The Student Room Group

Appearance, girls and leagues - just need advice tbh

Wanna keep this short but I feel like when I'm with friends I'm an extrovert, I'm always the most alive in the conversation, always cracking jokes, making people laugh etc. but I can be serious and offer good advice... then in lessons I kinda come off as an introvert even though when I speak to people I make good conversation and always keep a confident vibe. I just feel as though cause I'm a smaller guy and cause I'm pale/nerdy looking people think I'm an introvert and a pushover, in fact from experience I can say this is true.

Then when it comes to girls I have no idea who is in my league cause I've never bothered to ask anyone out, I always fear I'll be shot down for the looks even though I'll treat a girl well, make great conversation, make them laugh. Basically feel like my looks prejudice who I really am and it frustrates, trust me. Anyone else feel the same way or can offer any advice on what to do about it and girls? Haven't kept it short now have I but oh well even if no one answers it's nice to vent x

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bumppppppppppppppppppppppppp
Time to looksmax, start lifting, get a haircut etc.

we're all gonna make it brah
Reply 3
Original post by HannaMarin
Time to looksmax, start lifting, get a haircut etc.

we're all gonna make it brah

The hell is looksmax? But gym is definitely something on the agenda and a haircut has already made me a bit more confident. Thanks!
Dont spend your time worrying about 'leagues' and all those pointless social constructs. Attraction isn't mathematics.I won't lie and say looks never matter, they do because they form a part of physical attraction, but not only are looks completely subjective, they also only account for a small percentage of long term attraction.

It's also very important to remember that not being attracted to someone and finding someone unattractive are two completely different things. Just because you're not attracted doesn't mean the person isn't attractive, it just means you're not compatible. Think of it this way, there have probably been girls you've met in your life that you weren't necessarily crazy about, but those same girls probably had other people who fancied them. So keep that in mind when you think about yourself. Don't let this notion that you're not attractive or that you're below a certain league poison your mindset.

Avoid online dating (which is based purely on superficiality) and try meeting girls in real life. Focus on building chemistry and don't worry about how you look. It sounds like you've got a good personality that makes quite confident, use your strengths to your advantage.If there are valid things you think you could improve upon in terms of your physical presentation then go for it, new haircut that suits your face shape, clothes etc.

Having chemistry with someone involves many different types of attraction working together; physical attraction, emotional/romantic attraction,
Original post by Anonymous
The hell is looksmax? But gym is definitely something on the agenda and a haircut has already made me a bit more confident. Thanks!

You know, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.
Reply 6
/10

Remember you can't jump more than 2 places.
No such thing as leagues. Girls of a certain level of attractiveness don't all go for the same type of guys.
Reply 8
Original post by HannaMarin
You know, I’m 22 years old and I’m still a virgin. I’ve never even kissed a girl.

I’ve been through college for two and a half years, more than that actually, and I’m still a virgin.

It has been very torturous.

College is the time when everyone experiences those things such as sex, and fun, and pleasure. But in those years I’ve had to rot in loneliness.

It’s not fair. You girls have never been attracted to me.

I don’t know why you girls aren’t attracted to me, but I will punish you all for it.

It’s an injustice, a crime, because I don’t know what you don’t see in me. I’m the perfect guy, and yet you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men, instead of me, the supreme gentleman.

Naughty.
Reply 9
if you don't have to worry of getting shot down, that will help you find out where you are at.
Original post by WoodyMKC
No such thing as leagues. Girls of a certain level of attractiveness don't all go for the same type of guys.

If only I'd realised that sooner.

Watch out Gigi Hadid, I'm coming for you. :sexface:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/ca/2d/72ca2d74469be0bbb3634d55d9728d53.jpg
Original post by stefano865
If only I'd realised that sooner.

Watch out Gigi Hadid, I'm coming for you. :sexface:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/72/ca/2d/72ca2d74469be0bbb3634d55d9728d53.jpg

:rofl: Leagues in terms of wealth is different of course, but you see gorgeous girls with ugly fellas quite often.
:rofl: Leagues in terms of wealth is different of course, but you see gorgeous girls with ugly fellas quite often.

yeah but there are other factors, e.g the ugly fella is rich and buys them nice things? :colone:
Reply 13

So there's still a chance for me :moon:
Original post by UWS
So there's still a chance for me :moon:

I dunno about short fellas...
Reply 15
I dunno about short fellas...

Well ****. Back to the drawing board.

:rofl:

True.

Last month I saw a beauty sitting on the lap of a guy who looked like Gollum. It was daytime in a park so pretty sure she was sober. :tongue:

It seems confidence can make a girl almost blind to appearance.
Original post by stefano865
:rofl:

True.

Last month I saw a beauty sitting on the lap of a guy who looked like Gollum. It was daytime in a park so pretty sure she was sober. :tongue:

It seems confidence can make a girl almost blind to appearance.

Exactly. One of my mates I used to go clubbing with when I was a bit younger looked like a catfish (as in, an actual catfish AND someone creepy who'd use fake photos to attract women online) and smelled of cat piss, but he used to pull some stunners because he knew how to chat up girls.
Exactly. One of my mates I used to go clubbing with when I was a bit younger looked like a catfish (as in, an actual catfish AND someone creepy who'd use fake photos to attract women online) and smelled of cat piss, but he used to pull some stunners because he knew how to chat up girls.

:toofunny:

Yet more proof. Confidence is everything.
Original post by UWS
Well ****. Back to the drawing board.

We can be Forever Alone together bro. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending