The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

why are a lot of Pakistanis ashamed of their ethnicity?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by stereoashhh
In my experience they're quite proud. The ones who appear ashamed are somalians.

yesss I've noticed somalian are quite ashamed too.

but one thing that makes me think some pakis are ashamed is that they lie saying they're mixed with Arab or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sleepysnooze
because pakistan is a terrible country, hence why pakistanis in the UK don't want to live there anymore
I'm not being "racist" - pakistan is a host to misogyny, rape, homophobia, child violence, child marriage, stark political corruption and authoritarianism, poverty, relative illiteracy, terrorist-protection, etc - compare that to the UK. it's simply not a good country to live in by any metric. why would you think pakistanis should be proud of pakistan? are you saying that any citizen of any country should actually be proud of their country whether or not it is actually good? that's insane. should you encourage north koreas to be supportive of north korea, for instance? "culture" is one thing, but the substantive and holistic reality is quite another

and how did you come across most of that ********?
from the media?
of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by unaManzana
and how did you come across most of that ********?
from the media?
of course.

Posted from TSR Mobile

nah you're just pakistani and you're offended lmao
Original post by stereoashhh
In my experience they're quite proud. The ones who appear ashamed are somalians.

yesss I've noticed somalian are quite ashamed too.

but one thing that makes me think some pakis are ashamed is that they lie saying they're mixed with Arab or something

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hang on! Im SOMALI and not ashamed :mad: what is this gibberish i hear? :mad:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PrincessBO$$
Hang on! Im SOMALI and not ashamed :mad: what is this gibberish i hear? :mad:

that's good to hear lol
but the majority of Somalis I've seen are ashamed of their race, which is quite sad

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's good to hear lol
but the majority of Somalis I've seen are ashamed of their race, which is quite sad

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Majority' i dont think so. I dont know the kind of malis you have met. Somalis are not partially arab we are east african, and we look great too :h:
lol, who gives a sh*t, let people be what they wanna be, honestly shouldn't affect you! And not as if Pakistan has a very beautiful image painted in today's society, I'm proud of being Pakistani, I am the way I am, but couldn't care less if someone else didn't hold pride in their ethnicity :smile:
'Majority' i dont think so. I dont know the kind of malis you have met. Somalis are not partially arab we are east african, and we look great too :h:
Asma tbf u were the one who told me that Somali girls say that they're like half of fifteen different ethnicities haha, u sent me that meme, not saying all do that though and Idek how much truth there is in the statement itself :P
Original post by hamza772000
Asma tbf u were the one who told me that Somali girls say that they're like half of fifteen different ethnicities haha, u sent me that meme, not saying all do that though and Idek how much truth there is in the statement itself :P

bruh thats meme :colonhash: OP said majority somalis are ashamed which is ********* imo. How can that be possibly true? OP probs met a few sour grapes and now is generalising which isnt fair. I admit yes we have crazy somalis saying they are half arab and all that ****. But not a lot. The word 'majority' is incorrect to use.
bruh thats meme :colonhash: OP said majority somalis are ashamed which is ********* imo. How can that be possibly true? OP probs met a few sour grapes and now is generalising which isnt fair. I admit yes we have crazy somalis saying they are half arab and all that ****. But not a lot. The word 'majority' is incorrect to use.
I agree! tbf I didnt acc read what the OP said :colondollar: so yh sorry :colondollar:
Original post by hamza772000
I agree! tbf I didnt acc read what the OP said :colondollar: so yh sorry :colondollar:

K den
Btw you seriously overuse this emoji ':colondollar:'

Anways the beauty needs sleep. :h: I most depart farewell peasant :wink:
Original post by loveleest
I know one Pakistani girl tgat got offended when I told her she looked Pakistan? Lol

She probably thought you were calling her as fat as a country :lol:
K den
Btw you seriously overuse this emoji ':colondollar:'

Anways the beauty needs sleep. :h: I most depart farewell peasant :wink:
Ikr :colondollar: Goodnight Asma :h:

"majority of the Somalis I'VE SEEN"
:wink: and if you read my comment properly, you wouldve found that I said some pakis say they're mixed with Arab because they're ashamed of being a paki.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
nah you're just pakistani and you're offended lmao

nah I'm just curious, mate.
where did you come across that information?

did you experience any of those situations while visiting Pakistan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
nah I'm just curious, mate.
where did you come across that information?

did you experience any of those situations while visiting Pakistan?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah
yeah

nice one, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
nice one, mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

you asked a clear question, I gave you a clear answer? what's the problem?
I am not ashamed. :dontknow:
you asked a clear question, I gave you a clear answer? what's the problem?

I gave a clear reply, too..

I don't see any problem in "nice one, mate." its all down to your interpretation of it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending