The Student Room Group

University applicants 2017 thread!

Scroll to see replies

Just been invited for an interview at Manchester university for biochemistry on the 26th October.

Should I be nervous because I am... What should I expect?
Original post by t.thompson22
I just got a conditional offer of BBB from Bristol to study cellular & molecular medicine, original requirements were AAB. I'm quite a happy bunny right now :biggrin:

Dont lie howw

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have picture proof of track if you'd like it :wink:
I think they liked my PS & references so they made me a much lower offer :biggrin:
I have picture proof of track if you'd like it :wink:
I think they liked my PS & references so they made me a much lower offer :biggrin:

I have not sent my off yet. I plan on doing so by friday. Do you think i will have a good chance as i am giving it now. Or have loads of people already given it ;/
Original post by mahmzo
I have not sent my off yet. I plan on doing so by friday. Do you think i will have a good chance as i am giving it now. Or have loads of people already given it ;/

You have until 15th Jan to receive equal consideration for your application.

No rush...
Original post by mahmzo

Only a small minority of people have sent their application off. As the other poster said, the UCAS deadline isn't until 6pm on the 15th of January. There's so rush needed at this moment :smile:
Only a small minority of people have sent their application off. As the other poster said, the UCAS deadline isn't until 6pm on the 15th of January. There's so rush needed at this moment :smile:

I just feel sending it off early is better. 1 you can apply for accomodation right like 1st choice 2nd etc. And two their wont be any excuse of oh " there is too much competition"
Original post by bluemoon_
Hi :smile: also applied to both Oxford and Durham (for Chinese studies), which colleges did you choose?

Hi! I picked Brasenose for Oxford and St Mary's for Durham! I got my offer for Durham today!
Original post by sophie_armstrong
Hi! I picked Brasenose for Oxford and St Mary's for Durham! I got my offer for Durham today!

Wow, that is fast! I thought Durham was usual slow on offers. Congrats! What course?
Reply 349
course - mechanical engineering
universities - imperial:biggrin:, ucl, manchester, edinburgh, bristol
as grades- aaaa, maths econs physics accounting
a2 predicted grades- a*a*a, maths econs physics
offer- havent sent application yet

does anyone knows whether i will get offers from all the universities or not?
p/s - im an international student
Reply 350
Original post by Chiminh
course - mechanical engineering
universities - imperial:biggrin:, ucl, manchester, edinburgh, bristol
as grades- aaaa, maths econs physics accounting
a2 predicted grades- a*a*a, maths econs physics
offer- havent sent application yet

does anyone knows whether i will get offers from all the universities or not?
p/s - im an international student

my 2 a*s are for maths and physics

You got an offer FROM DURHAM?! Many congratulations!
I'm reeeeeally hoping for a quick one too, especially as I'm a post-qualification applicant!
Original post by eruditeprincess
Does she think it is good so far?
I'm only worrying because that makes it easier for me to process the 'I'm applying to uni' thing at the moment!

She is enjoying it! However she does think it is really hard, which is understandable since she is at uni lol, but yeah prepare for a lot of reading and a lot of lectures. However, you can choose topics that you wish to study, otherwise they put you in one automatically (the did that with my friend) so now she has to listen to politics lectures twice a week.
But do bare in mind that it is a challenging course, as it covers sociology and has political influences to it, so you really have to do well at a levels and know your stuff imo :smile:

WOAH WELL DONE!!!! what course did you apply for :smile:?
Original post by Chiminh
my 2 a*s are for maths and physics

imperial are a bit dodgy with sending offers :/ but you really should as your grades are amazing! Although don't forget to ace your personal statement too :smile:
Original post by banana222
Course: Land Economy/Planning and Real Estate
Universities:Cambridge, UCL,Manchester,Sheffield,Reading
GCSE grades:3A*s 6A's 3B's
AS grades (achieved):ABBD
A2 grades (predicted):A*AA
Extra curricular:NCS, Read loads, volunteer work, Mentor
Offer: Confirmation emails from Cambridge and Sheffield but nothing else and starting to go mental :frown:

When did you apply? The only uni I know of those that are even processing applications are Manchester. It can be a long wait, my application has been in a month and I have one offer so far.
Original post by Ellie419
When did you apply? The only uni I know of those that are even processing applications are Manchester. It can be a long wait, my application has been in a month and I have one offer so far.

Well, fortunately or unfortunately (you decide), you're wrong. Have you not been following the "[017] fastest and slowest offer senders" thread?
Original post by dorababy1995
Well, fortunately or unfortunately (you decide), you're wrong. Have you not been following the "[017] fastest and slowest offer senders" thread?

I have been checking it. I know that Manchester are processing applications as there are people who I know that have receiving invitations to interview. If any of the other unis have been giving out offers I haven't seen it because I've been paying less attention since everyone started complaining about Warwick.
Original post by ImagineCats
*Someone tell me if the grammar in the title is wrong idk*
:banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2::banana::banana2:

WAITED SINCE YEAR 9 FOR THIS AND IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING! I'm so excited for uni it's unreal aaaaaah

Hope you're all coping okay with personal statements! Had feedback from my 1st draft now :h:
Let's get to know each other :colondollar:

Name:
Where?
AS grades+Subjects:
A2 Predicted/Achieved:
Offers?

Name: Rachel :biggrin:
Course: Genetics
Where: Swansea, UEA, Chester, Aberystwyth, Liverpool
AS Grades: Geography (B) German (C) Biology (D) lololollol peak 4 me
A2 Predicted: AACD (picking up chemistry)
Offers? Haven't applied

YOUR TURN YAY

Don't forget to also update your application to the fastest/slowest offer senders- these threads help other years out so much :h: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4319440&p=67589748#post67589748

U going to Chester open day on saturday
Original post by Edminzodo
Post your course, university choices and academic information here!

Course:
Universities:
GCSE grades:
AS grades (predicted/achieved):
A2 grades (predicted/achieved):
Extra curricular:
Other:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Course: Geography BA/Geography and International Development BA
Universities: Sussex, RHUL, Kings College London, UEA, SOAS
GCSE grades: 10A*'s, A
AS grades: AAAA
A2 grades: AAAA(a* in EPQ) - achieved
Other: I attended Durham uni studying Geography and Psychology last year but decided after my first year that I did not want to continue studying at this institution hence I am taking a gap year and reapplying
Anybody else applying for Geog at these unis? :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending