The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cass1988
Awesome! Look forward to hopefully working with you soon. When did you find out your start date? That's all I'm waiting on.

Around st Anne's cathedral there is parking for £4 for the whole day that may suit some just a wee heads up for you. Just leave a space for me haha

Will do...were u comin from Cass1988? I got my start date back at end of August... should have been started but had to do a 3 notice period as we are very short staffed at the moment HMRC were really good about it. Once I got ok on pre employment checks it was pretty straightforward after that but i got my provisional offer in May and by start of August no checks had been done, so i called them to see what was happening
Original post by liverpool75
Will do...were u comin from Cass1988? I got my start date back at end of August... should have been started but had to do a 3 notice period as we are very short staffed at the moment HMRC were really good about it. Once I got ok on pre employment checks it was pretty straightforward after that but i got my provisional offer in May and by start of August no checks had been done, so i called them to see what was happening

Nice work! How long did you wait from the checks being complete to getting a call for the start date?
I'm cheeky in that I only live 20 mins drive down the road :smile:
Nice work! How long did you wait from the checks being complete to getting a call for the start date?
I'm cheeky in that I only live 20 mins drive down the road :smile:

Ah lucky you that would be great to live that close although I shouldn't complain hopefully an hour should take me in.......Checks only started at end of July and were completed by end of August but my campaign was done by CSR I believe it was a bit of a nightmare....I got my provisional in May and i heard nothing till I phoned them to see what was happening then it all took off and was complete within weeks as they were looking me to start 5th Sept originally.
Ah lucky you that would be great to live that close although I shouldn't complain hopefully an hour should take me in.......Checks only started at end of July and were completed by end of August but my campaign was done by CSR I believe it was a bit of a nightmare....I got my provisional in May and i heard nothing till I phoned them to see what was happening then it all took off and was complete within weeks as they were looking me to start 5th Sept originally.

That's good they were able to hold it back so long. Wonder when I'll get the call and start date then :smile:
Original post by Jamz115
Nightmare is an understatement. You external applicant? I am too. Got Provisional offer 12 Aug filled in DBS application and Health questionnaire 11 Sept... not heard a dickiebird since

I was phoning them every day after I had called in July and nothing had been done with my application
Just had an email stating all checks complete and they'll be in touch soon with a start date. Yeeha! Liverpool75, where you travelling from? Hopefully you, Cass and I will all be starting about the same time.....Have to get back to drafting that letter of notice, lol.
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Just had an email stating all checks complete and they'll be in touch soon with a start date. Yeeha! Liverpool75, where you travelling from? Hopefully you, Cass and I will all be starting about the same time.....Have to get back to drafting that letter of notice, lol.

Yay! Nice one. Hope the call is soon but may sound like a December start then hopefully at latest :smile: planning the calendar for time off already haha

Great news.....I'm travelling from Newcastle side into Belfast so most likely will do Park and Ride and walk across......It would be great to have company starting in December hate the thought of being a new start again......but if you have others with you its not so bad......Hopefully you should hear shortly from someone...I am starting in corporation tax wealthy and meduim sized businesses......oh fingers crossed Cass you hear soon
Yay! Nice one. Hope the call is soon but may sound like a December start then hopefully at latest :smile: planning the calendar for time off already haha

Hope you get word soon
Great news.....I'm travelling from Newcastle side into Belfast so most likely will do Park and Ride and walk across......It would be great to have company starting in December hate the thought of being a new start again......but if you have others with you its not so bad......Hopefully you should hear shortly from someone...I am starting in corporation tax wealthy and meduim sized businesses......oh fingers crossed Cass you hear soon

Not 100% where I'm starting, but did get an email a while ago from ISBC so probably individuals and small business compliance. Hope they're flat out, they'll want me asap 😂
Not 100% where I'm starting, but did get an email a while ago from ISBC so probably individuals and small business compliance. Hope they're flat out, they'll want me asap 😂

Yes this is where my first email came from too
Sweepstake is open for formal offer/start dates 😂

I'm betting on formal offer next week Tuesday 18th, start date 21st November. Might just be the optimist in me, but might also just stop me going barmy waiting for the call.
(edited 7 years ago)
Sweepstake is open for formal offer/start dates 😂

I'm betting on formal offer next week Tuesday 18th, start date 21st November. Might just be the optimist in me, but might also just stop me going barmy waiting for the call.

Haha. I go for formal offer/call by Friday this week with start date 5th Dec.
Haha. I go for formal offer/call by Friday this week with start date 5th Dec.

I'd be happy with that, lol. Notice would go in straight away anyway. Looking forward to a new role......
I wonder if I can ask a favour, it would be useful, especially for those who have had all checks complete to get an idea of your timeline, so those of us who may be further back can have an idea what is still to come...

Here is mine

Campaign CSR/2066/15
12th August (Provisional Offer:O Grade)
11th September: Health Cert and DBS received and sent
29th September: Email received asking me to bring in ID as the ones submitted were out of date
7th October: Took ID into Moira House (This was the earliest date offered to bring it in)

Thanks in Advance!
[QUOTE="Jamz115;67998342"]Well I contacted my local Parliamentarian about this. Whilst he claims he cannot obviously involve himself in the process but he does agree this whole process has been completely unacceptable when I explained it and there shouldn't be a situation in the civil service where some people progress in the same campaign and others do not as the case may be here regarding 2066/15. He says he will contact both the Cabinet Office Minister (responsibility for Civil service as a whole ) and HMRC to find out what is going on. It's got beyond a joke as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE

I wasn't in this campaign I applied for the HO positions in February this year so I came off that campaign
Original post by PapaSmurf46
I wonder if I can ask a favour, it would be useful, especially for those who have had all checks complete to get an idea of your timeline, so those of us who may be further back can have an idea what is still to come...

Here is mine

Campaign CSR/2066/15
12th August (Provisional Offer:O Grade)
11th September: Health Cert and DBS received and sent
29th September: Email received asking me to bring in ID as the ones submitted were out of date
7th October: Took ID into Moira House (This was the earliest date offered to bring it in)

Thanks in Advance!

Hey. I was part of the graduate programme back last November and was offered an O role on the reserve list.
I was offered this 16th Aug
Went to produce ID 12 Sep
Filled in and sent back health forms and DBS next stage part 3/4 weeks ago
Access NI certificate done and sent 2 weeks ago and email confirming pre employment checks were complete last Thursday I think it was.
Reply 297
Got my checks completed email this morning! Looking forward to seeing you all there! :smile:
[QUOTE="liverpool75;67998584"]
Original post by Jamz115
Well I contacted my local Parliamentarian about this. Whilst he claims he cannot obviously involve himself in the process but he does agree this whole process has been completely unacceptable when I explained it and there shouldn't be a situation in the civil service where some people progress in the same campaign and others do not as the case may be here regarding 2066/15. He says he will contact both the Cabinet Office Minister (responsibility for Civil service as a whole ) and HMRC to find out what is going on. It's got beyond a joke as far as I'm concerned.[/QUOTE

I wasn't in this campaign I applied for the HO positions in February this year so I came off that campaign

Yea he queried that with me. He said it would be a perfectly reasonable action for them to take to progress one campaign ie. Graduate campaign first before another ie. my one. which has been happening and I understand that. Problem I have is others in the 2066/15 campaign have had their situation progressed having had offers at the same time on August 11 from the same campaign as myself.
He says that ought not be happening as the only distinction they are supposed to make is on a campaign by campaign basis and whether someone is internal/external shouldn't really come into it but we shall see what happens. Don't think its unreasonable to at least find out a clearer picture as to what is going on.
[QUOTE="Jamz115;67998856"]

Yea he queried that with me. He said it would be a perfectly reasonable action for them to take to progress one campaign ie. Graduate campaign first before another ie. my one. which has been happening and I understand that. Problem I have is others in the 2066/15 campaign have had their situation progressed having had offers at the same time on August 11 from the same campaign as myself.
He says that ought not be happening as the only distinction they are supposed to make is on a campaign by campaign basis and whether someone is internal/external shouldn't really come into it but we shall see what happens. Don't think its unreasonable to at least find out a clearer picture as to what is going on.

No I do agree if you don't ask you won't know....Good luck it has been a terrible process

Latest

Trending

Trending