The Student Room Group

Joining the Islamic society to find a wife

After spending the first two years of my degree getting drunk, partying and getting with girls, I have decided that it is time for me to stop that, and I have joined the Islamic society in my University with the intention to find a life long partner.

I am very inexperienced with marriage and therefore do not know a lot about these relationships. I have only slept with a couple of girls on one night stands, and that was it. It was a very void experience and I am in deep regret of it.

The problem is, that it is very segregated and guys and girls can't speak.
I do speak to a lot of girls in uni, but none that I am interested in.
I am very inclined to marrying a very pious girl and hence why I am looking in this society.

Scroll to see replies

Lol this is funny because it reminds me of this guy I met for the first time during freshers week and he was like 'I went to the Islamic Society fayre and said to the brother, help me find a wifey' :biggrin: I was like :colonhash:, like no mate, I can't find you a wife :biggrin: Has this become common amongst Muslim guys? :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by BrokenLife
Lol this is funny because it reminds me of this guy I met for the first time during freshers week and he was like 'I went to the Islamic Society fayre and said to the brother, help me find a wifey' :biggrin: I was like :colonhash:, like no mate, I can't find you a wife :biggrin: Has this become common amongst Muslim guys? :biggrin:

Well I feel it will benefit me. Now that I have stopped drinking, partying and getting with random girls. I feel it is my time now.
If this isn't a troll (sorry it just reads like that), then I advise that you take a step back and start learning about Islam and practicing what you've learnt before going on the hunt for 'pious girls'. Good job on quiting the drinking/partying/zina lifestyle.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by IdeasForLife
If this isn't a troll (sorry it just reads like that), then I advise that you take a step back and start learning about Islam and practicing what you've learnt before going on the hunt for 'pious girls'. Whilst I know people have found spouses in Isocs, it isn't the place for you to go chat up girls.

'chatting up'. You make it seem like my intention is bad. I do talk to a lot of girls, and have never initiated anything physical with any of my girl friends.

I just want to get to know, not do anything before marriage. I actually believe that pre-marital relationships are wrong and would never get into anything like that.
Original post by Anonymous
'chatting up'. You make it seem like my intention is bad. I do talk to a lot of girls, and have never initiated anything physical with any of my girl friends.

I just want to get to know, not do anything before marriage. I actually believe that pre-marital relationships are wrong and would never get into anything like that.

Sorry, I misread one of your sentences. I edited it out before you quoted me but I guess it was too late.

It you are interested in anyone in the Isoc, then perhaps ask the head bro to relay your interest to the sister in question or ask the sister for her wali's details and then get to know her. Those are two halal ways I have known people to go about this.
Please inbox me :smile:
I'm so curious to know what the ISOC members are going to say about this :colone:
Original post by Conceited
well you're keen aren't you.

I'm trying to help out the OP
Reply 9
Shaadi.com
Original post by UWS
Shaadi.com

a wee bit outdated.

8/10 for effort.
Original post by UWS
Shaadi.com

meh more like
singlemuslims.com
:h:
Original post by PrincessBO$$
meh more like
singlemuslims.com
:h:

It is really rubbish, doesn't work :/
I looked on there and only came across weirdos
Original post by shazy2014

islamicmarriage.com?
halal speed dating?
Original post by shazy2014

https://purematrimony.com/

This one is pretty halal.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
I'm so curious to know what the ISOC members are going to say about this :colone:

What do you think we'd say?
Original post by PrincessBO$$
islamicmarriage.com?
halal speed dating?

What's halal speed dating?
Noo I'm not going to use a marriage website again, I'd rather meet someone in person Inshaallah :smile:
Reply 17
I always feel like most these Muslim/Islam threads are just pure trolling. So you spent two years getting drunk and being with girls which is the exact opposite of what your holy book says and now you want to join an islamic society to find a muslim wife who actually follows the holy book and is innocent. Feel bad for the women honestly.
I will feel sorry for that pious girl as you would obviously want her to be totally pure and innocent whilst you aren't. She will have expectations from you of not having haraam relationships before marriage (dont give the usual 'we men have our needs'. So do women)
I actually can't believe the name of this thread. It makes me laugh (not in a good way). Like wth? That's not the real purpose of these societies.
Hope God forgives you for your past but u need to remember that not all humans are that generous.

Original post by Anonymous
After spending the first two years of my degree getting drunk, partying and getting with girls, I have decided that it is time for me to stop that, and I have joined the Islamic society in my University with the intention to find a life long partner.

I am very inexperienced with marriage and therefore do not know a lot about these relationships. I have only slept with a couple of girls on one night stands, and that was it. It was a very void experience and I am in deep regret of it.

The problem is, that it is very segregated and guys and girls can't speak.
I do speak to a lot of girls in uni, but none that I am interested in.
I am very inclined to marrying a very pious girl and hence why I am looking in this society.
Are you even muslim if you go out drinking and and partying and having one night stands? you need to have a good look at yourself

Quick Reply

Latest