The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2016/2017

Scroll to see replies

Ok so as I did mine a while ago I emailed asking when the results will be out as it's already two weeks for me.
They've come back and said as pass marks haven't yet been decided it may not be until the end of next week so hope this gives a good timeline to people!
Original post by KJSwale
Ok so as I did mine a while ago I emailed asking when the results will be out as it's already two weeks for me.
They've come back and said as pass marks haven't yet been decided it may not be until the end of next week so hope this gives a good timeline to people!

I haven't completed my online tests yet but wish to change my preferences round. I currently have Finance as my first choice and commercial as my second but wish to make it the other way round. Do you think if I phone up today I will have any chance of being able to so that. The deadline for my to complete my tests is tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by gingerwizard
I haven't completed my online tests yet but wish to change my preferences round. I currently have Finance as my first choice and commercial as my second but wish to make it the other way round. Do you think if I phone up today I will have any chance of being able to so that. The deadline for my to complete my tests is tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd do that as soon as possible or their email is [email protected]. I did read when applying once submitted you can't change your options so I'd maybe get your answer ASAP so you have time to do your tests and not rush them.
Original post by Lillybingo
Honestly it was a surprise to me too, however for some of the streams last year, you had to repeat the numerical and verbal reasoning at the assessment centre, so maybe they'll only introduce them then.

From my experience, the e-tray was way more difficult than any of the exams before it and is likely to whittle down the numbers anyway.

I'm afraid I can't be of much help with regards to your last question, but i'm sure places will be awarded based on merit and that other applications will have a negligible effect on your progress :smile:

Guys, just to be clear they are only testing mathematical ability at the FSAC for the Finance and the Commerical stream.

If you're doing generalist or any of the other streams your maths will not be examined.

The changes have come after The Bridge report suggested removing maths tests will increase the socio-economic diversity of the Fast Stream.

Just so you're clear - they will NOT examine maths at any point during the application process.
Did you get a message saying "You have been automatically logged off from your Cubiks Online session. You will see this prompt if you have not interacted with Cubiks Online for 20 minutes, or because you did not log off correctly from your previous session. You can log on again now." after completing the situational judgement questionnaire? I'm hoping that my responses have been recorded correctly...
Original post by Jessi 8)
Did you get a message saying "You have been automatically logged off from your Cubiks Online session. You will see this prompt if you have not interacted with Cubiks Online for 20 minutes, or because you did not log off correctly from your previous session. You can log on again now." after completing the situational judgement questionnaire? I'm hoping that my responses have been recorded correctly...

That would worry me if I was in your shoes. I would contact them with the information you've given just to make sure they have your online test and that it's been fully filled in. It might just be the website timing out after you've completed the test but it's best to make sure.

Contact Information below -

Fast Stream helpline Telephone: 01276 400 333

You can call us from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.

Email: [email protected]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eboracum7
That would worry me if I was in your shoes. I would contact them with the information you've given just to make sure they have your online test and that it's been fully filled in. It might just be the website timing out after you've completed the test but it's best to make sure.

Contact Information below -

Fast Stream helpline Telephone: 01276 400 333

You can call us from 8am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.

Email: [email protected]

Thank you! I rang them to check, as you recommended, and apparently it's fine.
How long do they take to give your feedback from the Situational Strengths test? It's been about a week and a half for me now.
Just did it, what a bizarre way to apply.

The situational test makes perfect sense, but the behavioural one seems like a ridiculous way to filter out candidates to me. Anybody could just lie and make it up and it's easy to get caught out because you've not quite answered the right questions.

I'm guessing there's logic behind it, but I feel like this will filter me out and it doesn't give me a chance to reflect my true abilities.
Original post by Jamiebb1993
Guys, just to be clear they are only testing mathematical ability at the FSAC for the Finance and the Commerical stream.

If you're doing generalist or any of the other streams your maths will not be examined.

The changes have come after The Bridge report suggested removing maths tests will increase the socio-economic diversity of the Fast Stream.

Just so you're clear - they will NOT examine maths at any point during the application process.

Do you have any idea of what format these numerical tests will take at the FSAC I assume it will be a pass mark as opposed to the higher mark you get (as long as it's above the pass mark) meaning the better chance you have of receiving an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anyone done the video interview and if so, any guidance, hints or tips?
Original post by yogiyaz
Has anyone done the video interview and if so, any guidance, hints or tips?

Have you received your results then?
Original post by hodgey111
Have you received your results then?

No; I hadn't realised that the e-tray unlocks the video interview until this morning so I thought I needed to prepare for it at the same time as the SJT/BJTs. I've just done the first tests so now its the waiting game I suppose!
I have only got as far as the situational tests so far - no results as of yet and this is week 2. Apparently my e-exercises expire today, so I am feeling worried that I have not passed, but if that's the case, then I can always wait until next year.

One thing that strikes me as particularly curious - not once during my application have I been asked for university credentials, work experience, additional qualifications and the like. I remember that this was one of the first things they asked for last year. Has this happened for anyone else, or is this something for me to chase?
Original post by HumanDancer
I have only got as far as the situational tests so far - no results as of yet and this is week 2. Apparently my e-exercises expire today, so I am feeling worried that I have not passed, but if that's the case, then I can always wait until next year.

One thing that strikes me as particularly curious - not once during my application have I been asked for university credentials, work experience, additional qualifications and the like. I remember that this was one of the first things they asked for last year. Has this happened for anyone else, or is this something for me to chase?

I also haven't submitted anything which I also thought was a bit curious and thought I'd not done something correctly. Perhaps it's after the tests. It is with a normal role not fast stream.
So, online test results mid-October. Will it be Friday or Monday? The closest days to mid-month (assuming weekends aren't included.)
Original post by Eboracum7
So, online test results mid-October. Will it be Friday or Monday? The closest days to mid-month (assuming weekends aren't included.)

They told me end of next week so thinking next Friday.
Original post by KJSwale
They told me end of next week so thinking next Friday.

Bleurgh, not a fan of waiting :smile:
Through to the FSAC! Hopefully I won't mess this up now.
Original post by PostGrad221
Through to the FSAC! Hopefully I won't mess this up now.

Congratulations! Prepare to be bombarded by similar quotes and questions, but when did you apply and when did you receive your results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending