrelevant in the point i was trying to make - which was that the lack of a pass in an MFL at GCSE means he has to choose another option.

Ngl my GCSE are poop but that integrated with my fascination for the subject as well as my a2 prediction and my extenuating circumstances will differentiate me from other applicants.
Reply 30
Original post by fksociety

Except he might still need to evidence his Germanic prowess to UCL...
Reply 31
Original post by jneill
Except he might still need to evidence his Germanic prowess to UCL...

If it's speaking i'm fine if it is writing I am more than screwed :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending