The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Just saw my counselor. She was like "well, maybe this isn't the right course for you. You don't get extra time as a police officer, nor do you get it as a nurse."

I don't know how I feel about this, I can see she's right obviously, and I've done this stupid class 3 times now, but it's the death of yet another dream and makes me feel like a complete failure. :sad:

You are not a failure!!! You've been through so much so you can't expect to find these things easy the stuff you've been through will be taking it's toll on you cognitively! Did you manage to get any extra support at uni disability wise?
Original post by Noodlzzz
Glad it went ok! Maybe a follow up email describing how you're feeling?

My new CPN has postponed until Friday :frown: But still have GP tomorrow. Just feel nervous about meeting new professionals and explaining all over again my situation and how yes, I am studying clinical psychology, and yes, I do have schizophrenia too :sigh:*

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting hold of another support team person. The guy I met today was only there temporarily, and there's a woman that works there that's quite nice so I might see if I can chat with her at some point.

That's annoying :/ I know what you mean about new doctors and stuff. I hope they both understand and you get on well this week :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by chelseadagg3r
Yeah, I'm thinking about getting hold of another support team person. The guy I met today was only there temporarily, and there's a woman that works there that's quite nice so I might see if I can chat with her at some point.

That's annoying :/ I know what you mean about new doctors and stuff. I hope they both understand and you get on well this week :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That sounds like a good idea.

Thank you!*
Original post by Little Popcorns
You are not a failure!!! You've been through so much so you can't expect to find these things easy the stuff you've been through will be taking it's toll on you cognitively! Did you manage to get any extra support at uni disability wise?

Thank you. :colondollar: I just find it so hard to revise, what with the voices laughing and shouting at me. Right now they're being crazy loud; I'm listening to Rammstein at what is probably an unsafe volume, but I don't know what else to do. :frown:

The mental health place I go is completely useless but they have a monopoly in this tiny town in the middle of nowhere so I don't really have a choice (mental health support is somewhat lacking in the south). I asked for a letter 2 weeks ago and my psychiatrist told me she'd delegate it. This person is unbelievable - I went 2 times last week and again today, I called 4 times inbetween. When I saw her last week she was like "so you want to get out of doing exams?" which isn't at all what I wanted. :banghead: So nope, no support yet. :nothing:
Thank you. :colondollar: I just find it so hard to revise, what with the voices laughing and shouting at me. Right now they're being crazy loud; I'm listening to Rammstein at what is probably an unsafe volume, but I don't know what else to do. :frown:

The mental health place I go is completely useless but they have a monopoly in this tiny town in the middle of nowhere so I don't really have a choice (mental health support is somewhat lacking in the south). I asked for a letter 2 weeks ago and my psychiatrist told me she'd delegate it. This person is unbelievable - I went 2 times last week and again today, I called 4 times inbetween. When I saw her last week she was like "so you want to get out of doing exams?" which isn't at all what I wanted. :banghead: So nope, no support yet. :nothing:
Lol well that's a reeeeeally professional response from your psychiatrist :facepalm:

What about uni have you managed to speak to someone there?
Hey, I've recently been prescribed mitrazapine by my psychiatrist - it's my first time on any kind of mental health medication - and I'm having some problems with it. I don't have a follow up appointment until january, what should I do? Can I call and schedule an appointment? I didn't take my dose today because I was so fed up but I know it's bad to come off meds without consulting your doctor.
Hey, I've recently been prescribed mitrazapine by my psychiatrist - it's my first time on any kind of mental health medication - and I'm having some problems with it. I don't have a follow up appointment until january, what should I do? Can I call and schedule an appointment? I didn't take my dose today because I was so fed up but I know it's bad to come off meds without consulting your doctor.

Sorry didn't mean to go anon
Lol well that's a reeeeeally professional response from your psychiatrist :facepalm:

What about uni have you managed to speak to someone there?

Oh sorry, I think I wasn't clear - the psychiatrist asked someone else to write the letter, it was that woman who said that and who is refusing to pick up the phone, call me back, or do anything really. :frown: She made me feel really **** over that - it isn't even like I'm asking for extra time, the only thing I requested is to do exams in the afternoons because of the sedative effect of my meds.

I spoke to a counselor but the uni can't do anythnig else without this letter. :/ I feel so demotivated, I'm probably going to fail regardless and I just keep thinking why bother?

Are you still in therapy?
Original post by nverjvlev

Sorry didn't mean to go anon

Hi!

I've been on mirtazapine myself, and it caused issues for me also. Definitely phone up and get an appointment. Do you have a CPN?
Oh sorry, I think I wasn't clear - the psychiatrist asked someone else to write the letter, it was that woman who said that and who is refusing to pick up the phone, call me back, or do anything really. :frown: She made me feel really **** over that - it isn't even like I'm asking for extra time, the only thing I requested is to do exams in the afternoons because of the sedative effect of my meds.

I spoke to a counselor but the uni can't do anythnig else without this letter. :/ I feel so demotivated, I'm probably going to fail regardless and I just keep thinking why bother?

Are you still in therapy?

Ah dear :/ hope they get their **** together explain why you want it the sedative effects etc!

Hmm difficult one I guess just keep pressing for the letter is all you can do at the moment and make it clear to your uni that you're onto it but that it's only going as quickly as it is :/

:hugs:

Nope out of it but meant to do daily diaries until he calls me after a couple of months... Just have a sense of I can't do this on my own but will see
Ah dear :/ hope they get their **** together explain why you want it the sedative effects etc!

Hmm difficult one I guess just keep pressing for the letter is all you can do at the moment and make it clear to your uni that you're onto it but that it's only going as quickly as it is :/

:hugs:

Nope out of it but meant to do daily diaries until he calls me after a couple of months... Just have a sense of I can't do this on my own but will see

When you say daily diaries do you mean like writing down how you're feeling at various times/what activities make you feel better or worse? What is it that you're struggling with? :console: If you really can't, would you be able to call him either just for a pep talk or for another appointment?
No energy at all. I'm so drained. I have to leave in 20 minutes and I'm still in bed. I hate days like this

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've never written on here before so I'm hoping it's ok. I'm a 17 year old guy that gets anxious thoughts about losing his intelligence. I've lost friends over it, pushed people away and I've never been to see anyone about it. I know it's the best thing I can do but I just can't go like that.
When you say daily diaries do you mean like writing down how you're feeling at various times/what activities make you feel better or worse? What is it that you're struggling with? :console: If you really can't, would you be able to call him either just for a pep talk or for another appointment?
It's to clear up lose ends with any remaining physical symptoms that still cause me distress. So it's a symptom diary and then I write down associated thoughts/feelings and question how they might be contributing and try out alternative explanations rather than immediately presuming it's a sign of a serious illness.

Yep he's said I can call if I'm struggling.
GP went really well, she was really nice and understanding :smile:
Medication dose increased. Back on tablets instead of liquid form.
GP went really well, she was really nice and understanding :smile:

PRSOM! :angry:

Yay! :hugs:
Original post by Airmed
Medication dose increased. Back on tablets instead of liquid form.

Are they good or bad things for you?
x

That sounds reasonable. I'm sorry they're making this so hard for you, it's really not what you need right now on top of everything :console:

Please don't put yourself down, you're such a nice person, so helpful and supportive... you're not going to fail
Are they good or bad things for you?

Idk tbh. I was expecting a med increase at some point. But at the back of my mind I'm already thinking about the horrible side effects I'm gonna get like I always do, and then I will be back to square one

Latest