The Student Room Group

Birmingham Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

My score is 6.003 but I self-taught my iGSCEs and had a family member pass away from Stage IV breast cancer. I really want to apply ;/
Reply 61
I'm applying to Birmingham as an International Student:

My PS is pretty well written
IB predicted is 39 overall with 7,6,6,5 at HL and 6,6 at SL
UKCAT score was pretty low, 1780 Band 2

What r ur thoughts???
Reply 62
Hi, I've applied to Birmingham for medicine and just received an email saying that they aim to reply in 15 working days. Does anyone know if this is right as I did not expect to hear anything until December?
Original post by ShenelW
Hi, I've applied to Birmingham for medicine and just received an email saying that they aim to reply in 15 working days. Does anyone know if this is right as I did not expect to hear anything until December?

I got this too, I think they'll probably get back to us in 15 days to say they're still reviewing the application
Original post by ShenelW

Original post by elish2chambers
I got this too, I think they'll probably get back to us in 15 days to say they're still reviewing the application

When did you guys send your UCAS ? I sent mine today but didn't get that email.
Original post by nihil_nimis
When did you guys send your UCAS ? I sent mine today but didn't get that email.

I got mine about a day later, I wouldn't worry they'll probably send it tomorrow
Hi everyone, I've applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton and Sheffield!
GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A
A levels: A*AA (I'm on a gap year)
UKCAT: 2270
So nervous to hear back but I know it could be months. Where has everyone else applied to?:biggrin:
Original post by jemmaaa0853
Hi everyone, I've applied to Birmingham, Leicester, Southampton and Sheffield!
GCSEs: 10 A*, 1 A
A levels: A*AA (I'm on a gap year)
UKCAT: 2270
So nervous to hear back but I know it could be months. Where has everyone else applied to?:biggrin:

A*AA gap year applicant too :smile:
Applying to Leicester, Birmingham, Cardiff and Liverpool
Reply 68
Predictions: A*A*A
Score: 8/10

Do I have a good chance?
Plus do they look at personal statements?
Original post by Ninjakam119

Ah yeah I really like Leicester and Birmingham! What was your UKCAT?
Original post by jemmaaa0853
Ah yeah I really like Leicester and Birmingham! What was your UKCAT?

I'm thinking Leicester is going to be my first choice. It was nothing amazing (2000) so you're 2 points ahead on Leicester's scoring :biggrin:
I'm thinking Leicester is going to be my first choice. It was nothing amazing (2000) so you're 2 points ahead on Leicester's scoring :biggrin:

That's a really good UKCAT! Did you get full marks for your GCSEs?:biggrin:

Oh wow, we're applying to exactly the same unis, although I'm not a gap-year student :tongue: Cardiff or Birmingham will most likely be my top choice should I be lucky enough to receive offers from both...
Do you think they'll let us know within the 15 days if they want to invite us to interview ? As I read on there website somewhere that they start interviewing from November which is pretty early.
Has anyone received any offers/rejections? I sent mine off in September and the suspense is killing me:frown:
Reply 75
Original post by Miranda98
Has anyone received any offers/rejections? I sent mine off in September and the suspense is killing me:frown:

People won't be getting any offers/rejections for a loonnnngg time. No one has been interviewed yet so don't worry. It may be until April before you here back from a few unis so be prepared to stick it out for a long time. Not much you can do, I'm afraid. We're all in the same boat here though :smile:
Reply 76
How big are they on personal statement pre interview?
Original post by chrisdale98
How big are they on personal statement pre interview?

They don't really look at it that much at all
When applicants receive the same pre-interview score (out of 10), which academic and non-academic factors do Birmingham give the most consideration to when deciding who to interview?

Do they produce a ranking of all candidates and interview the top 1000, for example? ie can it be assumed that every applicant with a very high score, say 9 and above will be interviewed? Or is it possible that an applicant with a 10 score isn't invited to interview as their other features weren't good enough?

ps my score is 8 and I'm trying to decide if I have the best chances of an interview here... I saw that 73% of those interviewed had a score of 8 AND ABOVE :/

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 79
I have 7.75 and I applied. Cut off was 6.17 last year or something like that so we should be alright

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending